Wanted: An icarus scripter/mapper, and a coder

So, alright. Anyone I can count on?

Therfiles for scripting possibly, but that's all I got so far. Besides scripting and coding I also need a willing tester or two to give me feedback and also point out any odd bugs that might arise for whatever reason. And perhaps a creative person to make some artwork for me, or give me ideas.

I uploaded my files to a sourceforge repository so hopefully that might be of some team-coordination use. Also, if anyone is willing, hop over to my topic on the saber system in general modding discussion, as I need some help brainstorming.

Care to post more about your SP levels? That always peaks my interest.  :D

Uh, well I want to include quite a few. Imperial Outpost, Crash on Tatooine, Eve of Redemption, Valley of the Sith, Deception, a ladder, also probably the Remnant Rocket Train jimmy, just to name a few, all integrated into the menus (aka no having to load separately).

I've already got a couple ingame, I'm just getting lazy and disorganized.

Circa likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

I know how to do cinematic, scripting, etc etc, is very easy use icarus. yu need just the SDK and a lot of experience

building some working map.

for coding, i am again a rookie, me too WANT to create desperately new force power and want edit SP code for thats.

i am doing a mod about legacy of kain and many of vampires skills need to be reprogrammed in the force powers.

:(

however i am sorry, i cannot help you doing your work at your place. i am alone with my mod and no one help me. :(

but... i have a little tool that can be VERY USEFUL TO YOU! is a unique thing! i share with entire forum, i thinks is useful to more people. was done years ago by a man of Unghery called byro laszlo. Is VERY RARE and PRECIOUS. is my ace in my hand! :D

is a tool that read BSP files and show ALL BRUSHES, ALL TEXTURES USED IN A MAP, and ALL entity with spawnflags setting and with linking to targets, to the script of icarus etc etc, Without open a map. for see and use map of JA, yu need to decompile, but decompile the bsp of the game is not hard. need simply to do same little istruction in a batch file creating in gtk radiant folder.

:)

NOTE: Decompiled Map LOSE ALL LIGHTS.

- Some brushes be deformed, if yu recompile a map, the brushes becom,e invisibile in the game or bee removed, a map decompiled and rebuild is full of a lot of crack and holes >.<  and the bad things is: yu CANNOT SEE in map file what brush is damaged, so yu need to rtake screenshot of breaks and correct manually the problem creating new brushes.

but tha'ts can create an entropy trouble: you can resolve an hole craps, and another hole appear in another place. -_-

is veeeery frustrating.

so i suggest you to use decompiled map only for see how work and be programmed, okay? :)

For coding. the only thinbg yu can do is to study c++, make patiente and wait some months for some mod with single player coded hacked with force power edited. and you ciontact the auctorss and ask  of learning.

in this site there is some tutorial about creation of weapons of new force powrer make by eezstrett and in the weapon tutorial thare is on a mr canseco repository that show accurately how to create a new and working weapons in MP with visual C++ and openjk.,.

for the few things i learn at moment, create a weapon is not much bad.

but force power are NASTY.

eezstrett tutorial's are for MP code, NOT for SP, yu need to wait the SP tutorial. :\

i hope, that, if eez or another make a tutorial about sp force power and sp weapons, explain with more detailed alos how to change

the sound, efx and animation maked shooting weapons \ force power. for me is very important that.

But ... look, people can learns to you, but i think no one can do your work at your place.

it's your project.

for my mod i never got much help.

trust me.

if yu want to fing help, maybe yu need to make some forum about your project and find people that can and WANT help you and have time and will of make this. otherwise, your work is only your.

• 2 months later...

Also, the coder position is still up for grabs. I'm slightly more well-versed in C++ now, meaning I can help more and maybe do little things myself, however, I'm not quite a programmer.

EDIT: @redsaurus, would you be interested? If you look at the first post you'll see mostly what I'm trying to do, and I edited it to be more specific