Decades of play time has been spent between thousands of players on these maps,  if you could count and combine the hours spent together making Star Wars happen in these spaces.

Seeing the spaces as they were originally made opened up and expanded on is just a delight to see and tickles the neurons. Carry on your beautiful work Angel!

20 hours ago, dontapi said:

Sick! When will it be released?

Sooner than you'd expect... 

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I6SE7TL.jpeg 4tUFno7.jpeg eZeoKoR.jpeg

nkITuhq.jpeg

y0c04JA.jpeg

mryB47Z.jpeg A few textures still need their normal's created such as the smaller obelisk's base.zlMe7Dk.jpeg 

SZ9SsfP.jpeg

XAbFLRx.jpeg GWqD0lg.jpeg QH0vTqP.jpeg

19 minutes ago, dontapi said:

Damn, can't wait to include this as a base map for my server, good job man!

Which server do you run my friend? ^_^ I am looking for alpha testers... <:D 

The open feel this map has is incredible, you can explore and find all sorts of ways to different spots you normally can't in maps. 

8m38Mk2.jpeg 7pY0rLY.jpeg 

scp_chaos1 and GamerRedNeck like this

Well, I'm from the old jediacademy days, just got back into it. I noticed servers lacked the rules and discipline those JA servers had back in the day so decided to start my own, I've been using Academy v3 map as base with a few others that I like, a similar vibe. I'm still setting everything up, JA++ etc
But the website is ready, and the server tracker etc

Will share more... and yes would love to be included in the beta testing

AngelModder likes this

Let me pose a question to you all. The V2/3 are well known and loved and while I have my own ideas about what would've made them better I'd like to hear yours.. I'll list below the changes to the concept I've made. Again it should be stated this is not a critique of Virtues work rather a look forward @ what we expect from V4. 

1 - Rend 2 Compatible as well as at least a vanilla variant.

2 - Larger. I wanted and have expanded on the original by 8X the scale of what version 3 was. While not upscaling familiar elements. I took the concept that all of what we saw was either on top of the building or some of the interior of a larger Mayan-like structure. I chose one of the Mayan square pyramids for inspiration of the structure. However, I wanted it to go further with large walls around the structure that contained a massive paradise-like garden filled with ancient secrets. 

3 - Secrets. Something I felt the Academy series always lacked was any secrets. In this map every room, hallway etc have at least 1 secret and one interactable. 

4 - A story, but less a specific clan-orientated one. While somehow still honoring those the community chose to. This area still is yet to be built, I bet it'll be the last room I build. However, I have considered a set of memorials for some of the most influential modders of all time. The ones who really changed JA

5 - Last but certainly not least. Training areas up to snuff for even the stingiest base players.. This includes but is not limited to a mountain.

GamerRedNeck likes this
7 hours ago, AngelModder said:

Let me pose a question to you all. The V2/3 are well known and loved and while I have my own ideas about what would've made them better I'd like to hear yours.. I'll list below the changes to the concept I've made. Again it should be stated this is not a critique of Virtues work rather a look forward @ what we expect from V4. 

2 - Larger. I wanted and have expanded on the original by 8X the scale of what version 3 was. While not upscaling familiar elements. I took the concept that all of what we saw was either on top of the building or some of the interior of a larger Mayan-like structure. I chose one of the Mayan square pyramids for inspiration of the structure. However, I wanted it to go further with large walls around the structure that contained a massive paradise-like garden filled with ancient secrets. 

3 - Secrets. Something I felt the Academy series always lacked was any secrets. In this map every room, hallway etc have at least 1 secret and one interactable. 

4 - A story, but less a specific clan-orientated one. While somehow still honoring those the community chose to. This area still is yet to be built, I bet it'll be the last room I build. However, I have considered a set of memorials for some of the most influential modders of all time. The ones who really changed JA

5 - Last but certainly not least. Training areas up to snuff for even the stingiest base players.. This includes but is not limited to a mountain.

Nothing to add based on this 🙂

Opened up the last layer of it all... This layer is massive. This will give the RP lovers a chance to finally have that feeling in JKA that perhaps you're the first to stand right there and see it from this angle..
sPbAS1a.jpeg
Yes you will be able to interact and use that massive layer, I've turned this if you will into sort of the Jedi Variant of the Valley of Kings. This will be shown and explored more in-depth later. 
hvRyHU7.jpeg

On 4/24/2024 at 12:51 AM, AngelModder said:

2. Maybe consider a version that has focus on FFA MP layout + more friendly FPS which keeps players in mind with a centralized hub and where it's easy to find each other (we tend to lock down areas otherwise).