Boba Fett : Bounty Hunter 2

UPDATE:

I have been working out blender recently, just tweaking corto's model for now, as well as skinning it.

hopefully if I get good enough, I can get permission from him to use it in 1313.

this is made in modview and gimp, its not the best but I hope it conveys coolness.

KKK_zpscc55330f.png

Hey Members of JK HUB. Here's some screens of my Boba Fett.

It's the vanilla model at 110% scale.

re-skinned, with reference work from mb2's Boba Fett and swbf2's Boba.
It has shaders from mb2 temporarily until i make my own.Un less i secure permissions of course ;)
Here are some screens and i hope to get some feedback, If you would like some more screens to judge the work, let me know. Hopefully this topic ends with a thank you list for helping me mod jka successfully.

Thanks and here goes the first part of my dream for a TC that ive had since jka came out. Credits go to the amazing Eezstreet for his graphical mod,which shows my skin nicely with anti aliasing set as high as i dare.

shot0058_zps7f99bd4f.jpgshot0059_zps52abc8a5.jpg

Some more: from modview second image is using alpha blend to give an idea of what parts use the metal shaders and what doesnt, i have tried my best to make the appropriate types of transparency apply to the right spots.

fett_zps337d7b92.png

In my opinion the jetpack detailing on the underneath side is what makes the vanilla model not look so bad despite its horrible out of scalenessness. I wish i could get my paws on Corto's model from back in the day. It is far superior and i feel i would be able to really make a memorable skin for it after what i learnt from doing this one.

fettalpha1_zps76bc1c39.png

showing with alphablend in modview.

I will try to keep all my progress to do with this matter in one place as this may be image heavy, if people want screens of various things I mod.

One of the first members on here i have come across joining this last few days that has been really helpful is Ibonek. an extra thanks to you! he has gone to a lot of extra effort to help me with decent references to boba fett  from the get go and other topics and given me encouragement doing so :)

Barricade24 likes this

Hopefully with help I will be able to make, a game oriented around Boba Fett, I'm surprised that there is no mods out there for a fett tc. His equipment makes for a great number of game features in ever game to be used n a way that makes sense Example : he has a hud in his helmet. I have already modded the game heavily but i cannot map so i am held back greatly.

As far as the mod goes... replacing every force power. is their away to make a whipcord replacing force pull push and choke? (If the answer is no than i will be shocked) I know that i can make my own animations and have them run separately from the rest of the npc's, because if done it before.

Thought Corto released his Boba? Oh well, I've known him for a very long time, when I'm back in town I could ask him if it's alright if I submit it here and if he cares of people reskinning it.

Every link I have looked for is dead including back up links, because they where put on mediafire. I love corto's model and it would be greatly appreciated if you could mention an intrest to do some modding involving his model. while you are being a god to me right now, mind also asking  him to put the flamethrower and jet tags on the model that is found on baseJA's Boba?

It's unlikely he'd take the time to edit the model in Softimage and recompile but he may give me the raw scene file and it would only take a few minutes to add the tags as long as I can get them oriented correctly.

I didn't think that the model needed those tags since any model can use the jetpack.

Mandalorian likes this

Are you going for movie accuracy with Boba? He was a lot more pale of a green.

He does. nice resolution of that image.I may use it as reference.

I know Boba Fett pretty much scratch from scratch and it is down to the ingame lighting vs the shader effects.If i had it to light i might loose the darkened feel i am going for that fits in better with the mod theme I am going for.

I think I may use that picture tho as a reference and try to negative out the lighting from the sun on his helmet and body as, that what the shaders are for.It is tricky to get right but thankgod to modview.  Thankyou for advice and the picture, I'll post my progress as I go along tonight.

I think my first step would be to desaturate the reds and greens a tad and adjust there brightness and contrast, so I will start there.

It's unlikely he'd take the time to edit the model in Softimage and recompile but he may give me the raw scene file and it would only take a few minutes to add the tags as long as I can get them oriented correctly.

I didn't think that the model needed those tags since any model can use the jetpack.

the flamethrower and such would come out the chest and to mod this further it would be extremely useful for me, I would be able to replace force jump with effect that run thru the jetpack tags and make my own gameplay, try to create the illusion you are a far far galaxy away from being a jedi in jka sp.

I think I may use that picture tho as a reference and try to negative out the lighting from the sun on his helmet and body as, that what the shaders are for.

You should be making the textures as though they are fully lit. With the exception of specular highlights, it won't appear any brighter ingame than in modview, but it will often appear quite a bit darker. Compare this:

73363-star-wars-jedi-knight-jedi-academy

with the actual textures for the stormtrooper, and it should give you a good idea of how light your textures need to be.

Mandalorian likes this

Ironically I just took a photo of my skin next to a hapslash stormie.Like for a few screens?Don't know how many pictures are appropriate to show my work on this topic.shot0080_zps393106b1.jpgshot0082_zps434a3da1.jpgshot0089_zpse66e88e4.jpgshot0088_zpsc832add0.jpg

That will do for now.

A little work on the backplate of his helm to make it more detailed and similiar to the mb2 boba and the gauntlets need a bit of desaturation.Other than that I think i am achieving the look I want.shot0102_zps2dd94388.jpg

Thankyou everyone for your feedback so far. I wasn't expecting it. I hope to collaborate with a few people on here to make at least one level.

They just seem like they have too much contrast. It looks cool, but still not accurate. If you need any other movie shots, I have the Blu-Ray 1080p video files of all of the movies on my hard drive, I can get you some decent quality ones.

Mandalorian likes this