Barricade24's WIPs & Projects

I agree, the texture is a little too faded so that will be fixed up. Right now this protocol isn't mean to be 3PO but that is in the works as well. Didn't notice that the innards, I will darken those.

I will indeed need a shader just not sure what settings would work best yet...

Okay, I've made some great progress with the protocol/C-3PO. However I need some help with some shaders. I have an image called "c-3po_leg2" that has part of C-3PO that is gold and silver. I also have two images called "c-3po_leg2_silver" and "c-3po_leg2_gold". Now I need a way to make it so the gold parts get a golf reflect (default_reflect) and a silver reflect "default_reflect2" how would I go about doing this? Thanks in advance.

You could shrink the gold leg texture down to the size of the gold reflection, make a selection around the gold parts of the leg, and on the reflection, apply alpha to anything that isn't in the selection (invert selection>delete), and then do the same for the silver. So you would have your leg texture with both silver and gold on it, plus a reflection texture which is split into gold and silver. That should work unless the leg textures are something like 512x256 and the reflection is 128x128 (height is greater on leg texture, where reflection has it equal). Of course,don't save your leg textures as when they are resized.

I think there may also be a way to make masks with shaders, where it only gets applied onto the texture above it depending on the alpha levels of it but I'm not sure about that

• 4 weeks later...

A little teaser of what is to come...

15728359606_a982868871_o.jpg

15566641588_d1519e384a_o.jpg

Some notes:

• The pauldron and gear will be sanded to blend in with the armor.
  • There will be several different versions of Sandtrooper.
  • This version of the Sandtrooper is based off a "battle warn" Stormtrooper which will probably be released sooner or later.
  • The Sandtrooper's proper abdominals have been added.
Maksman, Bek, DarthStiv and 2 others like this
  • 1 month later...

No update since November? Wow. Anyway I have been working on other things non related to JKA so that would explain the lack of updates but anyway having seen Chalk return to his work on the TFU mod I had decided to take a second look at my TFU Trooper Pack. I am this time starting with an improved base.

Instead of a pure clean base, I am using a dirtier scratched up version that I used as a base for the Sandtroopers who are on hold for the time being. I took more reference from the TFU Stormtrooper for certain parts of the helmet and fixed up some areas that I thought were rather distracting.

Some of the changes I've made include...

-Brightened the bodysuit and made it clearer more fabric like.

-Lightened up the really tiny lines on the Trooper's abdomen.

-Added a shadow below the trooper's breath thingy.

-Faded and lightened up the blue lines on the Trooper's helmet.

-Brightened up the black line above the visor.

-Probably some other stuff.

I am probably going to fix up a few more things but nothing too major.

16197389961_d931822bb3_o.jpg

15579445793_feb4704146_o.jpg

16199263235_15bd0a17a5_o.jpg

16013177859_4945f26f76_o.jpg

16013177629_94e9c1a68e_o.jpg

16013177879_094eee8aff_o.jpg

DarthStiv, Maksman and Lancelot like this
  • 2 months later...

Been busy with a lot of things lately but I've finally got back around to working on the Blackhole. There are so many different takes on this guy. Some had silverish lenses others seem to have pure black. Some also had some different markings and such on their helmet. I went with my personal take on them using the common elements that a majority of the troopers seem to have.

16749417307_007d486cd3_o.jpg

16336697743_ee284c1bfe_o.jpg

16334413134_eac1dfa46a_o.jpg

16769326940_aeb66cb933_o.jpg

Currently there will be a standard trooper and a commander.

The commander is unique in several ways.

1) He has the sandtrooper abdominal section

2) He has the ammo pouches on his belt as opposed to the standard belt sides.

3) He is silver markings on the sides of his helmet. (The standard trooper has none)

I don't think they'll need a whole lot more work before their finished.

But anyway, there's something.

Lancelot, Langerd, Cerez and 2 others like this

I do enjoy variety so I took the liberty of making a "veteran" Blackhole trooper and commander.

16818387518_3a21c79499_o.jpg

The only last few things I want some feedback on are the shaders. If there are any recommendations as to what I can do to improve them I'd love to hear them.

The main question I have is, is there a better setting that may fight the trooper when he's in bold light so the light doesn't over power the black?

A little tricky to explain but what I am talking about is in the picture above.

Cerez, Bek, JAWSFreelao and 4 others like this
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having just acquired the Imperial Shadow Squadron set, which is an awesome set by the way, I wanted to do something from it but since the Shadow Commander might need some slight model tweaks and I am not to fond of the current Scout model, I decided to do this:

17964883153_c6d6a666c5_o.jpg

Honestly, I think this thing is an absolute beauty and some of my best work. Everything just works so well with it.