Imperial Heavy Repeater

DT.

upload the model to sketchfab ;)

Anyway that model will need some proper smoothing groups or it will look very wierd, if people try to use it without rend2

the shaidng will end up looking like on that untextured model , which is something nobody wants

DT. likes this

Yeah, I noted that the upper receiver area (or where it would be on a real-world firearm) looks like it's lacking color depth, visible even without the normal map. I think that the specular is causing that. I actually disagree on the normal map though, I think it looks great personally.

It was in GSA as well. In fact JKG and GSA wound up sharing a large chunk of weapon mechanics code since I ported some of it directly from one mod to another (and the Xyc improved the code I think later on)

If you're talking about putting it in the mod, I was thinking about doing that, yeah. I want to make sure to have things available though so that people can disable/enable this stuff if they feel like it spoils the experience for them.

Circa likes this

Also slightly off-topic but what about weapon reloading?

Please don't do shitty progress bar on hud reloading though.  Make proper predicted pmove based reloading.

I too would like to see weapon reloading animations for each weapon type. But some may not... this was a "realism" configuration option in sniper elite game (to play reload animations-- as well as weapon switching anims, or switching from weapon to binoculars or other useable item). Maybe we could have a game configuration option to play (or not) these extra anims?

The thing is though, not all weapons have a spot to pull out a cartridge and shove a new one in. What about you press reload and it just recharges your weapon with no actual cartridge swap? There would be a recharging animation of course.

Wiki says it has a Max capacity of 400 metallic bolts, and a concussion grenade launcher that holds 50 rounds-- has to get loaded somehow...

...seems like folks at Raven didn't know much about gun/weapon design... if they didn't think about reloading it. 400 bolts seems like it would need a box cannister or drum magazine: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_magazine

The capacities seem like crazy much as well... Maybe it breaks opens like a double-barrel shot-gun? To reveal where its loaded?

Bryar has side-loading cartridge (not shown in JK2/A model for whatever reason)

Blaster has side-loading cartridge

Bowcaster is charged from a battery, each battery being plugged in from the bottom (if memory serves)

Disruptor has a bottom mag

Repeater I think is side-load

No idea how DEMP is loaded, probably from bottom or in a (presumably) hollowed-out stock.

Flechette has two metallic bolts in the back which are pumped in via hydraulics (if memory serves). The launcher just encases the shrapnel in an explosive shell (iirc)

I think rocket loading is obvious from the model