Some model requests

This sucker will require a small amount of coding to operate properly methinks. Right now, it chases you and hurts you but doesn't play the bite animation. When playing as the shark though, the bite animation works. And it doesn't seem to want to float even though I gave it CLASS_REMOTE & movetype "flyswim".

Boothand likes this

This sucker will require a small amount of coding to operate properly methinks. Right now, it chases you and hurts you but doesn't play the bite animation. When playing as the shark though, the bite animation works. And it doesn't seem to want to float even though I gave it CLASS_REMOTE & movetype "flyswim".

The fact that you got it in game, that it chases you... I am astounded at your brilliance and amazed at the progress of this mod!

Incredible! What jchapman said!

Never actually expected that a player would be able to be the shark. Anyway, not sure who we would ask who could know how to restrict it to water, and to play the bite animation. I hope you figure it out :).

@Ëkvas has also not made an appearance in a little while.

Incredible! What jchapman said!

Never actually expected that a player would be able to be the shark. Anyway, not sure who we would ask who could know how to restrict it to water, and to play the bite animation. I hope you figure it out :).

@Ëkvas has also not made an appearance in a little while.

The dianoga model from Dark Forces is only able to move around in water but is stuck in place on land. Perhaps something like that could get it closer - though honestly, just having in game is so exciting.

Test time!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8vn6yv88g75uc7/DT_shark.pk3

Bare in mind:

- the bounding box (collision) isn't going to match the model

- will need coding to grab player & eat him, so the attack animation looks out of place

- doesn't "flyswim" around for some reason, probably needs coding

To load as the player model:

playermodel dt_shark

To load the npc:

npc spawn dt_shark

Boothand and Omicron like this
  • 11 months later...

Haha, maybe we should.. release this, @@DT85? :D

It is after all a spawnable shark that can kill you. Doesn't seem to be working as a player model in MP, though. But it feels like one of those projects that sort of finished, even though the requester disappeared :P

What do you say? Bloodshanks the shark, by Boothand and DT.

DT. likes this