Open Developer Positions

DT.

Ok so off the bat, I'm going to say that if no one helps out with level design then the mod will be halted.

Positions needed:

- Level Designer (proficient with creating levels and able to produce high quality levels)

- 3D Artist (proficient with their software of choice and able to get their creations in-game)

- UI Artist (proficient with creating 2D images for use in JKA's UI and able to work with menu files)

- 2D Artist (proficient with creating 2D images for use in levels)

Post here if you would like to help out. The above positions are in fairly high demand, with the exception of level designer being in extremely high demand.

• 2 weeks later...

Well you already know I'll help wherever I can, both 3d art and animations since Gorc and Pic seem like a fun challenge to bring to life in this engine.

Sucks you can't seem to draw the attention this mod deserves in terms of attracting a good environment artist. I've contemplated for years about learning to map but it would probably take some time to get used to Radiant which would be the main hurdle.

Maybe some advertisement for this mod or any other can be made on the main page whenever one of the hosted mods are looking for staff?

IMO this and MotS have to me always had the highest chance of success as far as a total conversion goes since the base engine already fits so well, just need the art made.

Circa likes this

Maybe some advertisement for this mod or any other can be made on the main page whenever one of the hosted mods are looking for staff?

IMO this and MotS have to me always had the highest chance of success as far as a total conversion goes since the base engine already fits so well, just need the art made.

You mean like a news post or something else?

^Well a project like this needs a few mappers, not just one. It also helps to have different points of view on the levels, some people will spot something someone else may have missed making the quality much better.

There are very few positions in a mod like this where there is just 1 person doing 1 job, the work load is just too much.

DT. likes this

People seem to have a lot of problems running radiant as well as each version being different in ways in which different people will use different versions based on preference. I'm wondering if there is another program that is actively developed that could replace radiant, I always wondered if the valve source hammer editor could work since that engine is based off of q3 and uses .map files.

People have issues running Radiant on W8. As for preference between versions, that doesn't matter for collaboration. The only issue might be if some one works on the tiny grid settings in 1.5.0 and some one on the 1.4/1.6 style opens it and starts editing. However, you really should never ever need to work on such a small scale. In short, no Radiant doesn't need replacing.

I'm wondering if there is another program that is actively developed that could replace radiant, I always wondered if the valve source hammer editor could work since that engine is based off of q3 and uses .map files.

Wrong, Goldsrc/Source are based off of q2, as is evident by the lack of patches.

But agreed, a better editor would rock. Hammer is not much better though, is it? Valve's lack of confidence in it is what led to the creation of the portal 2 editor after all, and if even its developer thinks it lacking that bodes ill.

Radiant 1.6 is fine...just make note of all the issues you're experiencing and report them to the developers and they'll fix it.

Or annoy the hell out of @@mrwonko apparently?

Wait what? Why would you annoy me? I only made them include the JAPack and am otherwise unrelated to the radiant development.

No light preview, no prefab leveling, no layering, no animation preview, no alt drag, no Rot-z bind, no hide unselected, the Maya style free rotation gizmo is only in 1.5.0, glitchy floating windows mode for trying to design on multiple screens, no path spline preview, limited texture browsing convenience(there is none), no auto-caulk feature for bad faces, no terrain meshes, glitchy selection on complex or thickened patches, no control+alt+rclick or cntrl+alt+middlemouse for easy entity clone, no drop entities to floor, no drop vertices to surface, glitchy save as prefab, retarded counter-productive camera scheme for navigation.

I don't understand why GTKradiant is "bad" editor :o  :wacko:  I have no problems with it

Neither have I. It does what it needs to do and nothing more, though I have to say that I prefer the 1.2 version over the 1.4 version . . .

No light preview, no prefab leveling, no layering, no animation preview, no alt drag, no Rot-z bind, no hide unselected, the Maya style free rotation gizmo is only in 1.5.0, glitchy floating windows mode for trying to design on multiple screens, no path spline preview, limited texture browsing convenience(there is none), no auto-caulk feature for bad faces, no terrain meshes, glitchy selection on complex or thickened patches, no control+alt+rclick or cntrl+alt+middlemouse for easy entity clone, no drop entities to floor, no drop vertices to surface, glitchy save as prefab, retarded counter-productive camera scheme for navigation.

So when can we expect MoondogRadiant 1.0 ?? B) B)

Omicron likes this

Signature.jpg

@@mrwonko: @Darth Bothersome went to the Radiant IRC channel and apparently they told him to talk to you about issues in Radiant 1.6, which made me go "wtf?"

no nothing, punk.

@@mrwonko: @Darth Bothersome went to the Radiant IRC channel and apparently they told him to talk to you about issues in Radiant 1.6, which made me go "wtf?"

I guess that's what I get for briefly being active in development there as a ja modder... Well, if it was a Jedi Academy specific radiant question I might actually know best though.

I think it would be nice to just have .map exporting for some of the major 3d packages and only use Radiant as a compiler and for the scripting.

I think we're getting a little off topic though but I would like to discuss more on level design options, if one of the major 3d packages could just build maps that would be amazing since the tools and interface is far superior.