Morin Mod - My OC stuff - Elemental weapon replacment + changing animation

As You Guys know i want to create my OC modification with my character - Morin. In this world they are using many types of powers. My story has more and more but i took some of them and tried my best to replace the original weapons into my powers

Here Ya go ^^ :

screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3alts.jpg
shot0122.jpg

When You will kill enemy they drop the scroll. I want to make all droped weapons the same to create some mysterious atmosphere in my mod.

Still this is very WIP and some things will be changed. I know many of You will say - Why not change the code ... I am busy now and i have many things on mind but learning coding would ... be a very time consuming lesson to undestand and too much work for one guy.. I have school (i am not good student ... I dont give a damn a lot) and my own .. personal weak problems. But i love creating stuff like that! Even if they are making me sometimes bad feeling and sad...

hope You will like it ^^

Merek, Exmirai, Lancelot and 11 others like this

if you continue like this you will be a great creator of mods in the future like DT is, have multi talents for mapping, modeling, efx and so on.

only thing i see is needed here in does pictures is the muzzle point in first person there needs a fix :)

Keep up the good work m8   :)

First person? D: Not Third person ? (The camera on back)

Some of the weapons glm use diffrent flash coordinates as base glm file that i used so i must put it a little closer to the hand.

Amazing @@Langerd!!! D:

Really you have all my respect for this. i love these kind of mods! :3

About blaster pistol, concussion and merrsonn ... what about the darkness-death, holy-light and gale-wind element? :)

bowcaster maybe can shoot acid \ poison element? (greens projectile.) can be an cool magic version of noghri stick :)

The Chaos thing will go with the Concussion which will be tough one.

Merr Sonn is Big Fire blast because of this Guy:

Tarnum.jpg

(This is one of the strongest Devil Alive in my story. His name is Tarnum. Most powerful user of Fire element. This ring that he creates is just creating the small ball with a big amount of energy. When this bomb will hit something it makes a rly big BIIIIG boom.

Morin is not powerful and skilled in fire as Tarnum so the explosion is much smaller)

Still dont know how to replace blaster_pistol. Maybe some kind of Lantern or maybe even Staff. The animations for it can be diffrent than the other weapons (and they are.. all weapons are wield with two hands but not blaster pistol and bryar) so this is the point i must pay attention.

Green projectiles are used by Langerd (Second main character). But this is energy type used by his family (So kind of fire but in the diffrent state) . I wanted it replacing bowcaster because it is my second fav guns in Jk (in killing reborns it is op.. Aim and Dmg are Godlike)

The explosives weapons are on my list too but i will make them in the end:

Thermal - Bottle explosive

Trip Mine - Cracked energy crystal

Detpack - diffrent cracked crystal or some little chaos monster that just explode. This is also hard one :/

Bek likes this

The Chaos thing will go with the Concussion which will be tough one.

Merr Sonn is Big Fire blast because of this Guy:

Tarnum.jpg

(This is one of the strongest Devil Alive in my story. His name is Tarnum. Most powerful user of Fire element. This ring that he creates is just creating the small ball with a big amount of energy. When this bomb will hit something it makes a rly big BIIIIG boom.

Morin is not powerful and skilled in fire as Tarnum so the explosion is much smaller)

Still dont know how to replace blaster_pistol. Maybe some kind of Lantern or maybe even Staff. The animations for it can be diffrent than the other weapons (and they are.. all weapons are wield with two hands but not blaster pistol and bryar) so this is the point i must pay attention.

Green projectiles are used by Langerd (Second main character). But this is energy type used by his family (So kind of fire but in the diffrent state) . I wanted it replacing bowcaster because it is my second fav guns in Jk (in killing reborns it is op.. Aim and Dmg are Godlike)

The explosives weapons are on my list too but i will make them in the end:

Thermal - Bottle explosive

Trip Mine - Cracked energy crystal

Detpack - diffrent cracked crystal or some little chaos monster that just explode. This is also hard one :/

Oh, understood man. :) if you want efx i can pass my mod gfx source folder + my effects folder with efx file. maybe there is something of useful that you can use. :) (i have a LARGE amount of magical efx of every kind of weapon and element, if you are interessed) However... so, green shoots is some kind of witch green fire? cool! D:

Langerd likes this

Oh, understood man. :) if you want efx i can pass my mod gfx source folder + my effects folder with efx file. maybe there is something of useful that you can use. :) (i have a LARGE amount of magical efx of every kind of weapon and element, if you are interessed) However... so, green shoots is some kind of witch green fire? cool! D:

Well in my story the other worlds have diffrent types of energy , plants , even weathers (i didnt 100% pay attention on that :P ) So there is green, blue and even purple fire. All of them have diffren look and in some way diffrent charactaristics. This green type of energy is mixed elements. It is kinda works ... very similar to lightsaber - It is rly hot but not enough to melt enemies (cutting is possible) . Langerd is using it in diffrent ways - he creates barriers, make an hot wave and even crate a small blade that.

About Efx ... Sry to say it but i want to do this 100% on my own (But i appriciated that ^u^ ) The only problem i have is the ... sounds. I dont know how to make em (... another thing to learn??? God ..) i dont know where i can find them and use them with permissions. Academy have a lot of sounds (for the old game i think) and some of them are sound great. But for example exploding sounds... sucks in my opinion. Mixing them in audacity etc .. making the better effects lawl.. i dont know how to do this XD

I am drawer , i am mapper (still I dont think i have a big of the experience in making those) a noob modeler (my models are just ... i think not enough good) and now i am making effects... And there are sounds and scripts and codes ... For the bantha shiet XD ... a lot stuff.

Now i fully understand why modders are making groups and teams and even create mods communities... Making the mods with two hands will always be MUCh harder and many times these modifications will never be realese.

Asgarath83 likes this

Well in my story the other worlds have diffrent types of energy , plants , even weathers (i didnt 100% pay attention on that :P ) So there is green, blue and even purple fire. All of them have diffren look and in some way diffrent charactaristics. This green type of energy is mixed elements. It is kinda works ... very similar to lightsaber - It is rly hot but not enough to melt enemies (cutting is possible) . Langerd is using it in diffrent ways - he creates barriers, make an hot wave and even crate a small blade that.

About Efx ... Sry to say it but i want to do this 100% on my own (But i appriciated that ^u^ ) The only problem i have is the ... sounds. I dont know how to make em (... another thing to learn??? God ..) i dont know where i can find them and use them with permissions. Academy have a lot of sounds (for the old game i think) and some of them are sound great. But for example exploding sounds... sucks in my opinion. Mixing them in audacity etc .. making the better effects lawl.. i dont know how to do this XD

I am drawer , i am mapper (still I dont think i have a big of the experience in making those) a noob modeler (my models are just ... i think not enough good) and now i am making effects... And there are sounds and scripts and codes ... For the bantha shiet XD ... a lot stuff.

Now i fully understand why modders are making groups and teams and even create mods communities... Making the mods with two hands will always be MUCh harder and many times these modifications will never be realese.

Well i have also a large amount of elemental sounds... D: they are not all ripped by games, many are sampled and remixed by me. i use goldwave and audacity some times. if you are interessed i can pass you the sound of my elemental shoots. :) for some magic sound you can look into neo dark ages mod. there is a lot of arcane sound because also NDA mod replace weapons with magic weapons.

Langerd likes this

New stuff :)

Funny umbrella pics - Bonus XD

shot0205.jpg
shot0210.jpg
shot0213.jpg
shot0215.jpg
shot0218.jpg
shot0223.jpg
shot0225.jpg
shot0229.jpg
shot0233.jpg
shot0236.jpg

Thermal - alchemy explosive
Trip Mine - Blue Crystals with explosion force
Detpack - Red Crystals with more powerful explosion force

Well i added many MD3 for my weapons and i thouht that it will lag the game so much it will be trouble to deal with it. BUT NO!!!

shot0240.jpg

Look at my FPS on the right top of the screen. It is rly high

Stoiss, Mand'alor, Srethem and 5 others like this

Excellent work, man! D:

Many thanks!

Still dont know what to do with the blaster pistol and Concussion :S And i am thinking about replacing :

maxresdefault.jpg

These sentries to the torches that shoout fire or crystals or something. But this is just an idea

Many thanks!

Still dont know what to do with the blaster pistol and Concussion :S And i am thinking about replacing :

maxresdefault.jpg

These sentries to the torches that shoout fire or crystals or something. But this is just an idea

well, maybe an holy golden fire and a necrotic explosion of black flames? D: (cools if you fight some boss lich monster)

edit: Fear the umbrella power!!! :D

Langerd likes this

well, maybe an holy golden fire and a necrotic explosion of black flames? D: (cools if you fight some boss lich monster)

edit: Fear the umbrella power!!! :D

Hmm i am thinking :

Blaster pistol - lantern that You hold and shot the blue white kind of fire or the purple bolts.

Concussion - kind of chaos power that is rare in my world

The problem is that i want give him the powers that he knows to use. (Speaking of Morin) he also use special technique mixing his blood ( this give him more possibilities because the blood of his race provide the power throgh the body very well) Maybe the concussion rifle will be his power or kind of power that only enemy use. (You also said the brayr pistol. Blaster pistol and bryar use the same effects so they could have diffrent look but the same effects)

Hmm i am thinking :

Blaster pistol - lantern that You hold and shot the blue white kind of fire or the purple bolts.

Concussion - kind of chaos power that is rare in my world

The problem is that i want give him the powers that he knows to use. (Speaking of Morin) he also use special technique mixing his blood ( this give him more possibilities because the blood of his race provide the power throgh the body very well) Maybe the concussion rifle will be his power or kind of power that only enemy use. (You also said the brayr pistol. Blaster pistol and bryar use the same effects so they could have diffrent look but the same effects)

i maked a lot of code stuff for make different efx for bryar and blaster pistol. but this require a lot of work.

you can edit in on cg_media.h cg_weapons.cpp and fx_bryarpistol.cpp ;)

for change the altfire shader efx you can edit on cg_players.cpp and cg_weapons.cpp the bryarfrontflash shader entry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New screens and ... A COMMON ENEMY MODEL - Red Acolytes. In my story there are 3 groups of angels. The Red ones are religion fanatics and also a group that look for powerful artefacts to dominate the lands. These guys serve to the Red Angels.

f5f8d93ece128433bc5147221f769338.jpg
22596798112d30f66c5f862d4aff596b.jpg
5da98aed6c8219009191911abd1ca97f.jpg
8383fd8eac23f14ce124c44a7b0b3296.jpg
7df49821d9c66f9409e22cc236ab3847.jpg
748ada42117dbc8cbf19796863d0059e.jpg
aa313e72e41a061fe4c27768345fc93a.jpg

On one screen one acolyte has a earth effect on the staff. I am thinking about making the same thing for Morin - it will deal more damage because acolytes are easiest enemies. I want to make the angels and i want to make them rly hard to beat. I am planing many things but.. well. My time for these things lately is pretty low.

P.S. - Guess what this hole in the column is for ;)