Imperial Heavy Repeater

DT.

Hi,

I have pushed a commit which fixes the G2 viewmodels to act consistent with MD3 models in regards to how the FOV works. I also have some preliminary stuff for force powers done (Force Push and Pull work)

WARNING: Leaving out anims in the animations.cfg may lead to a crash! (specifically when it tries to run those anims)

Give me a link when you've got more animations in. :)

Here's a screenshot of progress so far:

shot2014-08-21_19-36-55.jpg

I think the hand and weapon might be raised too much. I was thinking something more akin to Bioshock 2:

BioShock_2_MP_E3_Screenshot_2.jpg

EDIT: and if you could go ahead and put that idle animation in, i can test it and see what's going on. My most recent merge with `master` might be why that's broken

redsaurus, Maksman, DT. and 1 other like this

I still think that the push hand is too high and the pull hand is too close to the screen. But it looks good! How seamless do the animations play with firing etc?

There's something screwed up with the rendering of FX (including the muzzle effect but I think you already knew that) so I think that needs to be looked into before I can do the lightning/grip/whatever effects in first person.

DT. likes this

My setup: FOV 100 / Viewmodel FOV 80 afaik

Not sure what you mean by that other stuff

In real-life 1st-Person we see things with a FOV of 50mm... if I recall-- you should give 50 a try to see what it looks like.  The other thing is the View Model origin... the View Model has a camera origin, correct?  If it does (as I believe it should) where is this 1st-Person View Model Camera origin set?  In my opinion the View Model camera origin should be located centered between the eyes and locked to track the Head bone transforms.

cg_fovviewmodel 70 looks nice to me with the new repeater.

@@eezstreet

I've tweaked the effects to play at 0,0,0 origin for the new repeater. I've updated the PK3 - now is assigned to replace the old repeater, added effects fixing. Same link as always in your current PM's. :)

Roger. :D

@@eezstreet:

(1) Is there a way to reduce how long the force power effect is played on the hand(s)? (2) I've noticed sometimes after a level load (next area) that the force power meter on the HUD stops functioning and flickers. (3) Also, the viewmodel likes to disappear after grip is played. Was doing this before your grip fix as well.

(1) I could decrease the time. I just need a precise idea of how long to do the cutoff (I'm thinking I could try 500ms)

(2) Yup, confirmed bug. No idea what causes it yet.

(3) "Grip fix"? Also, as I said above, make sure you have an animation for Force Lightning being released.

DT. likes this