• 3 weeks later...

so uhh.. everytime i cut off a limb on the evotrooper it spawns another dead evotrooper. its actually kinda cool lol. but im guessing its a prob with my tags. i just linked them as children of the mesh closest to them, and weighed them to the bone closest to them. am i getting that wrong?

thx 4 the crits mini. looks a lot better

evoclassic4.jpg

evoclassic3.jpg

just need to hand paint a buncha grunge n stuff so he looks a bit more like the ref pics

note* now that i look at it really closely (like i should have in the beginning lol) i notice that i really dont like his helmet. i think its suck lol. ill prolly redo it a bunch. i liked my ears in the beginning, now it just seems out of place and he needs his appropriate ears and breather sides on his helmet. my blunder. plus his forearm armor texture n shape need some tweaking. and his kneepads need a lil shape tweaking too. my problem started from me trying to make him more of a personalized version of the evo trooper. but im no lucas arts concept artist, so the more original i made him, the more screwy he looked lol. ill prolly keep most of him for the incinerator trooper and jump trooper and just change textures and packs

lil more work on the helmet and shape.. should be closer to done besides some grungy texturing

evoclassic6.jpg

plz xcuze my tripple post

i just need to repaint the sides of his helmet that went all blurry when i reshaped em, and paint some grunge n he'll b good to go. besides the dismemberment/tag issue im having

heres some examples of my dismemberment problem in case anyone has any insights. hey mini i worked on the feet as per yer reference pic so it should be more accurate now thx dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQhQVKpTG-M&feature=youtu.be

not done yet i still dont like some of his deforming, and some texturing still to be done... and itd be cool if he didnt regenerate at decapitation. i got the tags linked exactly like the base stormtrooper.

No idea, post the hierarchy from the explorer window in Sofimtage, set it to objects only so we don't see all the nodes.

I think you should get rid of the specular shader, or at least make it almost not there. Something as dirty as the evo troopers suit shouldn't have any shine to it.

• 11 months later...

That looks absolutely amazing, a thing of wonder. You are a magician!

On a semi-related note, what method are you using for the camera rotation around the model in the most recent video? You're in spectator mode from the looks of the zoom in and out, but how did you get such an even, perfect rotation?