• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My original link is still accurate, because as far as I know, the code hasn't been merged into the JKEnhanced repository yet.

The JKE/Jedi Academy branch on your original link is much more out of date than what Circa posted which is a repo just for JKE/Jedi Academy.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Redemption

@ If I'm not mistaken /thedestroy is just an added effect stuck in the game by the devs. It adds a second blade on the bottom of your hilt, no actual no animations or anything though. 

Yeah, yea, ye, y... I know that. My question seems to be answered by the silence. 

@@eezstreet Are you feckin kidding me?!?! Seriously?!? Wat da fu... What thedestroyer in SP?

I assumed that Eezstreet had merged JK2 Enhanced with JA Enhanced; meaning that the features included in Academy i.e' saber_dual, saber_staff, force powers, could NOW be used in Outcast. Like I said, I don't understand what, "source all-in-one codebase" means. If not by what I thought it meant anyway... thats all.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the code in a "good to go" state? I'm wanting to move DF2 over to this, and asap.

It works, yeah. But not all of the code that I want externalized, is externalized.

Basically I want to get the weapons and force powers separated into external scripts or something else, so that the new weapons and force powers can be considered a scripted aspect specific to JK:E, and not part of the "engine" so to speak.

If you think you're going to be ok with some more upstream pulls, then go for it. There's also a rend2-sp branch as well, and a lot of our code is in common there.

SomaZ, DT. and Archangel35757 like this

@@eezstreet

If you're interested - I have a clean, "DF2-free" version of DF2's GL2 here for you. I started off from JKE master and added the GL2 stuff in, minus widescreen in-case you have something of the like in JKE already. JK2 should also have GL2 support in the cmake files, but it's untested:

https://github.com/DT85/DF2-EDP/tree/Clean-GL2

Changes from JKE master:

- renamed all sp vanilla renderers to GL1

- added GL2 with untested JK2 support in cmake files

EDIT:

I've noticed that some stuff that's in JK2's code, isn't in JKA's code. For example, json. Will the JK2 features be shared at some point?

@@eezstreet

If you're interested - I have a clean, "DF2-free" version of DF2's GL2 here for you. I started off from JKE master and added the GL2 stuff in, minus widescreen in-case you have something of the like in JKE already. JK2 should also have GL2 support in the cmake files, but it's untested:

https://github.com/DT85/DF2-EDP/tree/Clean-GL2

Changes from JKE master:

- renamed all sp vanilla renderers to GL1

- added GL2 with untested JK2 support in cmake files

EDIT:

I've noticed that some stuff that's in JK2's code, isn't in JKA's code. For example, json. Will the JK2 features be shared at some point?

Yes, when a proper release of EDP comes. A lot of the features are still very heavy WIP at the moment (nav editor can't save yet, among other things).

I intend to create a whole bunch of issues on the Github page detailing everything I need to complete.

Were the functions that were missing from GL2 but required for JK2 (eg, jpeg buffering) added?