Single Player Campaign WIP

shot0227_zpshjqljv37.jpg

shot0226_zps4vrue21q.jpg

shot0228_zpsf5rtgmwj.jpg

I've raised the ceiling in this room, after these shots were taken. There wasn't enough head room on top of that glass platform. Also I have a feeling some weird setting in my game is messing with my brightness. Whenever I start the game, whatever youtube video I have on my second monitor gets like 15% brighter. I might need to send some of these maps to someone to take some screenshots for me on their PC so I can see what the brightness looks like on other machines. I have a feeling it will be a lot darker than what I'm seeing.

krkarr likes this

Yep, you got it right. 3 models I made in Maya and exported as md3s through Blender. Each one is set as a model2 on a func_static. When the door is pushed it runs a script that instantly moves the func_static into position from some area beneath the playable part of the map, while moving the old door out of the way. I tried to do it with func_usables instead because that made more sense, but I had a problem with setting the model scale or something. Can't remember now.

Lazarus and TheWhitePhoenix like this

Imported this area to the rest of the hangar map and added the observation walkway thing.

shot0237_zpsdyeliz4a.jpg

shot0238_zpsigfy2ywu.jpg

shot0240_zpss2elrb1n.jpg

Imported this area to the rest of the hangar map and added the observation walkway thing.

shot0237_zpsdyeliz4a.jpg

shot0238_zpsigfy2ywu.jpg

shot0240_zpss2elrb1n.jpg

Natural Lightning is the key. Jk3 maps are many times light sourced from.. ass? Where is light source here?? Why ? Where this light came up from?

The light sshould came from light sources.. Lava, Lamps, Sky.. Of course i am not sure but lightning in Quake engine cant bounce light from walls.. that is why i sometimes using light source to make one room with light source bright as hell and in next room where( in real life though..) the light should be reflected in wall. That is how lightning works but there is many many many things with lightning... sharp,smooth,cold,warm etc.

Here You made amazing work ;) Maybe The lightning of the Sky should be a little stronger

Smoo likes this

Natural Lightning is the key. Jk3 maps are many times light sourced from.. ass? Where is light source here?? Why ? Where this light came up from?

The light sshould came from light sources.. Lava, Lamps, Sky.. Of course i am not sure but lightning in Quake engine cant bounce light from walls.. that is why i sometimes using light source to make one room with light source bright as hell and in next room where( in real life though..) the light should be reflected in wall. That is how lightning works but there is many many many things with lightning... sharp,smooth,cold,warm etc.

Here You made amazing work ;) Maybe The lightning of the Sky should be a little stronger

Are you sure it doesn't? There's a -bounce <number> parameter that you can set up when compiling a map, I think that's it.

Smoo and Langerd like this

Are you sure it doesn't? There's a -bounce <number> parameter that you can set up when compiling a map, I think that's it.

I think You are right. I am using it too but it is not always working so perfect in my opinion ;) And If You dont want a very very long compiling time You can use method with light enities :)

Great job on your mod. I like some of your ideas. Don't be bound by original content, it should inspire. For example, maybe change the stone textures?

Changed the center console, which seemed to be displaying a picture of the approaching Death Star from RotJ, which makes no sense. You can press one of the switches to turn off the hologram globe thing, which also switches off the lights/speakers. Destroying the glass displays also switches off some lights.

I have done this little number a few times myself. Just make another model and size it accordingly. Make it a bluey-green?

Edited by RAILBACK

Does anyone remember when you get the cutscene where you see Rosh in some kind of common area at the academy talking to another padawan about how he's being held back? Does that cutscene play directly after one of the missions? Anyone know which map it's in? Can I load it with the console and go directly to that cutscene with "map xmapname"?

Does anyone remember when you get the cutscene where you see Rosh in some kind of common area at the academy talking to another padawan about how he's being held back? Does that cutscene play directly after one of the missions? Anyone know which map it's in? Can I load it with the console and go directly to that cutscene with "map xmapname"?

T1_Intern. :)

Got some more mapping done in the last few days. Added the hall outside the big temple area where you talk to Luke:

shot0286_zpsz7kznlpt.jpg

And I added a barracks area, where all the students sleep. I wanted it cramped and dark with oppressive (almost Imperial) artificial lighting, for story reasons...

shot0289_zpsidyrtunb.jpg

shot0290_zpsqoub5xgx.jpg

There's some lockers for storing personal belongings in the back of the room.

shot0291_zps5voa7dse.jpg

Got some more mapping done in the last few days. Added the hall outside the big temple area where you talk to Luke:

shot0286_zpsz7kznlpt.jpg

And I added a barracks area, where all the students sleep. I wanted it cramped and dark with oppressive (almost Imperial) artificial lighting, for story reasons...

shot0289_zpsidyrtunb.jpg

shot0290_zpsqoub5xgx.jpg

There's some lockers for storing personal belongings in the back of the room.

shot0291_zps5voa7dse.jpg

GdcRG99.gif

​These last shots are 10/10 ..amazing atmosphere... Like i want be Rebel right now

Got to work on the lounge area. Padawans gotta blow off steam sometimes, right?

shot0044_zpshsdpxykh.jpg

shot0045_zpsbkthwwlo.jpg

shot0046_zps8uglrqfj.jpg

The potted plants between the benches should have... well, plants in them. For some reason I'm always having problems with textures on certain models. The screens hanging from the ceiling in the second shot are also having texture problems. The base metal texture is just flat black.

Bek and swegmaster like this

I'm just picturing some rebel soldier having to install the neon light fixtures (in an academy for space monks). It's kind of ridiculous. Imagine Luke meeting with an interior designer. "If we blow out this ceiling a bit it will really open up the room." And Luke is just nodding and scratching his chin like "ooh yeah, that's gonna look real nice. Good feng shui."

Anyway, I made a weapons stockroom. You'll go here before you leave on your mission, to stock up on weapons.

shot0047_zpswydnqlhw.jpg

shot0048_zpsvlsn31db.jpg

shot0049_zpsojcr2c5y.jpg

krkarr, Ramikad, Smoo and 1 other like this

I'm just picturing some rebel soldier having to install the neon light fixtures (in an academy for space monks). It's kind of ridiculous. Imagine Luke meeting with an interior designer. "If we blow out this ceiling a bit it will really open up the room." And Luke is just nodding and scratching his chin like "ooh yeah, that's gonna look real nice. Good feng shui."

Anyway, I made a weapons stockroom. You'll go here before you leave on your mission, to stock up on weapons.

shot0047_zpswydnqlhw.jpg

shot0048_zpsvlsn31db.jpg

shot0049_zpsojcr2c5y.jpg

I've experimented with more elegant solution than letting the guns float or loose on the shelves in the past:

shot0190.jpg

Darth Sion, Barricade24 and krkarr like this

I like that but it's hard to figure out how to do it since the position of the guns in game looks different than it does in Radiant. How did you figure it out?

Actually can't remember, but if you're right it was probably a mix of theoretical position and in-game trial and error.