If you could change Rosh Penin,...

She was speaking a form of mandolorian, though it was just recycled lines from the Twi'lek language. There was almost no point to add her in the game in the first place.

Moocha shaka baka...

Yeah right..

Hmm... if you ask me, a character like Ahsoka (later in the series) would be fantastic. A kickass Padawan that you look up to at the beginning of the game, who then suddenly turns on the Jedi Academy and joins the dark side (with good reason, of course), to your great shock/surprise. That would have made the plot a lot more emotionally involving. First there needs to be a connection between the player and the supporting character, and then the sudden twist happens to stir things up. It would have made the dark side ending a lot more interesting, as well as the light side.

Rosh's role/performance is key in that regard. I honestly didn't feel much when I chose to kill him -- maybe relief :P -- in the game. It should have felt a lot more tragic...

KOTOR

...like Juhani's, Mission's, or Carth's death in KOTOR.

But I think we may be too used to his whiney butt by now, that JKA would not be the same without him. That said, I would welcome voice acting alternatives. Not just for Rosh, but for all the characters; especially female Jaden -- she has as much expression in her voice as a rock, and let's not mention the acting...

Even Bob Bergen's voice acting was absolutely awful. Which leads me to believe that the audio production was kept on an all-time-low budget with horrible management. I'm pretty sure there was close to zero quality control involved.

Edit: What's funny is that they kept the voice actor for Rosh to appear later in KOTOR, though in a more fitting role (the arrogant and annoying antagonist, Brejik). LucasArts was recycling many of their voice actors -- which is nice to see happen for the actors.

• 1 month later...

Hmm... if you ask me, a character like Ahsoka (later in the series) would be fantastic. A kickass Padawan that you look up to at the beginning of the game, who then suddenly turns on the Jedi Academy and joins the dark side (with good reason, of course), to your great shock/surprise.

Didn't they do that to Barriss Offee in TCW? She was right you know, not head on, but still right.

But returning to topic - I wouldn't change anything about Rosh. He's overconfident, impatient, and cowardly - those are the reasons he turned to the Dark Side. I think he's a good character that is supposed to be annoying (so as to show how good a jedi Jaden is for forgiving him).

Jaden - now that's a character I'd change. (at least, the male voiceover)

I've noticed that the game is somewhat sexist and even a bit gay: the main good guys are male, the main baddies are female; in the post-training cutscene Jaden gets upset like a girl (or at least, a kid); Jaden is unresponsive to Alora's flirting (and I doubt it's a Jedi thing since Kyle has it with Jan, and Luke has it with Mara); Tavion's acting like an unsatisfied lover...

Cerez likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

ye we need some wookie jedis

I actually tweaked Chewie's npc file so he uses Kyle's Lightsaber with the color set to random instead of a Bowcaster

Although it does break some of the cutscenes, such as when Chewie gives Jaden a noogie, he's suddenly standing in midair and you're getting kicked in the face

I also changed Luke and Kyle's lightsabers so the color is random as well

There's nothing scarier than fighting against a Kyle with a pink/purple lightsaber and he is utterly mopping the floor with your face

-

A fun "fix" for Rosh was tweaking his NPC file so he's not a pushover

He also looks pretty good in black

the_raven likes this

I've never felt comfortable with the Dark Side endings of Star Wars games, so I rarely ever kill him

If I want to fight Kyle, I'll just spawn kyle and use "playerteam free"

And then get utterly trounced by him because I made him next-to-unkillable and his saber deals 3x more damage than any other in the game...

I might not like Rosh as a character, but the concept is interesting

The most irritating thing about him is his voice

Cerez likes this

Actually, I think that's the only really irritating thing about him. And the gel hairdo -- which a reskin can easily fix. Otherwise he makes for an interesting student companion/rival.

I agree, it's his voice and cocky taunts that drive people shiz. I would love to play the game with Rosh's lines properly re-recorded (in good quality) by another actor, where he is given a more realistic student/rival act.

It's a lot of work, but it'd be one of the greatest fan mods that ever happened to JKA.

Hahaha! Not sure even about that... :P

The one from EY4 is not so cocky and whiny... XD

I would love to see Rosh's lines turned into something that resembles the rivalry between Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee.  ^_^ Something that is more realistic with the Dark Side turn, that makes more sense.

I would gladly volunteer to write his new script/lines, but I can't voice act them.

Hahaha! Not sure even about that... :P

The one from EY4 is not so cocky and whiny... XD

I would love to see Rosh's lines turned into something that resembles the rivalry between Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee.  ^_^ Something that is more realistic with the Dark Side turn, that makes more sense.

I would gladly volunteer to write his new script/lines, but I can't voice act them.

I would be immensely fond of that idea. Overwriting Jaden's at the same time would offer up a lot of opportunity!

Today I was having a tinker with him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Mrs0nU18s

Cerez, McGroose and Onysfx like this

I would be immensely fond of that idea. Overwriting Jaden's at the same time would offer up a lot of opportunity!

Today I was having a tinker with him...

That already sounds 15 times better than Rosh's normal whiny voice, hahaha! ^_^

Let's do this, seriously! :winkthumb: It would totally revive the single-player experience! New Jaden and Rosh dialogue that matches the events in the game and actually makes sense, rationally and emotionally. I'm so in on this!