[JAEnhanced] Enhanced Development Platform (EDP)

So I've been requested to do a version of Gunslinger Academy's TrueView. By setting cg_trueguns to 2, you will have Mirror's Edge / ARMA style of viewing your body, but still show the same first person weapon as if the feature was disabled.

Or a more visual representation:

cg_trueguns 2: (TrueView 2.0)

c7abD3D.jpg

cg_trueguns 1: (TrueView 1.0)

LpCXTx9.jpg

cg_trueguns 0: (no TrueView)

Gophg1Z.jpg

Smoo, Maksman, Boothand and 9 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Redemption

Alright pal, I've noticed that in the list of things to implement that you have true guns completed but, I've encountered a few issues with it :-(

Truespin, spins the opposite way from where you actually swing the saber.

Trueguns 1&2, I see the back of Kyle's head/eyes/mouth and the 2 weapon models. Can see the light saver fine in 1 but no handle or blade with 2.

Since I'm here, ignition flare is also playing up :-(

Guest Redemption

Hi, yes you are correct, it isn't available yet but it has been labeled as complete so I thought to mention it before he releases it. I compiled his code because I was wanting to start modding it and add force fall :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My original link is still accurate, because as far as I know, the code hasn't been merged into the JKEnhanced repository yet.

The JKE/Jedi Academy branch on your original link is much more out of date than what Circa posted which is a repo just for JKE/Jedi Academy.

• 4 weeks later...

I've started work on getting JK2:Enhanced working using rend2, based on SomaZ's work with DF2 mod (which made me realize how much code is actually shared between the two projects, interestingly enough). Currently so far I've got it merged in a rend2-sp branch.

Current status: it crashes upon startup with this error: https://pastebin.com/Gcpqphqq

Tempust85, Aidor, Smoo and 2 others like this

About time lol.

I did the initial port of rend2 MP to SP, while SomaZ and uniqueone helped out with a few issues I had. SomaZ is now adding & tweaking things, so it's now his baby. :P

So I've changed all entities to be black when there's no lighting unlike vanilla, which has a minimum light. Other than that, I don't think I've made any other DF2-specific changes to the GL2 renderer. I pretty much leave renderer stuff to SomaZ now, so he has everything how he wants it without interference.

About that error. It could be an unsupported shader blend?

SomaZ and Stoiss like this
Guest Redemption

@ If I'm not mistaken /thedestroy is just an added effect stuck in the game by the devs. It adds a second blade on the bottom of your hilt, no actual no animations or anything though. 

Yeah, yea, ye, y... I know that. My question seems to be answered by the silence. 

@@eezstreet Are you feckin kidding me?!?! Seriously?!? Wat da fu... What thedestroyer in SP?

I assumed that Eezstreet had merged JK2 Enhanced with JA Enhanced; meaning that the features included in Academy i.e' saber_dual, saber_staff, force powers, could NOW be used in Outcast. Like I said, I don't understand what, "source all-in-one codebase" means. If not by what I thought it meant anyway... thats all.