Jedi Academy/Outcast - Updated Playermodels

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which base JA/JO character(s) deserve(s) an update?

• Alora
    • Bespin Cop
    • Chewbacca
    • Chiss (Bartender)
    • Desann
    • Galak Fyarr
    • Jan
    • Lando
    • Marka Ragnos
    • Mercenary
    • Morgan Katarn
    • Rax Joris
    • Rebel Pilot
    • Rebel Soldier
    • Reborn (standard and variations)
    • Reelo Baruk
    • Rosh Penin
    • Saboteur
    • Shadowtrooper
    • Snowtrooper
    • Stormpilot
    • Swamptrooper
    • Tavion (Jedi Outcast)
    • Tavion (Jedi Academy)
    • Aliens (Weequay, Trandoshan, Rodian, Gran)
    • Droids (R2-D2, Protocol Droid, Mouse Droid, Gonk, Assassin Droid, Training Droid)
    • Other Jedi Academy/Outcast model (leave a reply)

IMO the second one probably suits her better, maybe in black instead and with a few less feathers, and a few other things borrowed from the first one.

I don't think a warrior outfit would fit her, her design screams a voodo witch or an asian shaman so why not capitalize on the shamanist cultures?

First of .. dress her up. This is not an outfit for a battle (Jedi Academy outift is a complete joke). She is too naked. This is not type of the clothes armor you wear for fighting..

Second thing.. i would give her maybe some cool looking robes or even parts of the armor. Why only one woman in the reborn army has outfit looking like this? 

Wait, you're talking about the outfit from JO or JA? Because yes, the JO outfit is silly, but so are the rest of the Reborn outfits (as someone, probably you, mentioned before). Is it combat-appropriate? That depends. The outfit, by the looks of it, provides mobility, and when you're fighting opponents who wield a one-hit-kill weapon such as a lightsaber, mobility is actually very important - you'll need a lot of dodging, jumping, etc., not to mention that as a Force-user, she does do a lot of jumping. Also, as a woman, being half-naked is also an advantage, considering the good guys (her enemies) are almost exclusively male (Mira in K2 actually called it)! Only two females on the good guys' side are Mon Mothma, who doesn't get out much, and Jan, who got kidnapped and held hostage.

Her outfit in JA was more 'appropriate' I'd say. Yes, it was still sexualized, but then, when we meet her on Vjun she actually does the whole 'sexy vixen' routine - the walk, the talk. (I actually spoke of her JA behaviour in a different thread, saying that she behaved like a dumped lover) In JA she's the leader of an underground cult of Force-users, so surely some 'alternative'/ new-age look would work. Again, sexualization and lack of armor are useful against saber-wielding men, but also, as cult-leader she probably wasn't even supposed to fight to begin with.

Droidy365, dg1995, Noodle and 1 other like this

Wait, you're talking about the outfit from JO or JA? Because yes, the JO outfit is silly, but so are the rest of the Reborn outfits (as someone, probably you, mentioned before). Is it combat-appropriate? That depends. The outfit, by the looks of it, provides mobility, and when you're fighting opponents who wield a one-hit-kill weapon such as a lightsaber, mobility is actually very important - you'll need a lot of dodging, jumping, etc., not to mention that as a Force-user, she does do a lot of jumping. Also, as a woman, being half-naked is also an advantage, considering the good guys (her enemies) are almost exclusively male (Mira in K2 actually called it)! Only two females on the good guys' side are Mon Mothma, who doesn't get out much, and Jan, who got kidnapped and held hostage.

Her outfit in JA was more 'appropriate' I'd say. Yes, it was still sexualized, but then, when we meet her on Vjun she actually does the whole 'sexy vixen' routine - the walk, the talk. (I actually spoke of her JA behaviour in a different thread, saying that she behaved like a dumped lover) In JA she's the leader of an underground cult of Force-users, so surely some 'alternative'/ new-age look would work. Again, sexualization and lack of armor are useful against saber-wielding men, but also, as cult-leader she probably wasn't even supposed to fight to begin with.

The same seems to apply to most Jedi too. Neither Obi-wan nor Anakin wear armors most of the time and Jedi like Ahsoka and Aayla Secura go around barely clothed even though there are Jedi completely opposite of that like Luminara and Barris. It'd seem the clothes have to reflect more on the personality of the character rather than any sort of practicality. Armors are very sith-like, while someone like Tavion goes around dressed more like a nightsister witch, which could excuse showing a lot of skin since they're by nature seductresses.

Droidy365, Lancelot, Wasa and 1 other like this

I don't think practicality matters when the force covers up the lack of agility or whatever(just look up Vader in the comics or even in the Legends), so it's either selected by aesthetics or like Noodle said, it fits their personality. And honestly that's a poor excuse for the last part since these men are basically Shaolin Monks - Christian Priests with a glowing lightstick  :winkthumb:

Just because they're celibate it doesn't mean they feel nothing ;)

Besides, Tavion's dealings aren't just with the Jedi, there are imps and reborn, and in JA also the cultists, and she might have felt some kind of arousal from bossing others around - 'I'm in charge of all these men, let them bask in my beauty but not touch me, for I am an untouchable goddess! Only Ragnos may dare touch me, because he's our lord and savior!' + she might also deal with civilians, and act as some kind of attraction for new recruits :D

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 3 weeks later...