Which JK game should I play?

JK has a fun single player and like said the speed running is amazing to watch. There is though a pretty good JK2 speed run in like less than 45 min but it uses glitches. They at least play on Jedi Master mode unlike all the JA speed runs where they're on like easy or normal difficulty which is LAME.

And Soldier of Fortune is not Star Wars-related. Not that it's bad (never played), or that non-Star Wars games are bad (I play quite a few other games), but but at least part of the reason most people (me included) would buy/want a Star Wars game is because it's Star Wars. 

Yep, which steers people away because it's no longer SDA legitimate, even as another category.

OpenJK-Speed exists for that, but there are still issues that prevent the active JA speedrunners from using it - I tried to make it automatically skip cutscenes, but I learnt there are some tricks that involve abusing cutscenes.

I also need to set up a proper timer that works well across force speed/timescale and ignores time spent in cutscenes.

Managing savegames better would be nice too, considering force point progression plays a major part in which route you take.

I'm also the only programmer who's stepped up to work on any of that, and my time is extremely limited.

I could be wrong, but either myself or ElementalGuard unofficially hold the current records for the OpenJK-Speed categories (any% segmented jedi master and any% single segment jedi master). I just haven't recorded it, but it's looking okay, my current route should be sub 30m

Ping likes this

I actually enjoyed all the JK games. I first played JKA, then dark forces, then jedi outcast, and then finally Jedi Knight 1 (AKA dark forces II).

An odd order to play em in, but all of em were good. You'll definitely want to play the dark forces remake for JKA. It doesn't contain all the levels but it's extremely well done.