yeah im starting to tread on dangerous ground here with any changes so some are really subtle and un noticed at first to me... good call at any rate.. better?

7vx9.jpg

Is the space between his eyes too wide? should his eyes be closer together?

Better fix up his chin a little, and then make his cheeks just above the chin a little bit fatter, their too sunken in.

what I think:

9E4nZWz.jpg

Looks legit from the side view though.  You could maybe try stretching his whole head so the width is a bit bigger, that might actually help with what I'm pointing out.

JKG Developer

it does I gave up for the night. something about exporting the obj back from zbrush in the lowest subdivision loses too much info. I may have to export to the second lowest resolution... and delete edge loops as I see fit rather that let zbrush do it. i am burnt out on it tonight and will revisit it using this method tomorrow and see if I cant preserve some of those shapes better by deleting edge loops one at a time

also consider the difference in lighting in zbrush including the mass loss of geometry in the export

also in the pisture above it, it is at like 1.5 million polies, when below it is at 1500 XD so it lost a lotttt of data but i think i can preserve some of the important shapes of his face by doing it manually

what I think ill do is export the 2nd lowest subdivision from zbrush then go by and manually delete "unused" edge loops... then I will export the highest level of subdivision (or close to it) and create a rendermap off of that to use for the shading of the lip folds and things like that. Then I will rendermap a completed uv, with a light in the front of starkiller fully lighting his face, then turn the light to the side maybe a bit and reduce it and render that out bump and all and use that for the specular stage in the shader. dont know. will figure that out soon as i experiment

This is your best head yet I think Chalk, well done. :)

I haven't really worked in Zbrush for any game that doesn't have normal maps, but here's what I would do with my limited knowledge (been ages since I've used Zbrush):

- Use decimation master to get it down to a useable poly level then export to OBJ

- Import into XSI, then conform your low poly mesh to it

- Do a cavity/AO/color bake onto the diffuse

I'm thinking you will need to increase the tri count of the face a fair bit to preserve some necessary shadowing otherwise it won't really look anything like your work in Zbrush. Perks of modding JKA lol. :P

hopefully better

u49m.jpg

showing a close up of the texture

7eu9.jpg

Wow! You've reallly come a long way with this guy. Especially when you look at all the past versions you've done. One thing I would recommened fixing up is fix up the area along the eyes, it looks a little bit off and maybe improve the lips a bit. Either way, it has a come a long way. Great job!