Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

Darth Vader is dead. But we might see him either as a hologram or a memory from someone, who lived during the Empire.

Also:

It was said, that Kylo Ren might be holding the damaged helmet of Vader, recovered from Endor. Another character (the cyborg friend of Rey) is collecting various relics and the helmet might be in his posession

Well maybe a force vision or as the movie developers call it flash back.Now who out of cast members would be able to fit the size of 6ft.Another thing is I wonder what the movie poster is going to be like, the overall length of the movie and if its going to be good or turn out like the Star Wars version of Star Trek the Final Frontier.

I don't want to see Hayden's ghost sitting on a rock somewhere... I'd rather see a Vader hologram, but that doesn't make sense to me.. and it would be cheesy to have one of the young actors

visiting the cave in Dagobah - or a similar place - and encounter a fake Vader as a trial of some sort. A flashback in a dream would be logical... Vader was ruthless and affected many lives..

It's stupid that we waited and waited for Vader's return in the prequels, but all we got was a; "Noooooooooo !! " Padmééé !! "

Yeah I'm still cheesed off they replaced Sebastian Shaw's force ghost. If Disney had any sense, they would undo the Hayden force ghost for when all 9 blu-rays are released.

A hologram of Vader would work, or maybe one of his holocrons.

Yeah I hope you're right @@DT85; It's makes my brain twist around in my head, trying to think of a reason why would the ghost be of the younger Anakin? instead of the older one, as it was originally done.

The saga is glorious, sad and touching and blah blah...  Anakin was a victim, yes, but replacing the old ghost by saying that Anakin died in EP3 is just too much for me.  Like a kid crying about his new haircut being ugly.

Changing the original Anakin to Hayden, at the end of ROTJ, is altering the movie itself too much. But while they're at it, they could remake the Ben Kenobi vs. Vader fight with stunt doubles.

I never liked that small scene when Obi dies, I liked it less after I saw Luke duelling against Vader at the end of ROTJ ... and I liked it even less after seeing the prequels, it just doesn't add up.

"Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can imagine" - cheesy line but I'd like to keep it. It would just fit the overall saga better if the fight was better choreographed.

Look at  1:23  to better understand why I hate this duel,  the actors point their saber towards the cameras way too much, so not only is the fight boring, it's also badly directed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kpHK4YIwY4

Look at  1:23  to better understand why I hate this duel,  the actors point their saber towards the cameras way too much, so not only is the fight boring, it's also badly directed.

Remember that this was Lucas and crew's first attempt to create a lightsaber duel. They did spectacularly well, considering that the concept had never before been attempted. Also, the conflict is not in the duel, but in the relationship between Vader and Ben.

Aidor and BruceJohnJenner like this

The later movies had better duel scenes than A New Hope.The lightsaber duels in the Force Awakens better not be short as above but more like the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi mixed with Episodes 1 through 3 for faster movement if they wanted to.

I hope at long last, we are blow away with the lightsaber skills of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker-- it better top Darth Maul fight fight Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on Naboo.  Even how Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon handled their lightsabers dealing with the droids on Naboo... just give me something other than a medevial knight swinging a broadsword... or the little tappy-tap exchanges in Ep. 4.

I bet he's not even going to be using his saber, but rather the Force. Yoda is no longer part of the new Trilogy, unless he approaches someone as a ghost, Luke trained with him longer than we see on film,

so in my mind, it would be logical that Luke would have now reached a level closer to Yoda, or even gone beyond it. He should be able to list atleast 3 x-wings from any swamp, maybe even the Falcon.

Not a spoiler; After some 30years since the great battle against the Empire, after the glorious Victory, Luke Skywalker is a Legend all over the galaxy. A perfect Disney Hero, I would say..

Here's a Person worth following on Facebook; Robert Bailey (artist) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Bailey/432598310157563

Some five years ago, George Lucas came across Robert’s aviation art website and asked him to work on Star Wars. Now Robert Bailey is a licensed Star Wars and Disney artist.

There are plenty of amazing looking, hand drawn art uploaded on his page, including new X-Wings from The Force Awakens, that are named “Attacking Force” and “Low Level Attack.”

I wouldn't say that you can find anything 'leaked' on his website or his FB page, but at the same time, I am kinda hoping that he will draw something more revealing about the new movie.

X_Wings.jpg

NumberWan likes this

Where are the rest of the Alliance/Republic starfighters so far we've seen X-wings, but wheres the rest of the arsenal used by them not to mention the amount of capital ships they had present at Endor.After 30 or so years the Alliance/Republic should have a lot of starships still in working condition same goes for the Empire.

NumberWan likes this

@DrXann

Obviously they show only a few things of many. Besides the things we might already know (the new X-Wings, TIE fighters, modified Y-wing bombers, Imperial shuttles and others), they are sure to include very new craft - there are already lots of rumours regarding the concepts only, describing the appearance of the yet mysterious vessels.