Trandoshans

In JK2 strings, you can find some unused dialogue mentioning that Trandoshans were supposed to spawn in the bar on Nar Shaddaa. Also, you can find metallic bolt ammo on ns_starpad.

Should I introduce Trandoshans to the NS levels? If so, where? Currently they only spawn in one actual level (Bespin Streets) so that makes them seem kinda out-of-place in terms of gangsters.

EDIT: And I mean, just in general we need some more variety to the gangster line. I'd like to see some variation in the Rodian skins so that there's some with darker hues than others, and that there's lots of different weequay skins and gran skins. Discuss.

Boothand likes this

I think 2 or 3 Transdoshans would be a great addition-- but I think they should not all be wearing similar flightsuits. Other species that I'd suggest adding might be:

Chiss

Kubaz

Duros

Zabraks

Might look better to have some female species as well. I think some aliens (perhaps the Duros?) should be "innocent" nuetral bystanders caught in the cross-fire (taking cover behind broken tables, etc.). The females should scream and flee... just a few thoughts.

I'd throw the Trandoshans anywhere, really, in those levels. According to Wookiepedia they allied themselves with the Empire early on so you never know where they could end up. I thought about using two-four as personal body guards for my Commander in my project.

Indeed, I think so as well. Thoughts on the current models? I mean, they don't actually look -that- bad. I'd just like to see more variety in them. Seeing the same green aliens using the same weapon gets a bit uh...awkward.

Even things like simple reskins wouldn't be all that bad.

Circa likes this

I have a devaronian mercenary @@DT85 could easily carry that head over to a few other models if I didn't have to reweight the imported models, which is what kept me from putting that head on other models

I could slap it onto my Jedi HM. :)

Nice work all. :)

For the mercenaries, I was thinking of reskinning the base skins in such a way that they can be mixed-and-matched. Take the Rodian for example:

Heads:

- Base JK2

- Base JKA 1

- Base JKA 2

- Base JKA 3

(Color variants: Dark green, regular, light green, light grey/green, brown/green, orange/green, orange/brown)

Torso/Legs:

- Base JK2

(Color variants: white/RGB, light yellow/RGB, light blue/RGB, light green/RGB, light red/RGB, light purple/RGB, black/RGB)

Vests:

- Base JK2

(Color: base brown, light brown, dark brown, black, dark red)

Accessories:

- Boots and Gloves

- or -

- Shoes

This is a rough idea and might be overkill, but I'm all for variety.

Boothand and Bek like this

Nar Shaddaa comes immediately after getting your lightsaber. There's strong evidence which points to Trandoshans being in the level at some point (Unused dialogue subtitles for the bar, and there's metallic bolt pickups in Starpad which can't be picked up) but for whatever reason they were moved fairly late in development (I'd reckon pretty close to right before promotional material was created).

I was thinking of altering the weapon progression slightly in order to compensate for this, and I have a couple of different options:

- Remove snipers from Streets and Hideout. Disruptor is now available from Starpad onward. Repeater is now available in NS Streets

- Add blaster-toting Trandoshan to the bar and leave progression as-is (lame)

- Same as above option, but replace that Gran at the beginning of Starpad with a repeater-bearing Trandoshan. This would also make the fights involving Lando on Starpad to be less stupidly difficult since you can blow groups away using alt fire.

Either way, the progression is pretty fucked as is. You get the disruptor, and then don't get a new weapon until Bespin Streets. You then get the Flechette in the next level. Then you don't get another new one until Cairn Assembly. Then you get one again in the next level (Reactor). This is pretty messed up imo. The progression ought to be pretty consistent in pace.

Nar Shaddaa comes immediately after getting your lightsaber. There's strong evidence which points to Trandoshans being in the level at some point (Unused dialogue subtitles for the bar, and there's metallic bolt pickups in Starpad which can't be picked up) but for whatever reason they were moved fairly late in development (I'd reckon pretty close to right before promotional material was created).

I was thinking of altering the weapon progression slightly in order to compensate for this, and I have a couple of different options:

- Remove snipers from Streets and Hideout. Disruptor is now available from Starpad onward. Repeater is now available in NS Streets

- Add blaster-toting Trandoshan to the bar and leave progression as-is (lame)

- Same as above option, but replace that Gran at the beginning of Starpad with a repeater-bearing Trandoshan. This would also make the fights involving Lando on Starpad to be less stupidly difficult since you can blow groups away using alt fire.

Either way, the progression is pretty fucked as is. You get the disruptor, and then don't get a new weapon until Bespin Streets. You then get the Flechette in the next level. Then you don't get another new one until Cairn Assembly. Then you get one again in the next level (Reactor). This is pretty messed up imo. The progression ought to be pretty consistent in pace.

That whole Starpad level I really didn't enjoy very much to be honest, especially the horde of thugs you have to defeat. I'd vote for the Repeater-bearing Trandoshan.

I think snipers are kind of needed on the streets. There are so many distant areas where they would fit in. But I'm all for adding the Trandoshans in.

I actually wouldn't mind the Trandoshans to have Concussion rifles again. Like they did in DFII and Dark Forces. I'd really like Outcast and Academy to reflect back to the prior ones.