The pecs are too wide. He doesn't look natural.

This reference image isn't the same outfit, but it shows how his body/torso should be.

starkiller-force-unleashed-22.jpg

So this (with slight outward angle):      |     |

Not this:      \     /

Also, the head still needs work. :P

ChalklYne likes this

Did I get both points? I had already fixed the boots in zbrush. I modeled boots with a bootprint image as my reference for the bottom shape, then finished it while Im takign breaks from working this body. Expect the textures to be cleaned up. 

So proportion wise.. is it more of what you two are explaining?

aeeq.jpg

And yeah I mentioned that this head was just there for sizing and reference for me. Still having problems getting the head I like fitted just right, and I am taking it rather slowly since I dont wanna do it again I'm liking it's topo.

indio_picaro likes this

better yes, although you have a tiny pinching going on right between the chest/stomach where you have those / and \'s under his arms, causing him to still look kinda V shaped even though the shape is a lot better.

Remove the pinching going on and make his overall body shape less like this:

\    /

(   )

and more like this:

\    /

|   |

Not as extreme as these /'s ('s and |'s but you get the point i hope

And the diameter of of the arms right up at the connecting point to the shoulders is still kinda big.

katanamaru and ChalklYne like this

Yes the stain of catsup has been removed and will be painted on later. I am messing with some stuff for work right now, but later I will be making sure everything is lined up and where I want it, then I will be passing it all back through zbrush one more time to make sure there is no seams and fix some of the wonky looking straps. Then Ill make some caps, unwrap and texture those, fit it all nicely to the skele, and spend the next week making sure I have a decent beta version of the head to release on Christmas

katanamaru likes this

Yes the stain of catsup has been removed and will be painted on later. I am messing with some stuff for work right now, but later I will be making sure everything is lined up and where I want it, then I will be passing it all back through zbrush one more time to make sure there is no seams and fix some of the wonky looking straps. Then Ill make some caps, unwrap and texture those, fit it all nicely to the skele, and spend the next week making sure I have a decent beta version of the head to release on Christmas

Alright man, stay cool and take your time--patience is its own gift.

ChalklYne and Barricade24 like this

As for the colors of the straps I disagree, but will make sure they are very close to the ref pics. I am just using ref pics in zbrush as my color palette so the colors will be pretty good, I just have to dodge the lightng and stuff (i.e. the belts look blueish usually, but common sense says that is just leather. I will be doing some really nice things with the shaders that i think will have really nice results, I will most likely get into those the next day or two. Today will be spent mostly on the textures and seems, and making sure everything is lined up accurately enough. I am 100% sure that this will be a beta version, and the actual finished work will be released with the mod. after I finish Starkiller, I am going to export all of my finished models for the other projects, submit those wherever applicable, and then finish rebuilding my TIE Facility. I had to rebuild because I found out some really cool things with dead models, have a totally new system for hints, and found much of the first version to be inaccurate size-wise. Since the entire map is just models, it takes no time to just rearrange them. the time consuming part is all of the windows and things and getting them functioning like tfu, since I have to do each one seperately, and the corner of the hallway has like 2 windows rather close together at different angles which is causing me to kind of take my time. I am hoping to have some sort of a trailer soon. Not much, just some of the progress and how things will function for the first map

negru_tudor likes this

Hey guys... I'm really trying to recruit a skilled texture artist with some time on their hands... Not for anything for this mod particularly, but a side project accompanied with this mod that will not take very much time, and be extremely awesome. Something kinda under wraps for the people who complete the mod, an unlockable if you will... Just a regular texture artist, nothing too fancy is really required you will just need to go back over everything I've textured and add some things in, we will discuss in more in PM's if you are interested. And thank you...

@ what about you? You busy?

messing with some alpha planes

xmg8.jpg