Mara Jade

So she wears a pair of shoulder straps over her bodysuit for no reason?

She's one crazy Mara.

You should see the figure I based the original skin on.  The straps on that figure do NOT connect at the back or at all.  And I think it could easily support a small pack of some kind.

Sweet jesus I'd be sculpting instead of retexturing right now if that were so lol. :P

For JKA, I don't see much of a point to spend time sculpting high res models. It's quicker to make the object and texture it for me.

Not to mention super-duper high res textures would be kind off pointless in a game with such a dated engine.

So, what exactly is left to do?

Sweet jesus I'd be sculpting instead of retexturing right now if that were so lol. :P

For JKA, I don't see much of a point to spend time sculpting high res models. It's quicker to make the object and texture it for me.

You get AO map details that create a solid base to start the texturing process...everything is in the right place so no guess work as to what detail goes where and you get gradient / shadows baked in.

Yeah I know, but I find it's faster to just texture sometimes rather than going through the process of importing/sculpting/texture exporting. I always use AO & cavity for my own creations (ie my original Stormtrooper for StarWars Battlecry), but this model doesn't have any crazy UVW co-ords so I can paint things alot faster and I don't have to worry about normal maps. :P

I would have liked to make my own from scratch, but now there's narshadda to worry about. I'll have a look over Mara tonight and finalise everything, then upload it here. ;)

You can always worry about a version 2 later.  Though I'd like to see how you would design her outfit based on Zahn's descriptions for when you make your own. ;)

EDIT: The suspense is killing me! :D

TheWhitePhoenix likes this