MBII in chunks.

This is a rather unusual request, and I don't expect anyone to do it. I want to re-install Movie Battles II, but I have an unstable internet connection that will inevitably fail before the download completes (I've already tried several times). Can somebody upload the mod in individual pieces that I can download one at a time? I would post this in the MBII forums but my browser doesn't like them. (Security certificate issue.)

This is a rather unusual request, and I don't expect anyone to do it. I want to re-install Movie Battles II, but I have an unstable internet connection that will inevitably fail before the download completes (I've already tried several times). Can somebody upload the mod in individual pieces that I can download one at a time? I would post this in the MBII forums but my browser doesn't like them. (Security certificate issue.) 

Ever tried download manager?

About the certificate issue, you're most likely using an outdated browser, you should just add it as exception and browse the site normally. If you're using Windows XP then, well, time to upgrade.

I agree, download manager, I had a similar problem with large files xD. I use IDM for all my downloads, however IDM isn't freeware. There are tons that are though.

@@eezstreet

I've been looking for an alternative browser myself, can you recommend me the one you use? (I'm planning on using firefox perhaps)

Yes, but is the most widely used browser so not supporting it is going to look bad.

Remember when IE8 was a thing, and it didn't receive a major update in 10 years, holding back some of the more important advancements in JavaScript and CSS. I remember that. :P

My issues with Chrome are strictly related to how it handles security:

- It will prevent access to sites using SHA1 HTTPS in the next 10 years, which can be frustrating on internal networks and older websites.

- It complains about downloading some files on SourceForge and other sites with the same message as it would with certain types of viruses. This does nothing but spread ignorance.

- It complains when a file isn't commonly downloaded, making you click through menus in order to keep the file.

- It saves personal details and passwords automatically if the user ignores the (very small) prompt asking if they want to save them.

- NO data wiping feature like Firefox has (Can wipe history, cookies, bookmarks etc for 5 minutes, two hours or 24 hours)

- There was a big scandal a year or two where companies bought out popular add-on companies and released updates which contained viruses and adware. Since Chrome auto-updates add-ons without prompting the user, and they don't check add-on updates for viruses, millions of computers became infected for (what appeared to be) no reason.

- There's many fraudulent mirrors for Chrome which are actively advertised at the top of Google searches for it, ironically enough.

- Google states in their TOU for Chrome add-on/app development that they reserve the right to alter (read: Sabotage) apps after they are released on Google Play (or whatever it's called, I forget)

I don't support Google development really at all, as their software to me seems impractical and politically motivated. I like to have my software 'just work', without someone else telling me how I should be browsing, thanks. Same goes with Gmail, which fucks with my school email and won't let me read it unless I merge two accounts. Google ought to just stick to search engines, maps, and as a neutral source of information, like code base hosting. They aren't that great at much else to me, really.

Circa likes this
  • 1 month later...