What I plan on doing and some things I was wondering.

As you all are aware, I'm getting back into JKA vids. However there are some things I want to ask all of you, if you all don't mind. Now, eventually I hope, and I heavily emphasize on the word "hope" that I can have a collaboration of mods to tell a story featuring one specific group of "Light" Sith who help the rebellion and the Jedi Order, starting from Dark Forces and ending with Dark Pastime. However there are somethings I'm wondering.

1 - The Dark Forces Mod

I know you guys are focused right now on DT's DFII mod, and although I want to play that, I was wondering if there was any plans to pick up where the previous team left off to finish this mod. Same goes for the MOTS mod after the DFII mod is finished.

2 - A way to modify IBI files.

Now, I really want to modify the script files in some of the mods to give my character what I want him to have in the mission, I.E a Lightsaber, Force Powers, certain weapons, etc. However, I can't do that using Notepad since the computer I use to modify all the stuff can't go on the internet.

3 - A good GLM Importer/Exporter

I've been using Milkshape to make personal versions of some Lightsabers with different textures and different GLM model names, like turning Luke-EP6 GLM into saber_w GLM. However, some models causes Milkshape to crash no matter what format I turn it into first. If anyone can tell me a better program to use than Milkshape, I'd appreciate it.

blender.org

and download the GLM tools off of this site.

Do you have an alternative? Everytime I try to initialize it, it says: The application failed to initialize properly. (0xc0150002). Click ok to terminate the program.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. I just needed to download an update package from the Microsoft Website. I HATE it when I need to do that. X-(

2 - A way to modify IBI files.

Now, I really want to modify the script files in some of the mods to give my character what I want him to have in the mission, I.E a Lightsaber, Force Powers, certain weapons, etc. However, I can't do that using Notepad since the computer I use to modify all the stuff can't go on the internet.

The Jedi Academy SDK contains the source code to all of Jedi Academy's .ibi files, as well as an editor for writing/editing scripts called BehavEd, which just needs to be properly configured.
TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 4 weeks later...