**OFFICIAL** Dark Forces Mod revival topic

okay, some bugs need to be fixed in darkjedi:

1. fix roq cutscene audio(openjk bug)

2. fix action music not transitioning back to explore music once played(@@mrwonko fixed this and put this in the openjk source code, which darkjedi should be updated to use the fix)

3. fix eax support so that lips sync properly in cutscenes(ja bug)

Didn't know #2 was fixed. I've updated my code accordingly and will have it fixed in a future build.
swegmaster likes this

also, the non-sith sword sword weapons crash needs to be fixed, like i gave a gamorrean a vibroaxe and when it tries to attack me, the game crashes  :mad:  :wallbash:  

You might wanna give anyone with a sword weapon these attributes in the NPC file, Swag:

Saber Offense 1

Saber Defense 1

I tried that with JKA Enhanced, and the game stopped crashing. :D

Nice! He rigs up pretty good considering that he's lower poly than your average JA model. Nice work. As far as color maybe we can try to give him the same tone as the Phase III as that's how they were originally.

Didn't know #2 was fixed. I've updated my code accordingly and will have it fixed in a future build.

Reverting this change. The updated snd_music.cpp doesn't play well with Visual Studio 12.0's VC library. It threw about a dozen errors at me, so for now I'll have to look elsewhere for a fix. I believe it's the use of Q::substr in the code but @@mrwonko will have to confirm.

i guess this could be what you should try to aim for:

6cl8s9t.png

Actually @@Jeff -- please stick to trying to capture the same color tones/specular of the Phase III you converted. The original Phase II's sprites were really ugly, and I'd bet money if they had the ability to be higher resolution originally they would have made them better. I mean, just look at how ugly this is:

phase2.gif

I mean, what's with that jetpack?

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Reverting this change. The updated snd_music.cpp doesn't play well with Visual Studio 12.0's VC library. It threw about a dozen errors at me, so for now I'll have to look elsewhere for a fix. I believe it's the use of Q::substr in the code but @@mrwonko will have to confirm.

Actually @@Jeff -- please stick to trying to capture the same color tones/specular of the Phase III you converted. The original Phase II's sprites were really ugly, and I'd bet money if they had the ability to be higher resolution originally they would have made them better. I mean, just look at how ugly this is:

phase2.gif

NOW: compare that to Free Radical's color tones, which look tons better:

At7Jf-oEdAI.jpg

woah, the phase II's f*cked up, why does the assault cannon he holds look different from the one you get/hold?

Right? :lol:  As far as the Assault Cannon I agree. It's all weirdly proportioned, but that could just be sprite-based limitations or the fact that players wouldn't really see it up close. Either way the mod's Assault Cannon will have to be redone as well. Not only is it strangely proportioned too, it doesn't render correctly in widescreen, cutting off at the top. The version at the link below is by far the best I've ever seen in 3D, but I seriously doubt the author still has the model after nine years. Even if they did I can't find a way to contact them.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180720

I found an interesting model at the URL below which clearly was a development pic for some Star Wars game (given the Lucasarts branding), but I have no idea what it's from, nor whether it actually made it into whatever game it was for.

darktrooperarmour.jpg

***EDIT***

Apparently it was Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. All the in-game stuff was done with sprites though, so this model can only ever be a reference.

swegmaster likes this

Right? :lol:  As far as the Assault Cannon I agree. It's all weirdly proportioned, but that could just be sprite-based limitations or the fact that players wouldn't really see it up close. Either way the mod's Assault Cannon will have to be redone as well. Not only is it strangely proportioned too, it doesn't render correctly in widescreen, cutting off at the top. The version at the link below is by far the best I've ever seen in 3D, but I seriously doubt the author still has the model after nine years. Even if they did I can't find a way to contact them.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180720

I found an interesting model at the URL below which clearly was a development pic for some Star Wars game (given the Lucasarts branding), but I have no idea what it's from, nor whether it actually made it into whatever game it was for.

darktrooperarmour.jpg

looks like it might've been a concept art for eaw/foc before deciding on the final model

Been working on Dark Trooper AI for the last day or two (among other things). Phase I will use melee attacks as it's easy to control the damage values and it looks best animation-wise. Now it looks more like they're either punching you with their shield arm, or stabbing you with their "knife" arm. Phase II and III are flyers from the get-go and will rarely hit the ground. They're very aggressive, but for some reason not very accurate at all. The Phase I still relies on waypoints to get around and be aggressive, which really sucks, but whatever.

Been working on Dark Trooper AI for the last day or two (among other things). Phase I will use melee attacks as it's easy to control the damage values and it looks best animation-wise. Phase II and III are flyers from the get-go and will rarely hit the ground. They're very aggressive, but for some reason not very accurate at all. The Phase I still relies on waypoints to get around and be aggressive, which really sucks, but whatever.

i agree with the melee, although could you add code for it so that when it uses it, it plays a blade sound like in the original? and i know the phase 2 would freeze where it was before firing their assault cannon in like 20 shots

EDIT: the phase I should also have custom animations for idle, running, and attacking

Yeah I think we could probably code in a swing sound for the Phase I. For the other two it feels really satisfying to have them move and fire. It's much more exciting than the original. That being said, I need to improve their accuracy as I can literally stand there unloading shots into them and not get hit very often.

swegmaster likes this

Yeah I think we could probably code in a swing sound for the Phase I. For the other two it feels really satisfying to have them move and fire. It's much more exciting than the original. That being said, I need to improve their accuracy as I can literally stand there unloading shots into them and not get hit very often.

could you also make the concussion rifle's secondary fire less op, like make it not go through multiple enemies and have it not knockback them that hard?