The JKHUB Pass me around WIP topic

On style, I don't really know. MUG's portion kind of avoided setting a style standard, so its going to be me who has to figure that out. I'll do more research and post some concept art.

I'll use the photos from the last thread, and please everyone post more pictures that they like!

From that, we'll find out what kind of models we need. @@Milamber is right, I will leave room for modellers. Right now, its going to be a fireplace, sculpture x2, couch, and chair.

Also, @@MUG, I don't know how this will connect in the map later, so I am going to leave the elevator empty by default and design one that can fit in its slot. Whoever connects them can either use that one or an existing one.

I'm using GTKRadient 1.5, do I need to download a definitions file or anything like that, or am I good to go?

aye. The one from the first post. However, despite what people have been saying, it makes 0 difference which one you use. It just gives you slightly more information on all the entities (although for me it has resulted in them all being listed twice on the right-click menu for me.

Question: I got new textures to work in GTKRadient, but they don't appear in game. Map is in gamedata/base/maps, textures are in gamedata/base/textures/jkhub_pma. Anyone know why?

Because for new assets (except maps, when starting from menu) to work in MP you need to pack them in a PK3 or set sv_pure to 0.
TwinHits and MUG like this

Question: I got new textures to work in GTKRadient, but they don't appear in game. Map is in gamedata/base/maps, textures are in gamedata/base/textures/jkhub_pma. Anyone know why?

Make sure that your textures have the correct dimensions.

I.e. 64x64, 128x128, 1024x512 etc.

Alright, request: I need artwork that can go in picture frames! 

I need 10-12 or so, so post links to images. They can be of anything as long as they fit in the cyberpunk/dystopian theme. Your own avatar, clan logo, picture of one of your other maps, your mother, I don't care as long as they look remotely like they would fit in the thehe, 

Below is a picture of what I'm working on so you have an idea of what the room that they are going in looks like:

xEvUNVc.jpg
MUG likes this

Here's my progress thus far:

AXYC7ER.jpg

eZ7VaLB.jpg

6Rtuqoh.jpg

Next I will be doing doodads, which is where most of the cyberpunk feel is going to come from. The dystopian part you can't really see, but all the gold is scratched up, like that carpet. While this is the entrance to the penthouse of the most powerful person in the city, it's still not perfect.

Can anyone point me towards a good .ase tutorial? My subsequent attempts have failed.

DarthStevenus, MUG and CaptainChar like this
"G:\Utilities\GTK Radiant 1.4.0\q3map2\q3map2.exe" -game ja -meta -patchmeta -subdivisions 4 -v -fs_basepath "G:/Games/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/gamedata" %1
"G:\Utilities\GTK Radiant 1.4.0\q3map2\q3map2.exe" -game ja -convert -format ase -fs_basepath "G:/Games/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/gamedata" %1
pause

Copy paste this into notepad, change the paths to suit your installations, save as ASE Compile.BAT (not txt) then simply drag and drop your map files into it to convert to ase.

Important points:

- Lower the subdivisions value if you want smoother curves with more tris. 4 is JKA default.

- Your ase geometry must be detail surrounded in a structural caulk box. You can use patches.

P.S On an unrelated note, I don't see any light fittings.  NEED SOURCES. :D

@Szico VII Light sources are coming! I promise, they are just going to be .ase models. A lot of the Cyberpunk part of the map is going to be .ase models I haven't made yet, but just doodles on my meeting notes.

@@MoonDog I'm really going back and forth on how broken I should make the map. It's something that I've done a lot before. Right now, I'm in the camp of instead of making things broken via brushes, making them disused and worn down by texture and lighting. Creating kinda an eerie feeling somewhere between "No one is here right now" and "No one has ever been here". When lighting is done, the question is going to be whether or not that comes across. I also would love to break up the carpet, but no ideas have come to me yet nor have I gotten anything from my reference photos, but I'm still working on it!

@@MUG @@MagSul http://xkcd.com/37/