The JKHUB Pass me around WIP topic

I'm next! Right now I'm thinking of two ideas:

The first: The extreme opposite of MUG, the penthouse of the most powerful citizen. The oppressor of the simple everyday train riding workman. Art lines the opulent excessive hallways that overlook the entirety of the realm he feels to have conquered. Little does he know that, as powerful as he feels, his power still rests on the shoulders of those whom he looks down on. Thus it is directly above (admitted about 500 floors) the lifeblood of the lower class: the train station.

or

Every train station has an entrance lobby, but in this case it's one of the very few places where lower class and higher class might see each other or even *shiver* come into contact with. I'm thinking of it as kinda a gateway between the two worlds, street level entrances for the lower class and upper elevators for the higher class. Yet, as hard as the architects might have tried, there's one point where you have to walk next to your opposite. Perhaps, even, the only part of the lower class workman's day where he feels less oppressed being next to his "better", seeing that there is in fact nothing that separates them at all.

Let me know of you think and I'll do a concept drawing and then start building when it's my turn.

Also, @@MUG, well done. I'm kinda scared, haha.

I'm next! Right now I'm thinking of two ideas:

The first: The extreme opposite of MUG, the penthouse of the most powerful citizen. The oppressor of the simple everyday train riding workman. Art lines the opulent excessive hallways that overlook the entirety of the realm he feels to have conquered. Little does he know that, as powerful as he feels, his power still rests on the shoulders of those whom he looks down on. Thus it is directly above (admitted about 500 floors) the lifeblood of the lower class: the train station.

or

Every train station has an entrance lobby, but in this case it's one of the very few places where lower class and higher class might see each other or even *shiver* come into contact with. I'm thinking of it as kinda a gateway between the two worlds, street level entrances for the lower class and upper elevators for the higher class. Yet, as hard as the architects might have tried, there's one point where you have to walk next to your opposite. Perhaps, even, the only part of the lower class workman's day where he feels less oppressed being next to his "better", seeing that there is in fact nothing that separates them at all.

Let me know of you think and I'll do a concept drawing and then start building when it's my turn.

Also, @@MUG, well done. I'm kinda scared, haha.

First, thanks xD I'm kinda scaring myself too =P

Your ideas actually tie in pretty well with another of my ideas. See that glass lift in the centre of the platform? My idea was that this lift would travel directly to the upper levels of whatever skyscraper is above it, allowing the upper classes to exit the skyscrapers without having to ever see the slums below them and get straight on a train out of there. The platform and the trains themselves would be the one place where the two classes might meet, 'cause everyone needs to get around right? Although if we go through with the idea of air-trams, I suppose people of an even higher class wouldn't even need to use the underground trains (eg your super rich penthouse guy would be completely disconnected from the people below him, allowing him to ignore them more easily, while the middle classes would encounter them on the train)

You, my good sir, are now officially my hero. I literally fell from the couch laughing, resulting in odd looks from my family members who now think I'm crazy. Seriously though, awesome. Can't wait to roughen the place up!

Edit: couch, not coach. Now that would truly be weird.

MUG likes this

Just hit my first compile error >.>

"Leaf with too many portals"

Fixed it by detailing the entire train. I figure thats okay as the train will be moving anyway right? So it shouldn't be used to break up the vis?

On that note, the train is now done, all it needs are doors and for it to move, but I will leave that for some other lucky mapper later in the chain so that they can connect it to somewhere that isn't built yet.

I'm not yet decided on whether I will add more stuff to the station (like a maintenance tunnel under some currently dead hatches in the floor/emergency exits in the tunnles) or if I will start on a new area.

Here's my floor plan for the bottom level of my part. There's going to be a second much smaller floor, a dystopian ballroom, right above the main room.

aQPngGy.jpg

The tiny room on the right is the elevator that reaches this floor, after that it's a hallway filled with art and two side rooms filled with more art and a small seating area.

At the end of the hallway are two staircases that lead up to the ballroom and underneath the arch of the stairs to the entrance to the penthouse. The penthouse has a living area around a fireplace and a upper level bedroom with a dining room underneath. The outer ring around the penthouse is a balcony looking out over all of the city.

Modelers: Anyone want to make an corner-couch, armchair, or bed? Go ahead!

Mappers: Let me know if you want help with preproduction, I would love to draw for you!

exonimus likes this

You may want to consider instead of having that square lift, making it connect to the round one in my station which currently goes nowhere. Or where you planning to connect that elsewhere? Although of course someone else can always connect that up, but the chances are we will have several stations with such lifts.

Having seen @@TwinHits ' designs, I figured I would post my incredibly accurate and detailed ones I did on hotel note paper:

2D9rtXy.jpg

zxG9fcy.jpg

Note how, a) it turned out nothing like that and [plain] B)[/plain] (@@Caelum - fuck your forum. fuck it to death.) my handwriting is the worst you have ever seen.

Just hit my first compile error >.>

"Leaf with too many portals"

Fixed it by detailing the entire train. I figure thats okay as the train will be moving anyway right? So it shouldn't be used to break up the vis?

The train is most definitely detail. If you can't judge it, leave vis compiling out for now and let somebody who knows what he's doing handle it.

Looking good!

The train is most definitely detail. If you can't judge it, leave vis compiling out for now and let somebody who knows what he's doing handle it.

Vis is not my speciality xD However I need it to actually compile so I can test it properly =P

Glad everyone is liking it so far.

When it comes to models you guys want for specific areas, I think it'd be smart to make the areas in the style you want first. So that the modelers can make something that fits into where the model is supposed to be placed, for example the chair/bed request atm, I'd have no idea how to make one that would fit into it atm, would you have to make the room fit the model I'd make? or other way around? :P

I get that it's a fancy house with ballrooms etc in the general theme, but would still benefit the modelers greatly to have something concrete to base their design on. That's my opinion at least, other modelers are free to get crackin' without such reference.

Could you reupload those notes with in a less big and blurred way? I honestly can't read them :P

That won't help, you still wont be able to read my writing. I was only really uploading it for humorous purposes anyway xD