T3-M4 Droid

i could rig it to the middle leg and rig the back legs to the middle foot? would be sweet and r2 only has 10 anim sequences you would just have to reposition it ten times. No big deal at all and it would be worth it. I personally enjoy little devices being animated and stuff shows hard work

Circa likes this

i could rig it to the middle leg and rig the back legs to the middle foot? would be sweet and r2 only has 10 anim sequences you would just have to reposition it ten times. No big deal at all and it would be worth it. I personally enjoy little devices being animated and stuff shows hard work

Makes sense.

Maybe there's still a way to make the firing animation work? Maybe you could just modify the R2 skeleton somehow. Add a firing animation that makes the blaster come out and shoot, then go back in when not being used.

Looks good!

We could. If you do, don't bother modeling the blaster on his head. Just keep it flat.

As useful as the top panel was in Kotor, I kind of like the streamlined look of his head being flat. That being said, there's also something interesting about a droid being ready for anything at any time.

MP support is something I strongly require, lol, otherwise the mod would taunt me for the rest of eternity being so close and yet so far away.

I'm excited... Thank you everyone for your input, and Chalk... you are a true hero.

uhm MP compatibility is no problem at all , make him a vehicle !

a tauntaun should be suited best for that matter

Of the 8 or so droid vehicles I've come across, they all tend to be type VH_WALKER. Are there advantages to the VH_ANIMAL class? Does that prevent the 'rolling over people' effect, or the massive explosion upon death?

I could definitely use this model when it's released for my upcoming JKA fanfics. :) I always used to just resking the R2 model and call it RT3-M4, with a backstory such as T3's memory drive was found on Dromund Kaas during the Second Galactic Civil War. But this...this is even better!

Oh yeah! It's always nicer to have actual assets than trying to retcon something. Let us behold the wonders of this mod coming together in splendid anticipation.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Oh yeah! It's always nicer to have actual assets than trying to retcon something. Let us behold the wonders of this mod coming together in splendid anticipation.

This could actually help with a better backstory, such as T3 being rebuilt upon having his remains discovered. :D I'm eager to see what's next, because this shows me that JKhub is REALLY starting to kick it up compared to JK3files in terms of releases and masterpieces. :)

This could actually help with a better backstory, such as T3 being rebuilt upon having his remains discovered. :D I'm eager to see what's next, because this shows me that JKhub is REALLY starting to kick it up compared to JK3files in terms of releases and masterpieces. :)

I have to agree. Seeing how fast T3 is coming together, seeing the collaborative atmosphere of this website. It truly is the... hub... of JK... Plus JK3files has been crippled by that software glitch that just nukes the update lists and file pages.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I have to agree. Seeing how fast T3 is coming together, seeing the collaborative atmosphere of this website. It truly is the... hub... of JK... Plus JK3files has been crippled by that software glitch that just nukes the update lists and file pages.

Such a shame too, because they did have SOME things cooked up for the future, but then...well you know. -_- Thank you, creator of JKhub for making this website possible and picking up the slack. :)

Circa likes this

I've been looking at various T3-M4 pictures and it reminded me of the issue with Proxy for Force Unleashed. Depending on various reverence angles and lighting, both droids fall on a spectrum of coloring from silver to purplish blue to pale blue. Since Jedi Academy relies on a bit more simplistic lighting, what do you think would be the most aesthetic?

a little tampering with the spec and env images for it. the diff texture can have a bit of normal metal tones with maybe a hint of blue, then the spec go more purplish and green with the same metallic feel, then the env image can be a decent reflection pic containing the desired colors and stuff.. we'll mess with it. i'll get her unwrapped tonight so we can start messing with it

at any rate... you can download q3ase and try out the shaders yourself and post the results

a little tampering with the spec and env images for it. the diff texture can have a bit of normal metal tones with maybe a hint of blue, then the spec go more purplish and green with the same metallic feel, then the env image can be a decent reflection pic containing the desired colors and stuff.. we'll mess with it. i'll get her unwrapped tonight so we can start messing with it

at any rate... you can download q3ase and try out the shaders yourself and post the results

The most I've ever done is reskinning. I'll have to look up Q3ase. My apologies for my limited skill.

Better to try and realize it's not for you than to not try at all, right?

I certainly hope that's the case, lol. Sad but true... But it makes me appreciate Chalk and the others all the more. I still can't believe how quickly he shaped and refined the T3 model!

Oh, really, i am stunned! Nice work!!! Very good model! :D And yes, i love T3-M4. is a very nice character, a droid with a deep story, is the previous reincarnation of R2-D2, i am sure of that LOL. :D You are a genius, for doing a droid so complex working, animated and functionally. if can also shoot by the cannon of the head is amazing.

weapons of T3-M4:

- flamethrower

- blaster pistol

- electroshocker. (is like if he shot force lightning level 1)

Oh, really, i am stunned! Nice work!!! Very good model! :D And yes, i love T3-M4. is a very nice character, a droid with a deep story, is the previous reincarnation of R2-D2, i am sure of that LOL. :D You are a genius, for doing a droid so complex working, animated and functionally. if can also shoot by the cannon of the head is amazing.

weapons of T3-M4:

- flamethrower

- blaster pistol

- electroshocker. (is like if he shot force lightning level 1)

Chalk really is one of the most brilliant modders I've ever seen, his work is exquisite. I hadn't even contemplated the possibility of the droid vehicle managing to shoot given the limitations of the vehicle/class so the idea he could have any offensive abilities in JA really was surprising. Still, I don't see the shocker as being a practical weapon in the game engine as it stands.

Chalk really is one of the most brilliant modders I've ever seen, his work is exquisite. I hadn't even contemplated the possibility of the droid vehicle managing to shoot given the limitations of the vehicle/class so the idea he could have any offensive abilities in JA really was surprising. Still, I don't see the shocker as being a practical weapon in the game engine as it stands.

i know, i think that need to be encode for do somethings, can be easy equipped with a blaster, but a flamethrower like boba fett or a shocker is hard to do... mmm, well, is possible to make the model of vehicle for electrocuting the enemies on the direct contact? like assassin droid with the shield on? (i suppose thatfor make this need to make t3 NOT as vehicle, but how NPC_assassin_droid

i know, i think that need to be encode for do somethings, can be easy equipped with a blaster, but a flamethrower like boba fett or a shocker is hard to do... mmm, well, is possible to make the model of vehicle for electrocuting the enemies on the direct contact? like assassin droid with the shield on? (i suppose thatfor make this need to make t3 NOT as vehicle, but how NPC_assassin_droid

I suppose that idea does remind me of Galak's mech suit shield in Jedi Outcast, or those droid shields used on Coruscant in single player... Regardless of how he is used, though, the modeling has to be finished, there's the skeleton and animation and skinning... Lots to do before the request is usurped for other purposes, lol.

I suppose that idea does remind me of Galak's mech suit shield in Jedi Outcast, or those droid shields used on Coruscant in single player... Regardless of how he is used, though, the modeling has to be finished, there's the skeleton and animation and skinning... Lots to do before the request is usurped for other purposes, lol.

Well, is not so necessary, is just a touch of more realistic XD. i know. i have used the shield, is not much difficolt : for my mod i create some ellemantal golem that fight shotting elemental balls (i removed model of weapons of SW leaving only the tag so they shot pratically by the hand with an edited animation like force push) andthey are setted as Assassin droid class , like droids of Coruscant of Lannik racto., these droid, wss the assassin droid, years ago i imported on 3d max the models GLM of assassin droid and i see there is a spherical mesh called "force_shield_off" is linked to the hips part and is weighted to pelvis bone. so i merge that mesh with my golems miodel: result: every golem can have a shield that get up when not fighty and electrocuted the enemy. in golem skin files, i can set for everyt shield a different texture. and for every texture a different shadering.

result: enemy fight with colored shield fo elemenal: so the golem of light is a statue of gold and is shield is of yellow light, the golem metal has ha shield of lightning, the golem of ice a frozen shield, the golem of earth a dust shield, the golem of air a fog \ cloud shield. is very wonderful to see. :)

Well, is not so necessary, is just a touch of more realistic XD. i know. i have used the shield, is not much difficolt : for my mod i create some ellemantal golem that fight shotting elemental balls (i removed model of weapons of SW leaving only the tag so they shot pratically by the hand with an edited animation like force push) andthey are setted as Assassin droid class , like droids of Coruscant of Lannik racto., these droid, wss the assassin droid, years ago i imported on 3d max the models GLM of assassin droid and i see there is a spherical mesh called "force_shield_off" is linked to the hips part and is weighted to pelvis bone. so i merge that mesh with my golems miodel: result: every golem can have a shield that get up when not fighty and electrocuted the enemy. in golem skin files, i can set for everyt shield a different texture. and for every texture a different shadering.

result: enemy fight with colored shield fo elemenal: so the golem of light is a statue of gold and is shield is of yellow light, the golem metal has ha shield of lightning, the golem of ice a frozen shield, the golem of earth a dust shield, the golem of air a fog \ cloud shield. is very wonderful to see. :)

Wow, that actually is pretty darn impressive. That's more modding ability than I've ever been able to muster.

Asgarath83 likes this