**OFFICIAL** Dark Forces Mod revival topic

Wow, she looks totally like her from the Dark Forces game!! And I'm loving it! I hope it would be cool to release her as a download once it's finished, Jeff. :)

Jeff and I have a plan, but I can't reveal anything yet.

Neat idea, but I'd have to actually code that ability to do that.

actaully, with the snd cvar, you can change which set of sounds the player uses, like snd <name of char sound folder>, located in sound/chars, ex. i want normal ja kyle sounds, and in the char folder theres a folder named kyle, so i do: snd kyle

NICE! That looks great! Hey I've been meaning to ask you a few things:

1. Is it difficult for you to kitbash multiple layers? Like with Kyle, is it easy to get Outcast Kyle's head on Mercenary Kyle and vice versa? I'd love it we could do a few characters that were customizable via turning surfaces on/off like the default species. I don't necessarily want the Kyle bodies merged, but the optional heads would be nice. If they were merged I think there would be too many torso customization options.
  2. Feel 100% free to say no to this -- but what do you think about kitbashing the JA rocket trooper's legs onto the Phase II mesh. I think it would beef it up a bit more, and the original texture you modified could possibly be remapped to the legs.

Also everyone... guess who's going to be an easter egg. It'll be a static model (no AI or animations), but I thought this little guy would be fun. I already know where I'm going to put him, but I don't wan to spoil it so I won't give it away.

project-242-XOL47UR2OL.jpg

Also from that same project (JK: Enhanced) I get to use a few items:

project-242-dPRqSg2efs.jpg

The Revive (third on top) can be used if I ever want to make an Icarus-scripted powerup. The backpack (middle bottom) will be used for getting Kyle's gear back on Jabba's ship. I'm thinking about using the keys, too and seeing if I can make them something you can pick up. Wish I had a way to make a third key, though. In JO/JA there are only two kinds of keys.

Speaking of Max, did you know in the level Ice Station Beta, there is an easter egg image of what appears to be Max's Head on the map. :)

Icestationbeta_max.jpg

alright i have one question: with the kyle customization, are you using the dfII kyle in-game version, cutscene version, or both? if the in-game version, are you implementing ALL the skins, like Rugar or One-Eye, or just certain skins?

All of those are included with JO Kyle -- any alternate JK/JO/JA skin I can get permission for that's quality I plan to add. I was toying with the idea of adding tint back as well. That way DF Kyle can have his jacket tinted to a handful of colors and the different torso choice would be for the shirt/armor he is wearing underneath. For JO Kyle it would probably be the shoulder pauldron. If I do that I'm going to put the team color JK Kyle outfits as a separate model so they can have different tints from regular JO. Space is at a premium so I can't add a ton of them:

**IF** I add tints, here's the color scheme for them:

• DF Kyle's Jacket, JO Kyle's shoulder pauldron: Grey, Black, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Red, Blue
  • "Team" JK Kyle, some of the multiplayer JK Kyle clones like Rugar: Red, Blue, Gold, Green, Orange, Purple

All of those are included with JO Kyle -- any alternate JK/JO/JA skin I can get permission for that's quality I plan to add. I was toying with the idea of adding tint back as well. That way DF Kyle can have his jacket tinted to a handful of colors and the different torso choice would be for the shirt/armor he is wearing underneath. For JO Kyle it would probably be the shoulder pauldron. If I do that I'm going to put the team color JK Kyle outfits as a separate model so they can have different tints from regular JO. Space is at a premium so I can't add a ton of them:

**IF** I add tints, here's the color scheme for them:

• DF Kyle's Jacket, JO Kyle's shoulder pauldron: Grey, Black, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Red, Blue
  • "Team" JK Kyle, some of the multiplayer JK Kyle clones like Rugar: Red, Blue, Gold, Green, Orange, Purple

Because of when Kyle Katarn used to join the Imperials and was ranked as an Officer, would it be cool if Imperial Kyle was added on with the Kyle Customization? :)

https://jkhub.org/files/file/802-imperial-kyle/

swegmaster likes this

I suppose so, but I don't have much in the way of customization to work from. It looks like just four skins. I suppose if people wanted to do the white Imperial Security Bureau uniform that might be one more.

Hmmm.... I tell you what. If someone makes that model a "species" that you can customize for regular JA -- complete with proper icons, I'll add it to the mod.

I suppose so, but I don't have much in the way of customization to work from. It looks like just four skins. I suppose if people wanted to do the white Imperial Security Bureau uniform that might be one more.

Hmmm.... I tell you what. If someone makes that model a "species" that you can customize for regular JA -- complete with proper icons, I'll add it to the mod.

thats what i can do :D

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Thanks, but as I said above I'm not going to add it unless it has proper icons -- not just repeats of the head. It needs to look like the species customization (proper icons for head/torsos/legs) for me to bother adding it. That's the part that's more time consuming. The skin text files are super easy.

swegmaster likes this