Gold Pack Discussion

therfiles

Cool :)

Okay, what's about something like that? If there are some mistakes, please correct me, at some points I wasn't totaly sure how to discribe or write something. Of course, that's just an idea.

Mission: Shelsha Space Station

Kyle: Jaden, we could get some intact

sotmtrooper armours in a mission, as well as a few security codes, by capturing an imperial

freighter. The codes give us entrance to an imperial space station in the Shelsha sector, where at last supposed activies of the Sith cult became registered by the secret service. Get with the help of a stormtrooper armour and the codes into the space station, get access to the main computer and load every information you can. If the Empire really works together with this Sith cult, we could be able to get some clarity in this. I know, this mission sounds tough, but I also know that you will make it. May the force be with you.

-------------------------------

Video: Jaden flies in a freighter to the imperial space station in the Shelsha sector, he comes nearby. Voice over intercom: "Unidentificated freighter, send us your ID and your concerns." Jaden (in stormtrooper armour, but with out helmet): "Shelsha station, here's the Flying Sprinter. I got technical equipment and supply for the base onboard, I send you my authorization." Short silence. "Flying Sprinter, take approach in hangar B, a packing team will be waiting for you." Jaden: "Understood, Shelsha station."

The freighter flies into the space station and lands in the hangar. Stormtrooper and other stuff go around. Jaden puts on the helmet, whispers "Hope, that's no trap" and goes offboard. The packing team looks interrogative at him. Jaden: "Personal security for the freighter pilot. The damn Republic tries to capture our ships in the last time more than ever. The cargo is in the storeroom." He nodds into the ship. The team disappears in the freighter. Jacen looks around him, nobody takes notice of him and he goes off.

-------------------------------

And the starts the fun. There are some directions you can go to, and of course, at the beginning, you fight with no one, or at least, not if you're not alone with a person (for example a tech officer or something in a small room where you can get a code card.) But at some point, a cultist or a reborn runs over the floor and recgonizes you in the force. Immediatley he commands the stormtroopers to kill you. I'm not sure if this would come better before, or after you can get the information out of the computer.

Best Regards,

Rage

SOVIET CORSAIR and Bek like this

An interesting twist  could be to have the player walk through the level (not actual walking, running is fine) from the hanger to the goal. Then stuff goes down and the player has to get out. The player will think they need to follow the same path to get out, but then make blast doors close and other obstacles appear to make them take a longer roundabout path. Give them glimpses of the original path to let them know they are so close, but just out of reach.

SOVIET CORSAIR and Circa like this

Yea, that sounds good! :) It could be in the style of the architecture of the Death Star, but I was thinkig about using the Cairn or Doomgiver textures, or something like that, because I really liked the imperial maps from Jedi Outcast. Maybe I can achieve to bring a little bit of that feeling into the map ;) But I must say that mainly I only can do the mapping part, I don't think I'm skilled enough to script the level.

Yea, that sounds good! :) It could be in the style of the architecture of the Death Start, but I was thinkig about using the Cairn or Doomgiver textures, or something like that, because I really liked the imperial maps from Jedi Outcast. Maybe I can achieve to bring a little bit of that feeling into the map ;) But I must say that mainly I only can do the mapping part, I don't think I'm skilled enough to script the level.

Well then good thing we have the master of scripting, @@therfiles, on our team. :D

therfiles likes this

The zombie idea would be good in sp as a ladder style map too. Waves of melee, sabers, gunners, droids, monsters, and the dreaded Cultist Destroyer! Now that's a zombie I fear!

So Tavion tried to imbue her Reborn's with the Scepter of Marka Ragnos in a remote laboratory. It goes wrong, ripping the life essence out of the subjects. Now, only the dark side remains to stimulate their bodies. They are like Zombies. Jaden must find a way to release the Dark Energy, before the "zombies" can get off planet and ravage the galaxy...

Circa and katanamaru like this

So Tavion tried to imbue her Reborn's with the Scepter of Marka Ragnos in a remote laboratory. It goes wrong, ripping the life essence out of the subjects. Now, only the dark side remains to stimulate their bodies. They are like Zombies. Jaden must find a way to release the Dark Energy, before the "zombies" can get off planet and ravage the galaxy...

Oh F*** YEAH! Sith and Cultist zombies!

Circa, therfiles and Rage like this

I'm testing some stuff. Currently, npcs with my scripts use alternative fire combined with the normal one, and when you hurt them too much, they turn into Bruce Willis and start punching the hell out of you,

I've fiddled with stuff like this. Maybe we can compare notes...  :ph34r:

When I had a friend play JKA, he ended up killing rosh. He told me: "Then I ended up going back to the academy and killing all the jedi".

I thought, woot, that sounds awesome...but no...it turned out to be just going to korriban and stealing the scepter...

I kind of want to rename this project Jedi Academy Expansion Pack instead. :D

I'm okay with that. I never really got the 'gold' part of the name.

Can anybody make a fork of the sp code for this from OJK? There are some things I'd like to look at without worrying if I was in the mp or sp parts of the code.

I was thinking of joining as a mapper perhaps. I'm an amateur at GTKRadiant (although I'm learning UDK, and dayum It's lookin' good) but I hope you don't mind. It's always an extra hand, aye?

Welcome aboard! Perhaps you and @@Rage can compare notes and help each other out? Just a thought.

I can help with the Radiant mapping (as long as i have time). I have a couple of unfinished projects,including an underwater base.

P.S. I'm training my evil legions to use blaster whips together with kicks (their weapons become temporarily saber-like).

Here comes the ultimate Unlimited Powah

Onysfx and Circa like this