ME3 Geth

Not playing a fabulous series just out of spite that you didn't get a completely different game you want is just a loss to you. The Mass Effect series is truly amazing.

On that note, geth has decided to join the N7 program!

wix4Q.png

(I'm mostly just screwing around with the textures until he's fully rigged.)

Garyn Dakari likes this

The first (and last) BioWare game I ever played was Dragon Age 2. Needless to say, if every game is as much of a sausagefest as that one...not interested in what you're selling, Casey Hudson.

Don't even think that Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect is anything alike. I know DA2 was a disappointment too many, but Mass Effect is way way better. Also, different dev teams.

@@Inyri: awesome! Don't forget the N7 logo.

Inyri likes this

The first (and last) BioWare game I ever played was Dragon Age 2. Needless to say, if every game is as much of a sausagefest as that one...not interested in what you're selling, Casey Hudson.

Pretty sure it's only a sausagefest if you choose to romance the same sex. Got a confession, eezstreet?

Pretty sure that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. Could be because you don't get any romanceable female characters until about halfway through... But hey, if you want to be all OMG PENIS MUST EXPRESS MY INSECURITY that's cool.

Also if you play a female character that means lots of totally straight romance options. I don't hear you complaining about lesbian romance options either.

Cloud Senatu likes this

Pretty sure that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. Could be because you don't get any romanceable female characters until about halfway through... But hey, if you want to be all OMG PENIS MUST EXPRESS MY INSECURITY that's cool.

Also it had a pretty boring quest system (go to town, go other places and kill people, go back, rinse and repeat) and a lack of likeable characters. Except for that dwarf guy. He was kinda cool I guess.

As for the homosexual references in the game, well, that's what happens when you promote an insignificant writer to be the top of the game writing department. She's also a major dick, from what I've heard.

It's just a little scratched here and there at the moment. I was thinking of a more ancient-and-falling-apart-ish variant. :P

Legion fits into this http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110131161255/masseffect/images/7/7e/Legionstanding_pc.jpg

Also great looking shots! Maybe some more color variants? Legion Assassin is blue and Geth Juggernaut is Red (team colors!). There's a bunch of different Geth color variants http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Geth#Subtypes

Offtopic, I know, but hear me out. Dragon Age 2 is a disappointment, I know! Why not check out a masterpiece by Bioware?

http://baldursgate.com/

They're making a "new" (not really, same game, same graphics I assume, just more compatibility with newer OP-systems, and new quests and characters!) version of it, check it out.

Ontopic: That HUD, I want it. I want it really bad. I likes it, and I wants it. We can do it the easy way, or the hard way.

Might've missed the download for that HUD... but... can I have it...?

Tell you what, guys. Before I release it I'll post up the glm and a simplified PSD file with just the texture and adjustment layers so that, if you want, you can make some reskins to include with the release. That way you get your favorite color combo in the package AND you get your name in the readme. ;)

Also yes, I made the HUD. I could probably just go ahead and release it I suppose. Unless anyone has any last-minute suggestions.

Garyn Dakari and Cloud Senatu like this

Any time you see my raptr thing say I've played Jedi Academy you can safely assume I'm testing a mod lol. Also as you can see below I totally forgot the HUD wasn't done.

New texture - this one is to match the color scheme I use personally in MP.

XvxUA.jpg

As promised, I've put together a very simple PSD for anyone to submit skins. There are three components (so far) to each of the skins I'm making: the main texture map, a specular map, and a glow map. So for example to get what I just posted above I created a main texture map that was black with green stripes (stripe style 2), a green specular map, and a green glow map. I'm probably going to be tweaking the glow maps a bit so I'm not including them, but if you have something interesting in mind they're very simple and I can tweak them for you.

The way this file work is that the main texture (the white and black I've been showing off through progress updates) is at the very bottom. There are then six adjustment layers above it and each of these adjustment layers corresponds to an adjustable color in Mass Effect 3.

Four of the layers are broken into two parts: color and contrast. I did this because when modifying the colors myself sometimes they'd turn out washed out or unrealistic, so sometimes modifying the contrast a little will help make it look better.

So what you need to know as follows:

Stripe 2: This layer represents the stripe style 2 from ME3. This is where the stripes are kind of... tribal? So to speak.

Stripe 1: This layer represents the stripe style 1 from ME3. These are the solid lines.

Primary: This is the color adjustment layer for the primary color of the geth. These are the parts that are currently white (the armor plating).

Primary Contrast: Adjusts the contrast of the primary section of the model.

Secondary: This is the color adjustment layer for the secondary color of the geth. These are the parts that have been grey. This does not include the fleshy bits of the model - I've not made those adjustable.

Secondary Contrast: Adjusts the contrast of the secondary section of the model.

For those of you who might not be photoshop savvy let me explain exactly how these work. The contrast layers are a bit more straightforward. When you select them you'll see a tab (for me it's a window right above the layers palette) that has two sliders - one for brightness and one for contrast. Slide them around. If you're like "oh n0ez i broke it!" just set both sliders back to 0 and you're back where you started. No messy numbers of undo's to do! The color (or, to be specific, hue/saturation) adjustment layers work the same way, although there are more sliders. There is a hue slider, a saturation slider, and a lightness slider. As far as I know the lightness on the hue/sat and the brightness on the contrast layers do the same thing, but they stack, so if you want a REALLY bright geth or a REALLY dark one you can set them both really high or low. I have already checked the 'colorize' box which allows color to be added to the layers so no need to worry about that. Other than the stripe layers, each layer is set to a setting that has it basically having no affect. Set it back to these default settings (all zero) to start over.

(Psst, double checked and the adjustment layers do not work in gimp. Sorry non-photoshop peeps.)

OK CLASS, QUESTIONS!? No? Download away.

If nobody makes anything I'll just release a bunch of hideous skins with the package. The download is about 5mb, which is a fraction of what the one I'm using is. 8)