Blender for JKA 3d modeling

Yes and yes. Most of the users here barely use it for actual modeling though and just bash pieces of models from other people together with a minimum amount of knowdledge about what the frick they are actually doing.

Tutorial wise I only know of this tutorial for custom vehicles

https://jkhub.org/topic/10159-creating-new-vehicles-with-blender/

and this video series covering Frankensteining/Kitbashing but also porting of individual model pieces from Skyrim

https://jkhub.org/topic/10172-blender-jka-frankenstein-modelling/

If you make your custom models and then follow the skyrim tutorial you should be able to get a model ingame.

The users @@Langerd and @@ooeJack should be able to help you with the Blender related problems you may run into.

If you have questions about the technical and more generic aspects of getting a character to work in JKA you can @mention me or send me a pm.

ooeJack likes this

Around here i'd say we use 3Ds Max, Softimage XSI (XSI mod tool) or Blender. The actual modeling could be done in any 3d software...Maya, C4D, Modo, Lightwave etc. The process of getting a model in the game however (rigging) requires Softimage or 3Ds Max or Blender (i think blender can do more than kit bashing).

Around here i'd say we use 3Ds Max, Softimage XSI (XSI mod tool) or Blender. The actual modeling could be done in any 3d software...Maya, C4D, Modo, Lightwave etc. The process of getting a model in the game however (rigging) requires Softimage or 3Ds Max or Blender (i think blender can do more than kit bashing).

yeah, Blender can do a lot more than kitbashing - but few are willing to learn how to do more.

so if that is the case, which 3d modeling program do JKA modders use ?

I'll second Psyk0 on that.

My recommendation would be 3ds max,you can grab a 3 year student license here https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured

Just download a newer version if you still want to use it after your version expired.

3ds max is currently offering the widest range of plugins that support the various file formats you'll encounter when modding JKA. And we have a few members here that are very well versed when it comes to working with 3ds max.

I found 3Dsmax way too complicated when I was younger and decided to install Blender and give it a try. So far it has been quite a nice experience and I've learned a lot about modelling and texturing, thought most people say the UI is atrocious and I'm inclined to agree. Soon there'll be a new version of Blender which will remap a lot of things, so you could try doing what Ashura says and learn the basics of 3Dsmax, he'll also release soon a great plugin that will allow people to map easily with that tool, so you should probably learn how to use that software.

Thank you for all your helpful replies everyone, I'm still right now learning how to use Blender, I really wanted to know if Blender can work with JKA, & according to all of you it will work with JKA

Thank you very much everyone

I'll still continue to learn how to use Blender

Awesome. And remember: Practice makes perfect.