Single Player Voice Chat

Okay, so I've been attempting to add Voice Chat to Single Player. Don't ask why, I just am. But for some reason, whenever I open it, this floods the console:

https://ibb.co/dWbC7k

Here's the vchat.menu file:

Any ideas on what could be causing it? BTW I used the /play command because /voice_cmd doesn't work in Single Player.

EDIT: For some reason It's too long to put in here, even with a spoiler :/

You can still achieve something similar to what you want, the main difference will be the lack of a message in a non existant chat room. 

I created a script file that's like this

sound ( CHAN_ANNOUNCER, "sound/chars/mp_generic_male/misc/att_attack" );

And the button on your menu must have this action

exec "runscript voicechatfolder/vc1"

vc1 is the name of the script with that command. 

Have fun!

therfiles likes this

I really don't understand why use voice chat in SP though, unless you're doing\ using a co-op mod or something, it's not like the npc's will obey commands :D (or will they? :huh:)

They will make cool atmosphere effect - Yelling Attack the position and seeing two Arc Troopers blasting the balcony with two super battle droids would be amazing single payer experience ;)

@@Noodle - make something like this when You are for example - targeting with Your crosshair at something. I remember there was something trigger able when You were looking at it in the gtkradiant. You can mix two together to do somethig like that ;)

the_raven and Noodle like this

They will make cool atmosphere effect - Yelling Attack the position and seeing two Arc Troopers blasting the balcony with two super battle droids would be amazing single payer experience ;)

@@Noodle - make something like this when You are for example - targeting with Your crosshair at something. I remember there was something trigger able when You were looking at it in the gtkradiant. You can mix two together to do somethig like that ;)

I have never experimented with that, but it would surely make for a fun experience. 

I really don't understand why use voice chat in SP though, unless you're doing\ using a co-op mod or something, it's not like the npc's will obey commands :D (or will they? :huh:)

Totally doable if you know what you're doing. 

therfiles and the_raven like this

Did some testing, and some ideas seems to work.

I might re-do the follower menu idea I had from some time ago and release it as a more open standalone mod that includes functions like the one seen above. 

I wish there was a way to make the NPCs target what you're looking at with your crosshair. It seems that would require some coding, sadly :(

Incredible work, @@Noodle! I've been really impressed by some of your UI/Icarus wizardry lately. It's really neat stuff!

Sadly, I can't think of a fool-proof way to make the NPC's target what you are looking at with your cross-hair. Back in my Harry Potter mod, what I did to get around this was to give NPCs custom mind trick scripts that would be executed. So, perhaps you could use MT as a "trigger" for your commands. Each script could run on the NPC depending on which command you've selected from the menu. However, I may have forgotten if MT even affects allies, so that would bust the entire thing.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work! :D

Incredible work, @@Noodle! I've been really impressed by some of your UI/Icarus wizardry lately. It's really neat stuff!

Sadly, I can't think of a fool-proof way to make the NPC's target what you are looking at with your cross-hair. Back in my Harry Potter mod, what I did to get around this was to give NPCs custom mind trick scripts that would be executed. So, perhaps you could use MT as a "trigger" for your commands. Each script could run on the NPC depending on which command you've selected from the menu. However, I may have forgotten if MT even affects allies, so that would bust the entire thing.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work! :D

Thanks a lot, it was your work the main inspiration I had to learn how to mod the UI!

therfiles and ooeJack like this