Boba Fett : Bounty Hunter 2

I have only seen concept art and a few trailers with game devs.

The idea is the whole game takes place on coruscant and you hunt bounties right?

Ideally a one tough barve to take in alive.. 

I'd prefer to have many varied aliens/ villanous sorts with neutral coruscant security. rival bounty hunters and mercs hired for the bounty's protection. 

The trailers i have seen, i tried to make a blend of concepts, i deem the game trailer models from 1313 as place holders and I simply put the main protaganist seen as boba and his friend as dengar.

I am trying to keep the universe in mind aswell as timeline.

when was 1313 set?

I plan to have my timeline after Boba  escapes the sarlaac,

coruscant was the capital of the empire and with It's main authority gone there would be great turbulence in the blacksun and other criminal orginisations as happens when a goverment is overthrown by ewoks.

1313 was planned to be set from 10 BBY—5 BBY. And a fun fact: In Boba Fett: Maze of Deception, which was written in 2003 and took place in 22 BBY, Boba Fett used the alias CT-1313 when confronted by a clone trooper. Coincidence?

Although Tempest Force and a large portion of the Imperial Navy was defeated at Endor in 4 ABY with both the Emperor and Military Executor killed and two of the largest and most expensive projects ever undertaken by the Empire destroyed, the Empire remained as the most prominent government in the galaxy, as they still controlled Coruscant. Coruscant was not liberated until 7 ABY during the Seizure of Coruscant, and at that point the New Republic took over. There really wasn't a time where criminals controlled Coruscant during Boba Fett's lifetime.

I do like the idea of fighting various alien smugglers, mercenaries, and other bounty hunters working for your bounties.

So bad they cancelled 1313. It was the first appealing Star Wars title since the Jedi Knight saga. While playing Mass Effect and Uncharted I thought about it several times "What's taking Lucasarts so long to make a game with this gameplay???".

Mandalorian and Circa like this

It will look less green depending on where you are standing.Those are the extremes of brightness on the armor. What i need to figure out is how to get the shader folder to work properly.

models/players/bobafett/bobafett_1

{
q3map_onlyvertexlighting
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/bobafett/bobafett_1
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
    }

{
        map models/players/mbmandy/envmap1
        blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR
        tcGen environment
        blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE
        detail
        alphaGen lightingSpecular
    }

{

models/players/bobafett/bobafett_2

{
q3map_onlyvertexlighting
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/bobafett/bobafett_2
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
    }

{

tcGen environment
        detail
    }

{

{

only one line is working properly, but it is definately an improvement ingame. I'll release it to Corto if he wants to review it.

I don't actually think Boba Fett's armor should be shiny at all. It's not like he polishes it every day. In the movies, it's really just scratched paint, and no special glazes or whatever. However, I do think you're starting to get the colors more accurate (brightness, hue, etc).

I definately plan to adjust the envmap to only show in certain areas, i am sure I can oce I figure out why the shader isnt affecting the whole model as i want.

Any help would be nice on what I am doing wrong:

models/players/bobafett/bobafett_1

{
q3map_onlyvertexlighting
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/bobafett/bobafett_1
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
    }

{
        blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR
        tcGen environment
        detail
    }

{

models/players/bobafett/bobafett_2

{
q3map_onlyvertexlighting
cull twosided
    {
        map models/players/bobafett/bobafett_2
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
    }

{

tcGen environment
        detail
    }

{

This would be a great help as i can adjust the skin a lot better to be matching and then I can adjuist the alpha channels to show only the scratched metal and glass on the model.

You may have to use a spec map rather than the env map, that way you can just copy your original texture and adjust the areas only where you want there to be shine by making them brighter with higher contrast. Environment maps would only affect a certain area if you modeled it off on it's own, they always cover an entire object, if you find the image the env map shader uses you may be able to overlay it with your texture and make an alpha channel on areas you don't want it so that it doesn't affect it but not sure if it'll work.

You may have to use a spec map rather than the env map, that way you can just copy your original texture and adjust the areas only where you want there to be shine by making them brighter with higher contrast. Environment maps would only affect a certain area if you modeled it off on it's own, they always cover an entire object, if you find the image the env map shader uses you may be able to overlay it with your texture and make an alpha channel on areas you don't want it so that it doesn't affect it but not sure if it'll work.

You can make partial env maps with some fancy shaders, but it takes multiple images & so the package will be larger. Not a huge deal, but I'm terrible at troubleshooting shaders without the actual mod package to test with.

I haven't really followed this thread, saw some early pics and thought it was kind of interesting. These recent pics are spectacular though, I was pleasantly surprised. Great work man!

EDIT: I think the green needs to be slightly less faded, but as you said it changes in different lighting so as long as that's as bright as it gets I'd be happy. Also tone down the shader, his armor shouldn't be THAT shiny, just a bit shiny. Look at some clips from the movie if you can for reference.

^Armor has ZERO shine in the movies. Very dirty and matte, lesson is that just becuase you can make a shader for something doesn't mean you should.

Inyri's suggestion a few posts up was the best solution by far, only a small shine in spots where the paint has chipped and bare metal is showing.

I should say the parts of the armor that Inyri spoke about is what I was referring to. They shouldn't be as shiny as the current shader.

I'll try this out. it's a difficult model to resin as it has three layers, ambient spec and normal.I am trying to override it to just use one but I am not familiar with the functions of shaders enough, I'll try your method tho I think  what is happening is that i can't override the skin to just use one layer.

Your signature scares me.

Edited by Mandalorian