Jango Fett WIP

• 2 weeks later...

In game MBII:

shot0012.jpg

shot0016.jpg

Just need to work on the textures a bit more, specifically the shading on boba fett, i think i got jango down.  Keep in mind this is pre head fix, so yea the head looks small.

I think im going to jodo_kast another go, this is from way back when:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Jodo_Kast;30762

This time i want to model in the waist:

jodokastbelts011.jpg

@@Mandalorian

I was going to use the corto helmet as my base model, but I just didn't like it at all, and its difficult to skin vs the helmet from base jka, so I went with that instead. Most likely going to do a pack as well with montross left out, may factor in clones instead, but that would be a different pack. (Not happy with the current clone models either).

Another update, made the head bigger, made the shin armor wider (based on feedback):

jango_front.jpg

shot0044.jpg

Dont mind the feet, still working on those

@@Mandalorian

I would work on different base, something other than mars work, his is more of art / expression/version of the clones, not that movie accurate.  The closest I saw to the clone was one made for Jk2:

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Clone_Trooper;36646

His body was more accurate i think, the head could have used some work.

Somebody tried making work, but never released the model:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Star_Wars_Ep3_JA_Mod/index.php?showtopic=57

Untitled.jpg

Also going back to feedback, @@Mandalorian, do you happen to have an idea on how to get rid of the line on the head? That's my biggest gripe with the base boba head model that i can't seem to get rid of.

Very nice Jango is looking better and better.

I'll have a look at getting rid of the head line.should be simple,i can add the extra straps on that holster as well, if you send me the file.

I wasnt aware of that clone model. I read a way to kitbash jk2 models with jk3 ones I cant remember where on these forums tho.
I may try that out.

However, I havent had too bad a time reworking mars's work.It may take even longer to try use this model.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't help but notice that some of the texture work looks like it is from my pack. Where you using it as a base? I dont mind if that is the case, more honored. I am not that good at texture work anyhow :P

Yes.  Used it as a base (I suck at textures when it comes to clothes) so i modified it a bit, added a filter.  Will definitely credit you once the model is done. I am making tweaks here and there.

Don't let this die!!! Great looking models. Keep up the great work ^.^

Don't worry I won't.  If anything ill release this and jango then release a whole new mando pack.

@@extreme_x0

Ah I was a fan of your mando pack back in the day, I remember using it on an RP server!

Your mando is looking better than the MBII one, hopefully this one will make it in :).

funny you should say that, the mando pack in question was using the model from MBII.  Whole reason why i started to work on this model is because of MBII's model lacking in detail and accuracy.  This model already has all the tags MBII uses so if MBII team wishes to use it, it would be an honor.  Like i mentioned before, i think i will work on an updated mando pack with more variety such as jodo kast  and/or maybe somehow inject some arc troopers the same way marz did with his pack on the 3d model that way the mando class can see a jetpack arc trooper.

Jolly likes this

Nice textures, What sort of shader work are you going to use?

With Jango, its easy, however, boba is more challenging, do you have any suggestions?  As mentioned before I suck in that department, i do what i can to make my own but end up modifying / adding to existing ones like yours.

This model already has all the tags MBII uses

This got attention. Do the jetpack/rocket effects work properly with this?

If they do I can lend assistance with the shaders (it's not difficult to do a basic spec for the metallic parts of the armor).

This got attention. Do the jetpack/rocket effects work properly with this?

If they do I can lend assistance with the shaders (it's not difficult to do a basic spec for the metallic parts of the armor).

The model is pretty much finished. I had to redo the helmet and separate the parts to make the head easy to texture the lines around the helmet. I just haven't gotten around to do them.  I will upload the model to google drive and give you guys a look at the tags.  From my tests, all the tags work, but not sure if it works in the outside view with other people so maybe you can test it out.

Yea, like i said before,  i made this model with replacing the one in MB II in mind.

Jolly, Spaghetti and Onysfx like this

@@extreme_x0 Any updates on these models ^,^

Boba is pretty much done.  Jango just needs textures for the helmet.  I re did the uv mapping because the stock one (using raven's helmet for boba) is hard to use.  Here are the screenshots on the textures to give you an idea:

face.jpg

head.jpg

So I just need to add the gold badges/lines on the right and hes done.  With Jango I need to texture then add the lines around the helmet. 
Jolly and Mandalorian like this