Gold Pack Discussion

therfiles

If you replace Mind Trick with Force Blinding, that kinda unbalances things since you have then 5 dark side powers and 3 light side ones.

Mind Trick is cool, but useless. It was still pretty useless even in JK2, but it had some uses (in the original design documents, the designers wanted to make it so that you could sneak through 90% of Cairn totally undetected, of course this really didn't come to fruition, but I think it'd be nice to put it back in there). There's absolutely no point to putting anything into Mind Trick though now as it is, because it is incredibly weak and the maps weren't really designed for it.

It would make a lot more sense if it required any sort of skill/strategy to get through the maps anyway, other than "KILL ROOM FULL OF X ENEMY, KILL ROOM FULL OF Y ENEMY" ad nauseum.

SOVIET CORSAIR likes this

Since we're talking sp count me in.

Since we're also talking soon-ish new saber styles probably won't happen. I'll contribute other game related animations though.

There is an 'enhanced Rosh' I believe that replaces his model with a retexture of Padawan Anakin. It was pretty cool.

Honestly if you would be on board for making a few replacement animations, that would be awesome. Many of the default ones I hate and replaced myself.

What if we implemented @@DT85's new skeleton?

I got excited until I read "Padawan Anakin" :P

Shameless self-advertisement:

I love your reskin. We should implement that. Especially if we change Rosh's personality.
katanamaru likes this

I'm still in Dragon. I'm having a tough time with XSI since I can't watch tutorials at home. So we'll have to keep it kind of simple.

Throw some out. I'm going to vote with my blue and yellow saber stance though. I'll try and get some pics up.

I also love, love, love my JK inspired run! I never like the fact that the fighting styles are mostly two-handed, but the character would run with the saber in one hand.

Runs are easy. I made a template with the base run and can easily edit the arms into anything you want.

If you want the runs from the Clone Wars mod by Hirman I can pull them out. I can recreate them using my template too.

I actually never released my custom personal animations. I recently updated it to v12. It seems to always be a wip. I may do that here.

Circa likes this

Runs are easy. I made a template with the base run and can easily edit the arms into anything you want.

If you want the runs from the Clone Wars mod by Hirman I can pull them out. I can recreate them using my template too.

I actually never released my custom personal animations. I recently updated it to v12. It seems to always be a wip. I may do that here.

You should do something like that. You should make a WIP thread and post some of your stuff, I would love to see them!

Maybe not the Clone Wars ones but maybe something similar. The default runs are just too boring.

You should replace the base standing anim with the one from JK2 also, because it was a lot cooler (confirmed by me)

I agree with that but the thing about that was it changes the stand for everyone, so it looked goofy. Seeing Reelo in that stance was just weird. If we could make something similar that would look good on all NPCs, that would be awesome.

I agree with Eezst here. I liked the JO stance a lot more. It is something I planned to do. If we get a small team we can see what people think. Maybe I can make a poll and let the community vote.

That sounds like a good idea since this is a community project.

The single yellow is very similar to that one. Just some minor tweaks. Same for the single run.

I don't use the staff stance or run. I use a staff stance and run that is similar to the one in the JK mod Saber Battle X.

I have a run with the saber held back and out from the character like from Battlefront II.

SOVIET CORSAIR likes this

I agree with Eezst here. I liked the JO stance a lot more. It is something I planned to do. If we get a small team we can see what people think. Maybe I can make a poll and let the community vote.

That sounds like a good idea since this is a community project.

The single yellow is very similar to that one. Just some minor tweaks. Same for the single run.

I don't use the staff stance or run. I use a staff stance and run that is similar to the one in the JK mod Saber Battle X.

I have a run with the saber held back and out from the character like from Battlefront II.

I like that a lot!

The Clone Wars mod runs are actually the same as the battlefront 2 ones. I think the staff run from that is perfect for a staff saber.

I agree with that but the thing about that was it changes the stand for everyone, so it looked goofy. Seeing Reelo in that stance was just weird. If we could make something similar that would look good on all NPCs, that would be awesome.

Reelo still looked pretty cool in that stance, I think. And either way, Reelo doesn't appear in JA SP, so maybe not an issue.

Reelo still looked pretty cool in that stance, I think. And either way, Reelo doesn't appear in JA SP, so maybe not an issue.

It was just an example. It's a unique stance and not everyone would really have that every time they are standing. I'm glad they changed it in JA but they definitely made it look bad.

I say make a combination of the JK2 one and a normal standing stance (not the JA one).

It was just an example. It's a unique stance and not everyone would really have that every time they are standing. I'm glad they changed it in JA but they definitely made it look bad.

I say make a combination of the JK2 one and a normal standing stance (not the JA one).

I'm not happy they changed it. The JK2 one is perfectly fine in my opinion (and it looks pretty slick actually, because you look like a badass). 

The JA one is stiff and awkward.

I'm not happy they changed it. The JK2 one is perfectly fine in my opinion (and it looks pretty slick actually, because you look like a badass). 

The JA one is stiff and awkward.

I agree, I'm just saying it looks weird for all of the models to have it.

I'm pretty sure all the cutscenes in JA use BOTH_STAND1 so it would look pretty weird to see all the students in the temple standing like that. It's a unique stance, so it would look goofy for them all to have it. I think a hybrid of the two would be cool.

Just my 2 cents. 

If you're looking for an idea on a replacement Force power, why not go back to Force Blinding from JK1? If you create an animation similar to what would happen if you were basically hit with a flashbang, you're mostly done!

On the subject of Rosh, I agree with Therfiles. Rather than erase him completely and unlock him later, why not just replace his voice as is already planned for Jaden? With a new model and voice-over, he could be far less annoying. If anything, I'd say he needed to be featured more. I did once replace Chewbacca with Rosh, using some of his dialogue to explain him sneaking along during the intro cutscene. The only problem was the final cutscene of that mission where Chewie "strangles" Jaden. The animation looked... weird. It was pretty good to have Rosh following me slicing up people (he got an upgraded NPC and most of his taunts were replaced with silent mp3s). If we can change Rosh's attitude and make him more into an actual friend of Jaden's, I think we'd have a more interesting story. Though, here's a thought:

We have no female Jedi other than (potentially) Jaden. Why not make Rosh female? Then, we replace Alora with a male character?

I wonder if the Byss or Taspir 3 maps could be recycled into an extra mission or two? Show Rosh's arrival at Byss, attempting to break the tractor beam and getting captured by the end. Then play one of the Taspir levels backwards, perhaps? The objective being to send out the message Kyle receives.

Other things for my own wishlist would be:

Remove those Reborn accompanying Rosh, or at least replace their models and dialogue into something less cringe-worthy.

Overhaul Tavion's appearance.

Fix NPC's aim.

EDIT: I'm not familiar with editing scripts or anything. But if we could get a Jan Ors cameo in there, it would be incredibly awesome. Perhaps replacing the anonymous Jedi Rosh whines to during t1_inter cutscene? Or, have her flying the Raven's Claw during T2_Rancor and T1_Rail (With the latter implying that you're "watching" both of them, before Kyle sets you down.) That, or just have Jan overwrite Kyle completely for that mission, and have Kyle mention Jan'll take you. Lastly, she could replace Wedge, but I don't really mind him. Depends on other people's thoughts. Can his X-Wing be replaced with the Raven's Claw?

Since we're talking sp count me in.

Since we're also talking soon-ish new saber styles probably won't happen. I'll contribute other game related animations though.

There is an 'enhanced Rosh' I believe that replaces his model with a retexture of Padawan Anakin. It was pretty cool.

Loving these suggestions!

I'll see about making a stance that is a compromise between the two stances.

Here is my BFII run. It works with staff or singles.

shot0101.jpg

JK style walk

shot0083.jpg

JK stance

shot0086.jpg

My yellow for shiicho and niman

shot0239.jpg

djem so

shot0246.jpg

soresu

shot0258.jpg

misc