AngelModder - Darth Vader

Ok so here it the force unleashed version SO FAR, this is only a couple of hours so hopefully Ill have this version done by morning. Although I am not on to rush detail.

Ok so to express some concerns I saw in previous posts. Firstly the TFU face has been updated, making the gashes more gashy less scars as some research thanks to a friend revealed that on the canon depiction of the gentle giant bust they are still open on his head and cheek just less raw looking and a bit healed. I will create 2 variants of this, one with his normal eyes, and one as you see it here with the sith eyes going on. This is for RP and choice effect. I am really trying to give the players lots of options. 
To address the concerns on the episode 6 face, I have gone with what george lucas has deemed canon not what is seen in the movies. The actor who played vader in episode 6 for the death seen was not a chunky fella, but the breather and mask were acctually to small for him, which is why he looks so tubby. I have instead choosen to go with the life size lucas arts bust of what he looks like. The issue with the eyes... On this note I decided to stick with what has been deemed canon, watered down blue/grey... as his retinas etc had been severally damaged from being burned, they too like most of him had never fully recovered. (how the decided to this changed there color I dnk) but I am not going to argue it, ill stick with the fan boy choice and they will remain as they are, not bright blue. The only reason he is described as having bright blue eyes is due to Hayden, if u ever look at some one who is older and has blue eyes, they like the pics I showed, look watered down and have a touch of grey... Your eye color does change as you age. I will again as I said go witht eh fanboy choice on this and stick to canon, not whats thought to be canon due to Hayden.

Another issue I would like to address is there are limitations to what I can do with this model... The actual robe part is modeled out so in game at certain angles you will see a pop up effect, however this was almost unnoticed by everyone until I pointed it out, and even then it didn't seem to bother any one much. For the cybernetics, I am doing the best I can. Theirs limited resources on what or how these things were exactly made, I have a few shots from TFU and a diagram and some Ep 3 being built shots... I will do the best I can on the arm. I plan to try and make it alpha channel so you can see through parts. I did not do this with the leg however, as the actual parts that would be see through are hardly visible once your in game. Not a laziness thing but more of practicality and due to the design of his legs it looked weird. The arms however are more form fitting so I should be able to pull off some thing cool! 

On the note of his boot, I had to leave it partially intact on the left leg, this is because the knee peace if turned off or alpha allows you to see into the model. A choice I may go with is to make that knee bit look like part of the cybernetics and allow me to damage the actual boot further.I also will be doing a bit more work on the actual point where the cybernetic attaches.

Please if you post some thing make sure you have canon lucas art approved resources as reference as that is what I am going with. Not being rude, but fan art etc and toys generally are off on many details. 

Any ways enough rambling heres the darn picture! XD

theforceunleahedALPHA.jpg

A TFU head texture was already done, I can fetch it for you as a reference.

As for the EP6 head, make him look a bit more lumpy, lot more desaturated, black-eyed, wrinkly, tear into his head a bit more (I know--gruesome. Star Wars, right?), make his scars look a bit more deranged, and uh.

Oh yeah. Makes his eyes more blue rather than dark side-ish looking, and give them a feel of undisguised weariness and regret. As for different chronologies when he has a different mood, then he might look a bit more like Malak...

Sorry if this seems like a little much for you, I'm just trying to suggest, that's all. I'll get you a picture of the TFU version of Vader movie duels 2 made.

Ah, and on a last note, he looks a bit more like a booger in Episode V--that's judging by the ugly scene we see of him in his Meditation Chambers.

I have also seen this movie battles 2 one, it was horrible. XD.... I dnk where they got there sources but THAT was far from accurate. And they also did nothing to fix any of the rest of the skin, they just tore into toshis textures and never gave any thought to realism or canon. While this model limits us from going all out it can still give a basic idea. 

Also before any one points this out yes I will do the cap and everything else for this version... XD This is just a couple hours of work...

I remember back in the day when I first joined movie battles dev team, they took pride and made all there stuff from scratch, seems there quality has definitely taken a hit.

I am also currently making another change to the facial texture, I noticed these eyes look too sinister  *the accrual shadowing etc." I will post up a pic of the new face in a bit. This shot was really just to show how the body is coming along.

And that's not even an in-game shot where the shaders could take effect! :D I still don't like the chest plate or shoulder guards...

I agree, the chest plate doesn't look so good, but I'm totally looking forward to the shaders you're going to add on it xD.

But dat face....wow....

Here it is the A new hope Vader -  Ive also went through all variations and added the same wool like feel to the robe bits like the cape and skirt have. Also the ANH version has its own movie accurate chest box/lighting theme/and belt lights. In Mod view its all grey as the actual effect is done through the glow maps of course..
I have also finished to new chest plate as seen in this picture. 

ANHVader.jpg

Circa, Lamented, Futuza and 2 others like this

Yea dont worry guys this is still going, weve added species suppouyrt, so far theirs 360 different combos. Plus weve alters the default overwrite saber to overwrite the training blade so u wont have to sacrifice you single_1-9  or w/e. Also weve given it NEW sounds, for many different animations, and given it its own stance... It now (much like vader does) when you have your saber on its your normal standing animation with the blade on. animation "Both_1".

Ill have some pics later today of some default variations, Thanks yo omicron the skin now has a species set up, ravz helped me get the string file working so his name displays properly.

An upcoming variant is Force Ghost Darth Vader. 

AngelModder

Circa, Onysfx, Lamented and 1 other like this

Can't wait!

Well it wont be too much longer! :D

Omicon and myself have been working hard to finish this up. Hes been taking care of all the technical stuff for the species and special tricks like the light saber. We added a hilt from Revans light saber pack off Jk2files  http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Revan_Dark_Star_Wars_Hilts;46744 they are a very beautiful collection of hilts! this by far had the most accurate and detailed Vader hilt we could find. The hilt we have included will overwrite Single_3 which is a hideous default hilt any ways so who cares. When you use it it has some pretty cool touches. 

1 - We created a new sound set for it, including ignition/turn off and hum with a much more clearer Darth vVader breathing mixed in. The original idea of this from Jk2files had very quiet sounds as well the ignition and turn off sounds for Darth Vader's lightsaber were inaccurate.

2 - New blocking sounds ( we really like the idea of Vader having his own unique touches in a duel, this really adds to the feel of it) the sounds are replica's of the episode 5 duel Vs Luke Skywalker.

3 - Custom stationary stance. When Vader fights you he doesn't betray what style he will use nor really make any sort of movement generally, he just turns it on... We've replicated this. Now when you turn on the light saber blade or even when using different styles it is the normal standing there animation. Very classical feel to it. Plus when fighting Vader it now adds that touch of mystery as to wth is this guy got in store for me XD!

Any ways here is the pictures! 

Force Ghost Darth Vader (Please dont ask me to make this white...I will slap you, that is just retarded!)

shot2013-12-16_02-21-32.jpg

shot2013-12-16_02-21-03.jpg

This is one of the variants of the species pack, it has normal TFU and then a EP3 variant of TFU effect. Meaning it has a more raw burnt up skin tone, this is still a WIP as is the TFU vader in general. P.S. This pictures did no have the TFU mask on.

This last picture was really just to give an example of how the new hilt makes you look when its turned on.

::EDIT::

Today's changes 

1 - Fix and finished red and blue teams, they now work in game and show up in the character selection properly depending on the team. 

2 - Finished all shader work concerning the new versions.

3 - The red and blue team have team colored capes and skirts. (Dark red and blue, not bright blue and bright red as seen on previous skins LOL.) 

4 - There belt and chest boxes have no animation but instead have a red or blue glow for the lights/buttons to match the team. 

5 - The chest plates silver lines have been replaced with dark red and dark blue.

6 - The shape of the shin guards on all variations has been fixed, theirs no more gap between the shin and the knee part of the model, a mistake I made following toshi's example.

7 - The shin guards also have been altered to match there teams.

8 - Fixed all the default and team skins to run the same new caps as. Updated the shaders for these new caps.

9 - Species heads now have caps.

10 - Species torso's now have caps.

11 - Species lower's now have caps.

12 - Made final touches to ROTS Face texture. 

13 - Made a variant of ROTS Face with none sith eyes for replicating him as he got the mask placed on.

14 - fixed and finished both the EP3 tfu concept body variant and TFU Variant its self. Fixed allot of inconsistencies in armor etc.

15 - Added a new face (this was acctually the original cut of the Ep 6 face.) To give a bit more variety in the species selection. This will be part of the species not a default model. I figured I'd throw this in as it was incredibly detailed, as it was based on the gentle giant bust it does have some canon nature. Despite what is seen in episode 6. This was the face for episode 6 originally posted on here before the recommended changes were put into effect. Again just for variety!
Omicron likes this

I'll try to send to you the rest of the leg skin files tonight Angel, and I'll let you add the caps on them. Also, I think I fixed the ears showing on the helm for main4 and one of the skin files, but not sure. I'll send you what I have in the way of fixes and skin files tonight if I have time, and maybe get some more work done on the hilt as well.