If you could change Rosh Penin,...

Rosh is an obnoxious hypocrite who most people would grow a disliking for by the time the Hoth mission starts.

Escape From Yavin IV, while not utilizing the best audio equipment to record his new lines, presents a new version of Rosh that's 5X better than his previous vanilla JKA self.

I would be immensely fond of that idea. Overwriting Jaden's at the same time would offer up a lot of opportunity!

Today I was having a tinker with him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Mrs0nU18s

That... surprisingly looks so much better. You really should consider editing all of his lines and making a full mod for this. I'd download it.

I can't tell what it is about this version of Rosh I like the best, that his voice no longer sounds high pitch and whinny, or the fact that I've grown such a disliking for his face that seeing literally anyone else in his spot is an improvement. 

I didn't touch Jaden's voice but I'd thought about it. I am going to go through all of Rosh's dialogue and release a Kel Dor update relatively soon. The model Rosh is using in the video was a place holder, so it will be changing. :)

One can always replace Rosh with a Rodian (or a Jawa) and add their native tongue instead of Galactic Basic. =)

I remember there was a model of new Rosh, which looked more like Anakin Skywalker in Episode II. It had similar clothes design, but closer to old Jedi robe, same colors of it, of hair and eyes. I never tried it in game, so I don't know how would that work out together.

By the way, did you know, that the gang leader Brejik in KOTOR was voiced by the same actor?

In SWTOR the swoop track on Taris was known as Brejik's Run.

Brejik.jpg

By the way, did you know, that the gang leader Brejik in KOTOR was voiced by the same actor?

Brejik.jpg

I knew the former. That was actually a better role for that actor, being an annoying and self-obsessed villain.

I feel that Rosh could really use a real Dark Side influence, and be turned into a more in-depth character through a comprehensive mod. That would create a story where the player is actually emotionally moved by what plays out between the characters for a change. Rosh wouldn't just be some stupid kid messing around, but a worthy friend and rival instead, who is tempted by the Dark Side. Then, what happens to him would matter more as well.

One can always replace Rosh with a Rodian (or a Jawa) and add their native tongue instead of Galactic Basic. =)

I remember there was a model of new Rosh, which looked more like Anakin Skywalker in Episode II. It had similar clothes design, but closer to old Jedi robe, same colors of it, of hair and eyes. I never tried it in game, so I don't know how would that work out together.

Brejik.jpgc

Rosh Penin's Voice Actor has also played Dustil.

NumberWan likes this