assassins creed models

If you're wondering what's taking so long, I spent the last 2 days watching tutorials on painting and sculpting fabric folds, and am now adding some really cool details to him, instead of depending on the community to reskin him to look right. I also learned a lot about the projection master in Zbrush and the Rendermap funstion in Softimage and am having to adjust some uv maps accordingly. So I cant rig him until I get a final version of the uv's going. This guy is going to turn out pretty damn cool. It also has been quite a learning experience and as soon as I am done here, I am going to go beat the brakes off my Starkiller body with some really nice techniques. I also am trying to fix up his collar and gunbelt in a way that will deform with the best results, so patience I am not working on anything but this model until it's done. I see my only snag being getting his shoulders rigged correctly, but I will face that demon at the end. I really can't wait to get back to Starkiller with these techniques. 

Nick00105 likes this

is it finished antime within this week? it looks awesome the nose ring just bugs me a bit

Anything like that can be taken off. Or should I say will not be there unless you add it in the skin file. I'm just kind of nitpicking at it right now. I'd like to revisit his hat, face, pants, and hands before I start rigging to make sure my uv's will work for me. Let's see what it looks like tomorrow after a bit of texturing. I'm killer sick right now and in the middle of a big move but sure I'd say this week sounds about right

Alright screw it I'll start rigging him now. The guns, beard, and gun belt arent textured, but the uv maps are there and I can go ahead and start on it until I finish those

oq8e.jpg

I still want to repaint his face, and add some folds to his pants, but it can all be done later I want to get him started to go ingame and get some looks at what I'm dealing with here

have u ever rigged something? its not fun. here let me put it into perspective for you. slowly pull your teeth out and snort them one at a time. now extract them from your nasal cavity and reimplant them in place. do this twice. consider that all your tags and heirarchy and correct subdivisions to reduce deformation issues. now you can START the rigging process of enveloping and weight painting. which is like painting a squirrel ever so precisely while its running.. now go through and test it all and make sure everything deforms correctly (or repeat step 1 I should say). Now do all this while having a life and being bothered XD

Lizfizz likes this