Mara Jade

I'll move the discussion here and show progress when there's something to show. ;)

Current progress:

c37y.th.jpg

Shown with specular textures on. Hair I haven't touched besides the shape.

Now the reason why I'm not making my own is because I'm waiting to see if she's in EP7 and how she will look.

I'll move the discussion here and show progress when there's something to show. ;)

Current progress:

c37y.th.jpg

Shown with specular textures on. Hair I haven't touched besides the shape.

Now the reason why I'm not making my own is because I'm waiting to see if she's in EP7 and how she will look.

lol she won't be in EP7.  That's a pipe dream.

EDIT: Your update looks good, don't forget to fix the pants though, make it look more like a full jumpsuit.

lol she won't be in EP7.  That's a pipe dream.

EDIT: Your update looks good, don't forget to fix the pants though, make it look more like a full jumpsuit.

Every site I've been to says that Mara will probably be in EP7. They can't have Ben Skywalker in it and not have his mother. Sure midichlorins can be influenced to create life, but Luke has no baby cannon so no pulling a Shmi Skywalker. :P

Full jumpsuit you say? Hmmm, I thought it was two bits. Stupid belt being in the way lol. :P

Every site I've been to says that Mara will probably be in EP7. They can't have Ben Skywalker in it and not have his mother. Sure midichlorins can be influenced to create life, but Luke has no baby cannon so no pulling a Shmi Skywalker. :P

Full jumpsuit you say? Hmmm, I thought it was two bits. Stupid belt being in the way lol.  :P

That's the beauty of the texturing though, just gotta match the colors. ;)  It really is a vast improvement already over my retexture, and Mara deserves something this good.  I can't wait to see the final outcome.

As for Mara in Episode VII, I don't think it likely.  For one thing, I know JJ Abrams would prefer to respect the canon, but that doesn't mean the rest of the crew would agree.  For another, we have ancient Mark Hammil, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher.  Going by the actors' ages, this would most likely need to take place way after Jedi, and if they stick with the EU canon, I'd probably place it after Mara's death at the hands of Darth Caedus(seriously, dumbest name ever).  And if they DO have Mara, she will be older Mara with graying hair.  This model/skin should be Mara in her prime. :D

TheWhitePhoenix and DT. like this

Update:

wqrq.th.jpg

With specular on.

Hmmm, maybe I should just make my own now...

Looks great.  About the only things I really see right now are some of the lines on the pants and the armor on the boots(the boots will have to probably be new model).  Both of those are shown on that figure I linked as reference in the other thread.  And it's up to you if you want to start from scratch, but I would like you to get this one out as a v1. ;)

They can't have Ben Skywalker in it and not have his mother.

By the time the characters are the same age as the actors, Mara Jade would have already died. She might be mentioned I would guess. Hopefully a visual flashback or something.

Allowing Darth Caedus to be a possibility =) Which could also explain the "young but not traditionally good looking". Since he will have to have a scarred up face from the Skirmish on Kavan

"She leapt at him and cut him in the cheekbone and chin"

The model looks great. Maybe if you were going to make your own... give it your own creative freedom and personal opinions on how she should look. Reboot her yourself that would be pretty sick to see. Like I'm doing Juno Eclipse

Could you please elaborate on small detailing? Did I miss something lol?

There is some detailing on the inner thighs that you haven't added yet.  And it's up to you if you want to make any additions/subtractions from the belt.

The goggles will be able to be turned off right? I think goggles look silly in anything.

The goggles are part of her cape.  Assuming he's doing a cape-less variant, then the goggles will go away. :P