Mapping/modding On Windows 10?

Is anyone here doing their modding on Windows 10? My current laptop is at the end of its life, and I know I'll need a new one soon, but I want to know what to expect before I transition away from Windows 7. Has anyone found compatibility issues between Windows 10 and any of the JK modding utilities, such as Radiant 1.5, q3map2, EffectsEd, BehavEd, Pakscape, etc.? Any issues with running the games themselves? If so, is there a way to work around those issues?

It may be the end of my laptop, but I don't want it to be the end of my modding!

I had the same issues with Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Radiant 1.5 with the glitchy windows. Also had this issue on Windows 7 Pro 64.  Radiant 1.6 won't run for me but its been a while since I even tried, 2 years I think. I run Radiant 1.4 with no issues. BehavED also works for me with no issues as I really don't use any other tools besides those.

Thanks for the info! For those of you who had issues with radiant 1.5--are there compatibility settings available in win 10 that might remedy those issues? For instance, "disable visual themes" was the setting that allowed me to run 1.5 in win 7 without interface glitches. It basically turned off the windows aero effects for as long as the program was running.

Just use latest 1.6.5 (or is it 1.6.6?) from a few weeks ago. Has a lot of newer stuff.

Disabling desktop compositing is not possible after windows 7. This feature was disabled in Windows 8/8.1, any program that attempts to use such feature silently succeeds but doesn't actually do anything.

Thanks for the responses, everyone! I have the new win 10 laptop and have most of my workflow back to normal.

Of course, now I'm dealing with radiant 1.6 frustrations (no multi-vertex select, no number labels for 3-point clipping, etc.), but I guess there are trade offs in everything. It's at least nice to have the paint select function from 1.4 again, instead of the weird box select in 1.5.