Few questions regarding modding

So I have started to edit my game a lot (adding maps, lightsabers, creating npcs, etc.) And I have a few question s regarding modding:

1. Can you edit the player parameters? (Such as speed, health, etc.) From the files? If so where exactly?

2. Is there anyway to edit and add new saber styles? I want to create one for a Darth Vader npc (slow, lumbering swings with high cuts and very few stabs) as well as one for palpatine (that spin stab especially) and a few others, if so where do I do this and what program does best?

3. So I really like movie battles 2 combat system, but dislike multiplayer (that's in every game generally just fyi) how hard would it be to take just the combat from Mb2 and use it in SP?

4. Let's say I want a cultist to be a good guy, is there an easy way to do that or do I need to create a good guy cultist npc?

5. If you cannot add MB2 Combat to the game, is there a mod that adds just manual blocking? I don't like auto blocks at all (reason I don't play EoC is because it never saves my intake settings (I change block to right click then 5 minutes later it's back to R again which I don't like it being R and it uses FP to block which makes it super hard to use FP with fighting, this itself wouldn't be too bad if it would save my darn settings)

Can't think of anymore right now, maybe later, thanks in advance for any help.

1. You can edit certain parameters of players and NPCs with a script, if you're making a map or have another way to run scripts in-game. BehavEd is used to make scripts. I believe there are also some .cfg files in the base assets that control starting health, starting shields, etc. depending on which difficulty the player chooses. I can't seem to find the .cfg files at the moment, but maybe someone else knows where they are.

4. Open up assets1.pk3 and go to ext_data/npcs. Open the "cultist.npc" file. Try switching around the "playerTeam" and "enemyTeam" fields. Other NPC tweaks and info can be found here (https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/146-the-basics-of-npc-files/) and here (https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/114-npc-classes-and-their-descriptions/).

When you have questions about modding, the tutorial section here on the site can be a pretty good resource. 

The saber style part is a bit tough, not only will you need to do some coding to add it you'll also have to animate all the individual moves.

You'll need all of these...

1 Idle anim

7 swing anims

7 swing to ready anims

7 swing starting anims

21 transitional anims

You can use Softimage, 3DS Max or Blender to add player animations. Although, I don't think there is any documentation on how to do it with Blender and Softimage is the only one with a downloadable biped rig adhering to the guidelines of the game which was made by yours truly. If someone has a setup for 3DS Max they should probably share it, I'll be remaking mine in Softimage 2015 soon but for now it's only in the free version of Mod Tool.

The coding part, someone might be able to step in and answer those questions, I just figured I could answer the art side of it.

The MB2 code source isn't available afaik, they're kinda being lame about it.

I seem to remember eezstreet has an older versions of the MB2 code, although it's not in a good state. He quickly checked that code once on IRC and ended up with a list of bugs and flaws, one of which he reported right away on their forums.

Well, here's a Manual Blocking config that @@Langerd and I made a while back:

EDIT: I seem to be having a few problems, for some reason :(

set style1 "g_saberAutoBlocking 1 ; set previousstyle vstr style2 ; set nextstyle vstr style1 ; echo Lightsaber Fight Style"
set style2 "g_saberAutoBlocking 0 ; set previousstyle vstr style1 ; set nextstyle vstr style1 ; echo Blaster Deflect Style"

set previousstyle "vstr style2"
set nextstyle "vstr style2"
vstr style1

bind z "vstr previousstyle"

bind shift "+block ; +speed"
Langerd likes this