Rare Mods [2019]

Why are you posting links to maps that about half I am gonna throw out is on jk3files. even if most people can't access the site.. Other then that and majority are Stargate stuff so might wanna add that to the title, all fare in sharing but best share links they come from at least ^_^

Merek likes this

Hi,

Maybe you could contact the original authors of the files and see if you get could them hosted here? I'd hate to see these links expire or something.

agreed but to be honest with you, the reason why they aren't uploaded here is because some content i have no idea who made them, no way to contact the authors, and worst of all there's no readme.

You may submit the files if you aren't aware how to contact the author/they are unreachable. There is a section of the rules which clarifies this:

No response from author / Author cannot be contacted
If after 30 days you dont receive a response or the author cannot be contacted then you may submit the file to JKHub. In the file description you must state that you attempted to contact the author and found that they were unreachable. The staff will then determine whether or not we feel the file can be uploaded to the site and will make sure that it is clear that the author could not be contacted. All files that fall under this criteria will be submitted under the JKHub account and reference who uploaded the file. Please note that the file may be taken down if the original author requests so.

• You must include the original readme file, untouched.
  • You must include all original files, untouched.
  • You must include a new readme explaining the steps taken to contact the author, and your email address and username (so we dont lose who uploaded it).
Bek and Merek like this

Why are you posting links to maps that about half I am gonna throw out is on jk3files. even if most people can't access the site.. Other then that and majority are Stargate stuff so might wanna add that to the title, all fare in sharing but best share links they come from at least ^_^

You said it exactly, most people don't have access to JK3Files and it never hurts to back it up since I fear that site is one day going to be no more. Yes, I am a stargate fanatic when it comes to JK3 but I doubt this list will continue to represent Stargate it is going to grow (yes with more stargate stuff but I plan on adding other stuff too). I have teamed up with my buddies to bring you the rarest of the rarest in JK3. check it out: http://z13.invisionfree.com/TRS_Project/index.php?

Also Note: I refuse to host the Omaha Beach map (day & night) here on JKHub. Why? Because I have heard (and read) that is was removed from JK3Files because of claims of ported content. Now, if someone can confirm that there isn't anything in the map that has been ported from another game then I will upload it.

Onysfx likes this

You may submit the files if you aren't aware how to contact the author/they are unreachable. There is a section of the rules which clarifies this:

how do I submit a file If  the map never came with a readme? do I write my own? or do i just create a .zip file with the .pk3 inside?

Write your own, stating that the author could not be reached because you couldn't find an appropriate readme. If you have to, try and do some digging on each file to find the author. Be sure to package it up in any original .zip files that you found things in, and be sure to state how you found the files as well.

sup, have you heard about torrent protocol? it's like you dun need to be depended on extra websites...

I suggest you to try to share your stuff using this technology.

Wouldn't that require his files to be in a certain folder on his specific hard drive though? Torrent protocols are also blocked on most public networks anyway.

That would, @Circa.

Is being blocked on most public network the reason to not use or why was it said?

Keeping direct links and links to torrents as alternative download is the best way to handle.

This could be also very useful for this forum. Alternative is not replacement, rite? But it's already offtop, soz.

That would, @Circa.

Is being blocked on most public network the reason to not use or why was it said?

Keeping direct links and links to torrents as alternative download is the best way to handle.

This could be also very useful for this forum. Alternative is not replacement, rite? But it's already offtop, soz.

Why exclude those that are on public networks? That's a huge downside in my opinion. An alternative isn't really necessary though, if you're using a service that works worldwide, one link would suffice.

Why to exclude, @Circa? You got my wrods wrong. By alternative I meant extra way, not replacing. So public guys will still be able to use regular download. As non-public ones too.

Everyone will choose the best way for them. When things are optional then it's fun fun.

Excuse me for offtop again, the TS.

Torrent might be good for stuff like MB2. But for general files, it's not such a good idea.

Okay all of you I am surprised that this topic has become very active. Also I don't plan on using torrents like EVER!

Yeah, I've got to check out these mods too! I always liked Stargate but I know little of it. But anyhow @ don't worry, I'm sure there's plenty of other modders out there just waiting to discover this website, like I needed to. Maybe playtime has decreased but after a while being here I reckon this community is pretty much VERY alive.

Merek likes this

I'm sure with some time spent on google you can find out who all the original authors are.

Look around on hapslashes old forum, pretty sure people on there were members of the old stargate mod, as well as I think @@Szico VII being involved at some point.

I don't believe these maps were related to a stargate mod or are you referring to the maps as a mod?