http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-bits-star-wars-1313-game-would-have-starred-boba-fett-plus-ilm-layoffs-and-clone-wars/

Well, my First viewing of Star Wars that I remember was in 1995.My uncle who was the same Age as I was when he saw the original took me to the cinema to see the re-released Episode IV.

I remember Seeing the strange bounty hunter Boba Fett for the first time and, commenting on his armor, My uncle told me about his character, explaining that he was a ex-Mandalorian super commando and the best bounty hunter in the Star Wars universe. At the time as a youngling of 8, The concept was pretty awesome and I likened him to the Marvel's Punisher .

Later, after being blown away by A New Hope I watched the original ESB and ROTJ that night.

My favourite character was definately Fett and I dislike his death quite a bit. When JKA was released Half the pull for me was that you could play as the Bounter Hunter with His Jetpack Included.

I also had played Bounty Hunter 2 and yearned for a sequel, Thus, my modding Journey into JKA begun for that reason and I  think now with some help I can get a game I really want to see made. 1313. I really had the gut feeling that the intension was to have Fett as the main character and I was anticipating It very much so.I have read EVERY comic and book on his character(Mandalorian armor trilogy is the best depiction ad story arc in my opinion).

So those modders who Like Star Wars Old Trilogy, Boba Fett in a dark hell hole gathering bounties 1313 with source code for SP, why not make a jka version. What else do we have the source code for? I can write arc and would love open input from anyone on this, I have been changing animations to make a 1313 style cover system anyway and I think we could use the engine now to do a demo and eventually when source is better felshed in this community a full release.

Features;

http://www.bobafettmp.com/bobafett/bweapon/bweapon-old.html

Animated fully immersive to every thing in this link above. Enemies like blacksun other mercenaries rebels and spec ops empire as well as other alien clans and thugs.Full Missions to assassinate individuals, eliminate small armies of tactical units kidnap bounties and deliver them, threaten people who owe loans to gangsters and bribe spies bartender and stormtrooper police . Full conceptualized realized coruscant.9 Levels

epic cover system with smooth believable animation and gameplay. when you do something  your character does it, even  the menu system will be a Helmet feature, better Ai and physics and map features like unlockable doors. a style of thirdperson that is as immersive as crysis   seamless and with every idea I can think of for realism, including cover systems perfectly balanced with  jetpack movements to the next cover zone and vast amount of different foes with complimentary roles to each other you need certain weapons to kill or need to sneak around, as well as bounties and a interrogate/bribe, conversation system.

I am willing to go as far as people are to keep this idea developing. I really want to replace as much of the game as I can, but that requires a lot of new content. What I need is people with the experience to make This content and I don't mind helping as much as I can and devoting the hours, but All I have Is a many ideas and modding experience to the extent most people stagnate at without a clear goal and a team of equally devoted gamers.

Team I need to create assets.

1-3 coders(advanced)

someone efficient at making menus (advanced)

someone efficient at making efx and graphics.

2 Modellers (advanced)

Mappers.

experienced testers.

etc.

Aim; Almost no original assets from game.to be one of the first true full TC games.

no. of versions planned

1 hub beta  &1 release, appropriate patches....and time frame,

1 year.

For a non-competitive development, full graphical enhancement and physics and to push every boundary previously limiting JKA. to use and develop a kotor editor style modding kit for everyone to make mods more easily and to showcase a version of what a 1313 may of been like.

Later, after being blown away by A New Hope I watched the original ESB and ROTJ that night.

My favourite character was definately Fett and I dislike his death quite a bit. When JKA was released Half the pull for me was that you could play as the Bounter Hunter with His Jetpack Included.

He didn't die!

Anyway, your project sounds really cool and really big. I think it sounds really awesome, but the main thing to me is the mapping part of it. That just seems like such a massive job. But, it sounds like a cool concept. Maybe when the coders sort out the source code, this can become a reality. Maybe there are some skins, fx, and menus that can be done in the meantime?

ChalklYne and Mandalorian like this

Yes well I plan to continue modding for personal use in the meantime and I'd really like to find people to help me with menu's. I know Dengar recovered Fett from the Sarlacc and he is not dead in expanded universe but at the time seeing the film it seemed he was killed :)

therfiles likes this

only issue i see there is with the kotf menu it had transitions... and i havent messed with those yet. theyre pretty self explanitory like the rest of the menu stuff... but i just havent dabbled with it yet... but everything else is no worries thats maybe a day of working on it. what kind of platform? id say... instead of the traditional way u see right there, which just calls for a model and an anim for it and u can just place it on the screen wherever u choose... what i would do since u want a platform is maybe build the platform in xsi and rig bobs's cloth and make a .roq file from the renders of boba standing on the platform with his cloth swaying in the wind, maybe have him look left n right every once in a while... that way yer not screwing with blending the backround in with a model and making it look all planted there... instead, you would have a .roq file with all the detail and physics and beauty in the world lol and it would just be madd easier. u could throw boba on a platform and make a lil video of him just standing there idle with some cloth stuff n random movement every now and again... then u would also be able to "animate" that coruscant backround yer talking about. make it all dope n legit. u mess with xsi? or 3dsmax or something? its honestly like a days work to rip that boba model from the game, rig a few things, slap the backround on build a lil platform and render it.  

Mandalorian likes this

I'm not nearly quite there but I get your idea exactly. I am going to try out softimage and I might make a roq. I want to make a tweaked fett model anyway. For now a background of coruscant and a few sprites of ships flying past? in the foreground slave1 with the new game menu hovered over the ship ramp entrance saying "Enter Slave1"

in front of that  boba model  with running stand9_idle. I don't need a new model atm for my skin replaces it.It needs to have shaders enabled.

a exit "coruscant" on the cockpit to leave game/mission.

if possible him holding the ee3 blaster? I can get the pictures of slave1 to match the engine and model as well as the screenshots of coruscant. and I understand alpha channels. You'll likely have to adjust the image sizes in Gimp.I'll use ingame Screenshots of coruscant and slave1 and get them to you if you like just PM me if your able /willing to help in anyway.

I have edited most the weapons and animations effects npcs scales and camera/movement ingame at this point and it looks pretty neat.

I would like to get more help because It is in It's infancy and just at a concept stage. I plan to update it as more knowledge that is shared is learnt with source code. As well as new models and maps.

You're gonna make a .roq video using a game quality model? Why not just find high resolution models and render a video, though you'd have to get permisson from all those who contributed but it would look a lot better.

Also, in case you didn't know if you use Mod Tool the render engine is limited, might want to see if you can get a limited license like how I have a student one and use the full version.

Mandalorian likes this

yeah i was just tryina give him the simplest way n let him go from there... and ill render em with xsi if u do the work dude. u can use modtool and then gimme the file n i can import it in my xsi2012 n render it with mental ray it would be sick man its worth the effort. i was doing something like this... but like mini said, since i was making a roq i decided to go all out bump maps n high detail and it just took foreverrrr so i backburnered it. but, it would be nice to use an all original model and slash around in zbrush with it and give it nice scratches n bumps n texture then export that normal map, use the normal map for the rendering, as well as ingame once they start hacking this code up and possibly implementing something like normals. that way as sick as the model looks in the roq, itll look the same way ingame.. minus mental ray (which is a big minus lol) but it would still look more authentic and well organized.

speaking of mental ray... i should do those tutorials huh? i know the basics, rendering with AO and bumps and lighting n shadows, but theres nice things like raycast n photons n things i have no idea of how to utilize

Mandalorian likes this
  • 8 months later...

Can I help with the story Mandalorian? I've always been a big fan of Boba Fett ( I have Blood ties sitting on my desk right now) and I have recently come up with a storyline that involves fett could we combine the two. Could I pitch it to you?

I was so late to the party... I saw the 1313 trailer only a month or two ago and my jaw dropped. The setting, the concept, it all just... I was in love. Then about twenty eight seconds later I found out Disney had canceled it and I was crushed...

I'd been praying someone would mod something from that at some point. The monocular droids make me drool, the sort of correlian light transport is something I'd kill to have as an in-game resource.

Shifting the focus to this Boba Fett centric mod, black sun as enemies? We haven't seen enough of those at all, even as a stand alone asset to whet people's appetites for the full mod that would be glorious.

Bek likes this