Never thought of this, but I want to request a new TIE Fighter vehicle model for JKA. The thing is, that if you want to make a change for example with the textures of the basic TIE Fighter in the game, it will change all the models of the TIE Fighters and sometimes you will want to have both the old (basic) TIE's and your own modified one. Also on the other hand the TIE doesn't seem so good at all plus the fact, that now we have much better ways to make models/vehicles for JKA and the code of both MP/SP games. I have noticed long time ago, that there is another TIE Fighter in progress from @@ChalklYne 's mod "Unleahed 1.5". I am not willing for a TFU based model,  just a new model of the TIE Fighter vehicle, that is easy to spawn and control during flight and if someone wants to make texture changes it will affect only on it and the rest of the basic TIE fighters would stay as they are. So any ideas, views and suggestions would be nice.

making a custom skin for the TIE fighter without effecting the other TIE's is absolutely possible

just make a duplicate of the TIE files with a different folder path :P

Well, that's what I have tried at first, when I was working on the episode 7 tie-fighter re-skin, and wanted to change it like "tie_ep7" and when i changed everything and wanted to spawn in game "npc spawn vehicle tie_ep7" nothing happened. Also i wanted to try making the Rebels TIE fighter skin, without affecting the other TIE Fighter models, but it's not quite possible with the basic vehicle of TIE Fighter, because the Rebel's tie got one "normal/basic" wing and the other is colored in the orange-yellow stylized design.

Well, that's what I have tried at first, when I was working on the episode 7 tie-fighter re-skin, and wanted to change it like "tie_ep7" and when i changed everything and wanted to spawn in game "npc spawn vehicle tie_ep7" nothing happened. Also i wanted to try making the Rebels TIE fighter skin, without affecting the other TIE Fighter models, but it's not quite possible with the basic vehicle of TIE Fighter, because the Rebel's tie got one "normal/basic" wing and the other is colored in the orange-yellow stylized design.

making the rebels Tie is possible aswell - jsut need to adjust the .skin file

If you couldn't make a file that didn't overwrite the original then you did something wrong because it's very much possible. If nothing happened when you typed in the console to spawn your TIE fighter then the problem is more than likely in the .npc and .veh files.

• 1 month later...

Well i have renamed them, but maybe that is not the right way to do it? Could you suggest anything else, that will change those files to "tie7" so it works?

Not in that PK3 you uploaded. In the tie7.veh file nothing was changed.

Change the top line that says "tie-fighter" to "tie7" and the "model tie-fighter" line to "model tie7"

dark_apprentice likes this