I randomly got in the mood to make this droid today, I haven't really tackled a project before and show it to the public. This would be my first time, I might end up needing help on this project.

Not something to be ashamed of at all. I've collaborated with many talented members to bring most of my downloads to life.

Omega likes this

I tried just covering the whole eye glow file red but turned out the whole head was red then when I tested it lol it's a learning process for me, but if anyone wants to help I would gladly appreciate it.

I tried just covering the whole eye glow file red but turned out the whole head was red then when I tested it lol it's a learning process for me, but if anyone wants to help I would gladly appreciate it.

You can use the shader file here:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2853-tc-14/

Make sure you copy over the metal texture chrome.jpg for the shine. As for the eye glow, use this:

tc14_face_glow.jpg

You can alter the hue and saturation easily in any image editing program. The name of the above texture is "tc14_face_glow.jpg"

Omega likes this

I feel like the face expression should be changed, 3PX seems to have an aggressive expression on his face plate.

That would probably need to be edited on the actual model itself. Some face warping would need to be done if there's anyone that can do that.

Maybe someone would be interested in messing with the face plate into an aggressive look. Still need to get the strap around the torso holding his weapons. Trying to really bring this assassin droid to life. All help is welcomed and appreciated.

Maybe someone would be interested in messing with the face plate into an aggressive look. Still need to get the strap around the torso holding his weapons. Trying to really bring this assassin droid to life. All help is welcomed and appreciated.

The strap shouldn't be much of a problem, I know @@dark_apprentice could help add the strap to the droid model. You would have to get permission from @@Kualan , but this strap looks just right:

8c5b54c4da50f0da13ca74b3ac052648.png

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2141-embo/

Of course you would have to flip the strap so it looks like this:

5878d3779de7bee42c7d0453f7b4e6a0.png

Also I'd recommend trying to make the color of the texture less yellow and more gold looking for the droid. Give it more of an orange hue, combined with the chrome.jpg from the TC-14 shader. Make sure you actually use the same .shader file from the TC-14 model so the shine works correctly, just rename the image names/paths within the shader file. Easy stuff.

Omega likes this

I'm probably going to have to get someone to get a C-3PO model with the strap around the torso with the weapons on it. I can take care of the skinning/shaders part and get that down to point, so if anyone wants to help and throw it my way that would be awesome! :)

I'm probably going to have to get someone to get a C-3PO model with the strap around the torso with the weapons on it. I can take care of the skinning/shaders part and get that down to point, so if anyone wants to help and throw it my way that would be awesome! :)

@@dark_apprentice can just use the TC-14 model and add the strap from Embo (with permission). All that would be left is to add the red eye glow I gave you, and add color to the texture so it looked like gold, a perfect mix of yellow/orange. Find some weapon models to stick onto his back and that should do it. I know @@JAWSFreelao has some good gun models you could look at in his Skins & Ish thread.

So I'm really trying to go balls hard on this project, so I decided to push it to the next level in skinning. Found a front shot face pic of CPX and cropped it onto the face plate. This is just a test, I'm going to get a bigger picture so it's more clear as well as color blend so it flows nicely. Anyway here is a before and after so you can see the difference, might not need to remodel the head after all...
17793031_10154532274227194_384942147_n.j17821338_10154532274342194_1283985226_n.

So I'm really trying to go balls hard on this project, so I decided to push it to the next level in skinning. Found a front shot face pic of CPX and cropped it onto the face plate. This is just a test, I'm going to get a bigger picture so it's more clear as well as color blend so it flows nicely. Anyway here is a before and after so you can see the difference, might not need to remodel the head after all...

17793031_10154532274227194_384942147_n.j17821338_10154532274342194_1283985226_n.

I think the original looks better.

JAWSFreelao and Omega like this

I appreciate the feedback, just give it time though because I think this project will pay off going through all the phases I've been going through with this droid staying up late at nights trying to get down that right look for CPX. This is all trial and error for me, so if anyone has any advice throw them at me because any help is welcomed! :)

I appreciate the feedback, just give it time though because I think this project will pay off going through all the phases I've been going through with this droid staying up late at nights trying to get down that right look for CPX. This is all trial and error for me, so if anyone has any advice throw them at me because any help is welcomed! :)

You can clearly see the edges of the face you added onto the texture, because the original texture is yellow and the face texture you added is more of an orange. My suggestion is, put that image of C3PX on the original droid texture, but in a new layer. Then edit the bottom layer (original texture) such as the hue, brightness, contrast, so it matches seamlessly with the color of the C3PX head on the top layer. Then merge both layers together/down and then save the texture. If you can't do this, send me both the original texture image and the image of the C3PX face (the version that you cut out).

Omega likes this