ME3 Geth

So I had this fantastic idea that totally didn't work out the way I wanted it to. I was planning to use the head/lower/torso area of the customization screen to set colors for the stripes/secondary/primary colors. Until I realized/remembered that color can't be set independently across those three categories. So the alternative if we want custom colors unfortunately is to settle with just customizing one piece, or doing some fancy shader magic (hopefully, or the PK3 will be HUGE) to offer some other color options.

Thoughts? I can also completely drop the idea and go with the skins we have. I'm honestly not sure how much people do (or would) use the customization screen in MP.

The PK3 is like... heug btw. Liek xbawks. I can probably optimise a *little*, but w/o the species stuff it's about 9 and a half megs, with the species pieces it was pushing 15.

I've already got a few other weapon models in the works. As for player models I'm not sure - they take a LOT of effort and energy, so I'm not going to make any promises.

In other news, @@Ruxith - your geth await. Thanks for the PSD's - I fixed up the missing spots with the new textures I finished yesterday. :)

i2guh.jpg

I already realized that we need one of these:

ME3_Geth_Hunter.png

So expect another stripe pattern incoming before release. (It'll be a skin only, no mesh alterations.)

Ok, so here's what I expect the final skin list to be (only one of these hasn't been completed yet):

Created by me:

• geth trooper (me3)
  • geth trooper (me1)
  • geth trooper red (kind of like a prime)
  • geth trooper blue
  • geth rockettrooper
  • geth hunter
  • geth trooper (black/red stripes)
  • geth trooper (black/green/green stripes)
  • geth pyro
  • legion (pre-big ass hole)

Contributed:

• one skin by Cloud Senatu
  • one skin by Veilor
  • five skins by Ruxith

That's seventeen skins total so far. Think that's enough? Seriously, though, just because there's already a shit ton of skins doesn't mean we can't add more. Feel free to continue contributing submissions or ideas until I release! :D

Just as a heads up, the release will be delayed slightly because during testing we noted that having more than 2 or 3 geth on screen effectively took my framerate from 90fps to 30fps, so we're going to look into definitely adding some LOD's before release.

Testing this was very amusing, though.

UaJpK.jpg

Just as a heads up, the release will be delayed slightly because during testing we noted that having more than 2 or 3 geth on screen effectively took my framerate from 90fps to 30fps, so we're going to look into definitely adding some LOD's before release.

Testing this was very amusing, though.

This explains why Steam keeps popping up to tell me your playing JKA lol