• 2 weeks later...

Our KotF modding team needs more skilled coders if Single Player is ever going to happen. I met some errors that I am unable to fix myself. I don't want to shatter your hopes but if we don't find anyone qualified for this job it might go very slow to make SP reality. The outcome of this situation is not my choice at all. As much as I would hate to let You people down, I just can't fix everything by myself. I hope you can understand that. But don't dispear - The Force works in mysterious ways. Who knows? Maybe our dreams are not lost after all.

Hi! 

I have a problem with jamp exe. When I try to create server in JAMP there aren't any problem, i can create server. If i try to runing kotf 2.1 i get jamp,exe error massage. "jamp.exe runing has been stopped" do you know that problem? do you know any solution?

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you launch KotF MP.bat file? Make sure your jedi academy game is patched to 1.01 https://jkhub.org/files/file/73-jedi-academy-patch-pc/ 
Also your base folder should contain only Assets0.pk3 Assets1.pk3 Assets2.pk3 Assets3.pk3
Make sure KotF folder is in GameData

--------------------------------------------------

Have faith my friends

Fire Phoenix

Our KotF modding team needs more skilled coders if Single Player is ever going to happen. I met some errors that I am unable to fix myself. I don't want to shatter your hopes but if we don't find anyone qualified for this job it might go very slow to make SP reality. The outcome of this situation is not my choice at all. As much as I would hate to let You people down, I just can't fix everything by myself. I hope you can understand that. But don't dispear - The Force works in mysterious ways. Who knows? Maybe our dreams are not lost after all.

I think we should consult our skilled coders here. Maybe they know a solution.

@@Asgarath83, can you help with that?

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you launch KotF MP.bat file? Make sure your jedi academy game is patched to 1.01 https://jkhub.org/files/file/73-jedi-academy-patch-pc/ 

Also your base folder should contain only Assets0.pk3 Assets1.pk3 Assets2.pk3 Assets3.pk3

Make sure KotF folder is in GameData

--------------------------------------------------

Have faith my friends

Fire Phoenix

Hi! I solved the problem. I have installed 1.01 patch and used 1.01 mp crack :) Tahnks for your help :) 

sorry i cannot help at moment (if someone know how to eradicate a staphylococcus epidermidis cystitis, let me know -.- )

but many features of SAB files are available only with 1.01 patch of JKA. i'm glad that you're solved. maybe i can give my technical opinion. someone can explain me the project and what is needed by SP code part?

@@Fire Phoenix

The problem is very similar to the one I had with multiplayer. I wanted to add new player menu which is huge and apparently extending the limits. I had it fixed for MP thanks to @@Xycaleth. Now, when I tried to add the same menu for SP - game crashes on startup screen. I think that extending the limits would do. I used uix86.dll file from openJK to fix MP. Is OpenJK supporting SP and if so is it a good idea to use it? 

The problem is very similar to the one I had with multiplayer. I wanted to add new player menu which is huge and apparently extending the limits. I had it fixed for MP thanks to @@Xycaleth. Now, when I tried to add the same menu for SP - game crashes on startup screen. I think that extending the limits would do. I used uix86.dll file from openJK to fix MP. Is OpenJK supporting SP and if so is it a good idea to use it? 

last time i can recall, openjk is supposed to support both MP and SP =P

and yes, it definately helps because regular JKA can't handle high-poly models and stuff because of limitations and stuff nobody likes, so OpenJk should definitely help a lot 

coming from experience, i like messing around in SP by changing around the NPC and some of them use high-poly models that give you a stupid error and with openJK removes those stupid limitations that allows me to use those models without a problem.

eezstreet likes this

Hello! Loving the mod!

Is there any chance of getting a smaller Yoda model in a future update?

If you're using the Multiplayer, you can't adjust player models for fairness reasons, but if this is an npc or singleplayer there shouldn't be a problem adjusting the model scale.  Its actually fairly easy to do since you can change it in the npc file.

JKG Developer

Hello! Loving the mod!

Is there any chance of getting a smaller Yoda model in a future update?

Darth Futuza is correct, though you could change player size on multiplayer too - using mini server side mods like lugormod or JA+. The admin can scale players down or up.

So I tried to fix it using OpenJK but still without success. I believe that OpenJK developers didn't include the ui changes in SP jagamex86.dll file . I can't get the new MP menu to work with sp. I will either find a way to fix it or try to create a diffrent menu for SP ( but I wouldn't like to do it )  

So I tried to fix it using OpenJK but still without success. I believe that OpenJK developers didn't include the ui changes in SP jagamex86.dll file . I can't get the new MP menu to work with sp. I will either find a way to fix it or try to create a diffrent menu for SP ( but I wouldn't like to do it )  

Can you help him with that, @@redsaurus?

EDIT: Don't want to make a double-post, but I have one question: Isn't it possible to create a subforum for this mod? This topic could be moved there, so it can be found easily.

What do you think, @@eezstreet?

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone!

Just got into this game again and this mod looked like everything I wanted! Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it to work.

I got the game from Steam and I am using Windows 10.  I have a fresh install of the game and I copied all the files into the GameData folder. When I open the KotF 2.1 MP.bat it takes me to the modded single player menu.  Additionally, when I open jamp.exe it takes me to the regular SP menu. The only way I can get into the MP is by right-clicking the game in my Steam Library and selecting "Launch Multiplayer."  From the regular MP menu I have tried loading the KotF mod, but when I do I see a brief glimpse of the KotF opening loading screen and then the game crashes with a "VM_Create on UI failed" message. Please help! :) Here is what I am seeing:

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(8-bits)
MODE: 4, 800 x 600 fullscreen hz:60
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
CPU: Intel Pentium IV @ 3396 MHz
rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
picmip: 1
texture bits: 0
lightmap texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: enabled
compressed lightmaps: disabled
texture compression method: GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
anisotropic filtering: enabled  (16.000000 of 16.000000)
Dynamic Glow: disabled
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

Thanks!

@@isutton007

This problem only occurs with the Steam version of the game. I believe it will be fixed in the beta version.

You did it right, you have to access the MP mode on the Steam Library, then load the mod in the MP menu.

But I don't know what the error message means.

If you have more questions about this mod, use the support section of official subforum: https://jkhub.org/forum/144-knights-of-the-force/

And welcome to JKHub!  :)

• 2 months later...

Hello!

Will the SP have the KotF Add/Load menu like in the old version?

Thanks! :)

Hello there!

The Alpha version of KotF is very nice!

Will the Singleplayer mode have the Add/Load System like in the old KotF?

Thanks! :D

Sorry for two messages :(