This thread was almost a year old without a post. Oh well, that's a good question and I honestly can't think of how he did that...

ACK! I didn't mean to resurrect the post, I just was trying to catch up on all the updates on JKhub. Its so amazing to see what people are working on. Is the file still in limbo?

Circa likes this

nah evo's done. i just use cameraandtimescript

feel free to resurrect any of my poosts if u have any concerns or questions or ideas. I havent officially wrapped him up, because as I am progressing, I am realizing that a bunch of his textures are shit and i will be repainting many of my models in zbrush before I release the mod. thank you for your positive feedback.

Circa likes this

nah evo's done. i just use cameraandtimescript

feel free to resurrect any of my poosts if u have any concerns or questions or ideas. I havent officially wrapped him up, because as I am progressing, I am realizing that a bunch of his textures are shit and i will be repainting many of my models in zbrush before I release the mod. thank you for your positive feedback.

I looked into that script, it is pretty darn epic. Thank you.

I have to commend you on how much of a perfectionist you are. You keep working and working, and on so many different things too... The Tie facility, T3-M4, Force Unleashed characters. It is hard to keep humility but you do it well.

And the Evo trooper is just one more reason for me to be excited for the eventual mod.

• 1 month later...

So I have that EVO Trooper done, but it's kinda meh to me so I rebuilt him and will be releasing the rebuilt one with the mod, and the one you see in the video above in the next little while once I get his fingers set right I screwed them up. But I'll let this guy go and maybe even the old version of proxy before he was rebuilt I still have his gla as well. I'll let you guys have those to retexture and screw with while I finish the rest of this. here is the rebuilt one.

rwnm.jpg

vjhr.jpg

The old one works fine and looks fine...
There is really no reason besides the fact that I have a bit more talent now, and when I rebuilt it I did so with twice the detail and 1200 less verts. Also, the EVO Trooper was always my fav so i plan on spending some time texturing it.

katanamaru, Circa and Omicron like this

So I have that EVO Trooper done, but it's kinda meh to me so I rebuilt him and will be releasing the rebuilt one with the mod, and the one you see in the video above in the next little while once I get his fingers set right I screwed them up. But I'll let this guy go and maybe even the old version of proxy before he was rebuilt I still have his gla as well. I'll let you guys have those to retexture and screw with while I finish the rest of this. here is the rebuilt one.

rwnm.jpg

The old one works fine and looks fine...

There is really no reason besides the fact that I have a bit more talent now, and when I rebuilt it I did so with twice the detail and 1200 less verts. Also, the EVO Trooper was always my fav so i plan on spending some time texturing it.

I'm glad you're taking another crack it this guy. He looks better already.

Just something I wanted to point out, I'm not sure if the previous version of your model had a mirrored helmet or not but the EVO only has one redline on one side of his helmet. One thing I have noticed though, both the chest and ab section of the EVO trooper look a lot like the Stormtrooper's.

You know, I'd actually think if you put some of the EVO's parts that you made on DT's ST model, it would look pretty cool.

• 5 weeks later...

hey anybody seen the ghoul2 error in jka that says something like miniheap size in sv_spawnserver or something?

i dunno if its any significance but this particular character also doesnt have a blade on his saber. the base characters do. guns work fine.

i get it everyday

A few things I notice so far:

1) You could model on the "bracelets" on the trooper's arms.

2) The arm cylinder is a little too big. Going up the arm, it should go up now more than a little half way up the arm. Going down it goes a little past the "bracelets".

3) The breathing tubes could be a little more curved around the middle. Your ref pics should be able to explain this better.

4) The cylinders on the leg are not in a box. They are 4 individual cylinders that pretty much cover the upper half of the leg.

5) Shoulder pads could be a bit bulkier.

6) The belt "bulges" are on the front half of the belt (use) DT'S belt for reference. I believe the EVO belt is exaclty the same as the

Stormtrooper's. The belt could also over all bit a bit taller.

7) The "poo" shaft on the back back can be removed. Instead whatyou need is a circular backwards object is needed. I'll supply

reference.

9)The EVO only has one stomach tube. That connects into the life support box. (Which the square part could be bigger.) It appears tohead to the left and down into the side of the chest. So you can delete the tube on the right.

10) The over all head shape (mainly the middle) can be strechted a bit more to the sides. The top of the helmet should not fade to the top so quickly but a decent slow pace so that it looks more unified.

That's what I can see for right now. He's looking good, but could still need some more work.

ChalklYne likes this
  • 10 months later...

Starting with the head

15510100294_b86f3aaed3_o.jpg

(I actually now that I look at it the trooper stache could just be skinned on you can probably can adjust the stache section so that is looks like it blends or get rid of the section all together. I don't really know how modelling works so whatever you can do to make that area go bye bye.

Arms

16107624316_672170b8c6_o.jpg

Torso

15945313800_d3083cb3a0_o.jpg

15510963724_0ac96b39df_o.jpgI think that's most of the core of my feedback for now.

ChalklYne, Omicron and Jolly like this

Taking a decent chunk of that critique out

IGzWBav.jpg

The head looks so much better!

One thing I did notice is that you kind of followed in error in one of the screenshot I made.

16112221236_8b3afdb79b_o.jpg

According to the actual in game version only one of the the EVO's belt packs are on his belt the other was correct before when it was on his thigh. The packs on the left should be moved back to the thigh position.

ChalklYne likes this