Model Request

I doubt anyone will do this, but I figured gotta ask to find out right? :P

as anyone whos been following my mapping knows, ive been working on the Death Egg, an area featured in several of the sonic the Hedgehog games and other material.

however It needs one major thing to get my alternate mode, the actual Death Egg Robot, or sonic 2's final boss in other words, form which this stage hails from.

turn this:

at-st-a.jpg

Into this, for the most part:

Death_egg_robot_concept_art.png

well you know where to find me if anyone want to take it on, "making calibrations"

wait, we can do custom skeletons now? where the hell have I been?

And the at-st is the ideal size that id be looking for, maybe a little bigger, the idea is when your in the hanger, the main lift would activate after X amount of time, even during a dual, and the robot would stay in the main hanger but attack anything that entered its range basicly

and If i knew how to change the name.... should have just named it model request :P

• 2 weeks later...

rather than texturing this guy I'm mesisng with setting up a nice and easy to use rig for him

I'm allmost done with that though , only the arms IK's mess up when I rotate the torso I have to ifx this or simply odnt use IK'S for the arms.....

that'll make the animations harder though

^IK chain behavior is very dependant on up vectors, the default up vector for the chain may not be good enough, may have to constrain the up vector to a control object so it knows which way the elbows should point.

oh the direction is allright , but my whole IK's mess up when I rotate the torso I'll get a screenshot of my rig tonight

@@minilogoguy18

about the feet not lifting up from the ground , I tried to minimize clipping between pieces of the leg geometry

and this wont be the final walk cycle , I made it for practice

I'll have to rebuild this animation in max 5 anyway unless I manage to get Crosswalk to work

before starting any of this , i'll work up some textures