The JKHUB pass me around?

Fuck you all.

Wait, what is this thread about?

Inyri this is your intervention, we want you to know that we love you and that you have to stop this verbal destruction spree. All your friends are here to tell you how you hurt them with your words:

semicircle_of_chairs_in_meeting_room_42-

Oh, right...nvm. Guess they wouldn't stick around huh :/

again, don't hurt me. xD

exonimus likes this
Ouch, what a burn! But could everyone (including the the trollmods, no less) stop raping the topic? kthx. :P

edit: just for clarity: anyone AGAINST a dystopian/cyberpunk-ish, theme?

I think a dystopian/cyberpunk theme sounds pretty interesting after seeing the images of what that type of theme would look like that people have been posting.

As I'm no mapper and won't be able to help you guys, I wish you all good luck! I'm sure it will turn out well.  :)

exonimus likes this

Just tagging the two people who haven't replied to my question yet so I know they've all read this. @@Pande @@Delta_135. If they have no objection, we have to lay down some rules, make a schedule, and then this shit's about to go DOWN!

If everyone could give me a time frame on when they'd be available and willing to hold/contribute to the map for a week, preferably somewhere in february and/or march, and april as well, to be sure and to make planning easier. I'd also be grateful if you'd let us know your email (either here or by pm) and the speediest/most efficient method of contacting you. In addition, I'd love to know if you feel like going first (or somewhere at the beginning) somewhere in the middle, or would prefer to be placed somewhere in the end. This of course depends on how creative you think you are, whether you're better at detailing/fixing stuff/scripting etc, or prefer the actual brushwork and designing phase, especially in its early stages. Finally, I'd like to know if you would be willing to have the map for a second (non-consecutive) week, should this make planning easier and should the need arise.

@@Szico VII, @@Pande, @@mrwonko @@MoonDog @@MUG @@TwinHits @@Delta_135 @@Silverfang @@minilogoguy18 (?? you didn't state you'd be willing to help, but one can always try, no? :P) and @@Milamber, when would you have the most time to deliver personal criticism?

And at the mods, is there any way we could get you to sticky an eventual WIP (not this) thread, once this starts? This is not because we're cool, but because this would make the process much easier where organizing, commenting and the implementation of eventual ideas are concerned, so people don't have to dig the forums for the thread the whole damn time :P.

Personally, I suspect I will be most helpful on rough area brushwork, to get the basis of a room or two down rather than focusing on details, but I could potentially also add a few details here and there too. As for when, i think basically any time after the first week of February will work for me.

Also:

And at the mods, is there any way we could get you to sticky an eventual WIP (not this) thread, once this starts? This is not because we're cool, but because this would make the process much easier where organizing, commenting and the implementation of eventual ideas are concerned, so people don't have to dig the forums for the thread the whole damn time :P.

Everyone involved can just follow the thread. You get an alert whenever there is a post in it.

I have absolutely nothing to do from February 17th to (and including) April 9th due to lack of lectures. (Well, that's technically not quite true, I want to finish that other JKA mod, but you get the idea.)

I'm not very good at making visually nice stuff, so I'll leave that to the others, but I can improve the VIS and do some entity and icarus magic and the like, which would be done towards the end.

This map is going to be so incredibly obscure by the time that it's finished. Good luck!  :P

That's why we need to keep it somewhat small, I suppose. But duly noted. Mug prefers somewhere at the start, Szico middle, and wonko end. I think I'd also prefer early middle or something.

Mag, is that a yes? :P

That's why we need to keep it somewhat small, I suppose. But duly noted. Mug prefers somewhere at the start, Szico middle, and wonko end. I think I'd also prefer early middle or something.

Mag, is that a yes? :P

I did strongly consider asking to get involved, but I think that I'll politely pass this time. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this, though!

Me too. Is there no way we can bribe you? For example, with that delicious thing that's cooking downstairs and that you posted about in your status update?

Turned out to be bacon.

I'd have to catch up on the details of how this is all going to work, but I'm not beyond having my arm twisted. Just, uh... take a look and what I have actually mapped before risking my inclusion. :P

Turned out to be bacon.

I'd have to catch up on the details of how this is all going to work, but I'm not beyond having my arm twisted. Just, uh... take a look and what I have actually mapped before risking my inclusion. :P

*twists arm*

I can confirm this man's work is good =P

Mmmmm, bacon!

Already did that! Perhaps you could go somewhere at the start so you don't have to worry  that much about technical detail and just happily create away. The technical details are actually quite simple; everyone gets to hold the map once (or twice, depending on status, time, w/e) for seven consecutive days. In this period, you have time to add and/or change anything you want, creating what you deem to be an interesting take on/addition to the theme. We keep a log file with ideas, notes and problems, so others know where the map is going, know what you originally planned to do, and can see any suggestions or awesome ideas you might've had (as you'll never  get to finish everything by yourself) and can thus continue on your work. The only two rules are: keep the general theme in mind, and try to leave as much of others' work standing as possible. You can certainly modify and improve upon it, and in cases also remove it (most often after discussion on forums with other authors, but this'll guide itself really), but it's not that someone goes "yeah, everything this Szico dude before me did SUCKED, I'ma delete all his work and start over" (hypothetically of course, I'm a major fan :P). In addition, as I've stated before, it's a good idea to keep the map relatively small, as time is quite limited and we want detail.